Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No wonder Shinsuke Nakamura's coasting if he's on that a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I remember reading last year that Jinder was on close to $1m a year (not sure how true it is) but if it is anywhere close to that why would he ever want to work for anyone else.

I'd be signing 5/10/ lifetime contracts for that kind of money if I were him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

No way Jinder is on that even accounting for his pull in his home market. If he is then fair ****ing play to whoever negotiated that.

I'd believe the Great Khali was on that before I'd believe Jinder is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jinder's never getting booked anywhere else, he's far better off staying where he is. Rolling up geeks on a golf course in comedy skits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    No wonder Shinsuke Nakamura's coasting if he's on that a year.

I think I remember hearing he's on the guts of a million a year.

Him, Balor and a few others got great deals at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jinder's never getting booked anywhere else, he's far better off staying where he is. Rolling up geeks on a golf course in comedy skits.

R-Truth isn't a geek. Comedy may be his thing but I wouldn't call him a geek because of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    R-Truth isn't a geek. Comedy may be his thing but I wouldn't call him a geek because of it.

It’s ok this is jericho’s Gimmick now he doesn’t really believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No way Jinder is on that even accounting for his pull in his home market. If he is then fair ****ing play to whoever negotiated that.

I'd believe the Great Khali was on that before I'd believe Jinder is

Home market ? He's canadian sand I think WWE have canada covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Home market ? He's canadian sand I think WWE have canada covered.

Ah.....thought he was from India given the way they tried to sell him to that Market.

Episodes 5 & 6 of Vice's The Wrestlers are great one follows Womens wrestling and domestic violence that goes with it sadly and the other follows Mexican wrestlers including Rey Fenix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's the average yearly wage for a WWE wrestler these days?

$500k?

Well then it's a no brainer for these guys to sign a 5 year deal take the money and run and phone it in every night you are there what are they going to do fire you.
    Majority of the mid card probably make low six figures. 200 to 300k I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I enjoyed the Stardom one. Came across it randomly on YouTube. Jungle Kyona & Mayu Iwatani were a really interesting part of the it. Both had fascinating back stories. Shame the viceland docs are so tricky to watch easily.

J. Marston wrote: »

In WWE terms, if you are running around the building after the 24/7 title you are a geek.

So reading today that the latest way for Vince to kill off RAW and Smackdown is to stop all action when they go to ad breaks so if there is a match on which is usually when they take there ad breaks the Entertainers have to stop Entertaining and what they are doing for the duration of the the ad break before being given a cue to start again as the ad ends and they go back live to the show.

How to kill a crowd at a live televised event.

So reading today that the latest way for Vince to kill off RAW and Smackdown is to stop all action when they go to ad breaks so if there is a match on which is usually when they take there ad breaks the Entertainers have to stop Entertaining and what they are doing for the duration of the the ad break before being given a cue to start again as the ad ends and they go back live to the show.

How to kill a crowd at a live televised event.

I think it's more 2/3 falls matches and elimination matches so that there's a natural time for a break.

I doubt it will last more than a couple of weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

See Rollins said WWE has the best pro wrestling on the planet ....... lol. He can't seriously think that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think it's more 2/3 falls matches and elimination matches so that there's a natural time for a break.

I doubt it will last more than a couple of weeks though.

It’ll last as long as the 3rd hour on Raw going more “Raw”

See Rollins said WWE has the best pro wrestling on the planet ....... lol. He can't seriously think that.

He doesn’t have to believe it but if I was getting paid what he was I’d say the Same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bellas told Jimmy Fallon both have retired from WWE

Rollins is having a meltdown on Twitter over people ragging on how **** WWE is at the moment.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Rollins is having a meltdown on Twitter over people ragging on how **** WWE is at the moment.

lol

But if Jericho did it, or started having pops at people everyone would be masterbating at his sheer brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

But if Jericho did it, or started having pops at people everyone would be masterbating at his sheer brilliance.

Yep standard wrestling fans at the minute on Twitter at the minute. If guy does something and he’s in wwe it’s terrible same thing happens outside it’s genius

Nah, Rollins belittling Will Ospreay is a bit far fetched. He's coming accross a whiny and deluded. Rollins can't compare with his level.

Nah, Rollins belittling Will Ospreay is a bit far fetched. He's coming accross a whiny and deluded. Rollins can't compare with his level.

It's hilarious that he was saying that WWE already have a better version of Ospreay in Ricochet when Ricochet is toned way the **** down in WWE and works pretty much the same match every time now. Also, Ospreay has changed his style quite a bit so comparing him to Ricochet is a bit silly.

Ospreay is on track to be the most noteworthy wrestler of 2019 by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You'd be frustrated too working 300 odd days a year and doing the absolute best you can do, while one of his best friends having just left and is getting on fantastic with competitors

Dean is now one of the darlings of the internet and Rollins is as flat as a 2 day open can of coke

He's as good as their number 1 guy right now but it's not clicking for him atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Ricochet is great, but as said definitely toned down in WWE. Ospreay is better in 2019, matches against Shingo, YOH, Bandido and ELP in BOSJ and against Dragon Lee were all fantastic, have to disagree with Rollins assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You'd be frustrated too working 300 odd days a year

Don't know what days WWE work now but it sure as hell ain't 300, not with the brand split. It's not the 1980's anymore.

Ospreay is easily the best in the world right now, and that's by a long way. He's improved an awful lot in the last year and he was already fantastic then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ERG89 wrote: »
    Don't know what days WWE work now but it sure as hell ain't 300, not with the brand split. It's not the 1980's anymore.

When you include travel and foreign trips where they can go 2/3 weeks without being home like the European trips it's not too far off

A quick google tells me Rollins had 158 matches inc house shows in 2018, so the number of working days is probably closer to 250 which is still ridiculous

• Advertisement

This Rollins thing is him realising that he is trapped working in a **** company in an industry he loves having 2-2.5 star matches against guys who are failed football players who just do wrestling because they are tall.

All his friends and the guys he actually wants to wrestle are doing much better work in companies that aren't horribly evil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement