Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Never seen Session moth
    but is that supposed to be Session mot ?

She spells it Moth but yeah you get the idea. Dublin party girl gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hopefully they dont turn her into an Irish Lucha House Party

"Ohhhh Martina just loves to have fun corey"

"Makes me sick cole"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Meltzer saying that Session Moth Martina is signing with NXT UK.

Pretty cool having so much Irish talent in WWE these days. Becky, Finn, Sheamus, Devlin and now Martina.

Devlin should get out, he's far too good to be doing nothing in NXT UK

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Big Damo stuck in WWE limbo these days not on a main show and not back down on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is Big Damo stuck in WWE limbo these days not on a main show and not back down on NXT.

saw a quote from xpac talking to rodd dogg and he said there working on video promos for Damos re debut in NXT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sirsok wrote: »
    Hopefully they dont turn her into an Irish Lucha House Party

"Ohhhh Martina just loves to have fun corey"

"Makes me sick cole"

My prediction is that Cole and Corey won’t ever have to commentate on her matches to be honest. I don’t rate her really but she’s done well for herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Agree with Pent. She's sound and all and tries hard but she's not that polished by any means. She's a good fit for OTT and the indies but I don't think the gimmick or style translates well outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well this week's NXT UK
    Pretty much confirms Sanity's finished with Alexander Wolf making his debut

scarlett is released from impact not sure were she could end up never seen who wrestle properly but certainly has the looks to make it in wwe especially with their penchant for blonde women

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1140983100140335106?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AEW, I'm guessing. They're a tier up in what they're allowed to get away with on TV. Think they're TV-14 while WWE is PG.

20 years ago Vince would be on that like a rash though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

sky88 wrote: »
    scarlett is released from impact not sure were she could end up never seen who wrestle properly but certainly has the looks to make it in wwe especially with their penchant for blonde women

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1140983100140335106?s=20

Scarlett is decent in ring and most importantly willing. She has the scope to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    AEW, I'm guessing. They're a tier up in what they're allowed to get away with on TV. Think they're TV-14 while WWE is PG.

20 years ago Vince would be on that like a rash though.

She'll at least get an offer; her boyfriend Killer Kross probably won't be far behind either.
    Even though Impact has a strong women's division ahead is miles off their best workers but would work as a manager.
    Probably a good move from Impact as they seemed to complain about pay as Impact work a few days a month it ain't close to as high as it once was but I did get a laugh out of Ethan Page just saying that you can work those dates elsewhere. Eg they signed Laredo Kid to a few dates who is also teaming with the Lucha Bros at Fyter Fest.

Terrible news so young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lars Sullivan is out for 6-9 months with a pretty serious knee injury, according to Meltzer.

Regardless of the old discriminatory quotes he was punished for recently, it sucks to see that happening to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

martyos121 wrote: »
    Lars Sullivan is out for 6-9 months with a pretty serious knee injury, according to Meltzer.

Regardless of the old discriminatory quotes he was punished for recently, it sucks to see that happening to anyone.

Yeah some guys have no luck regarding injuries. How they will explain an unstoppable freak got hurt is going to be interesting?? Maybe we might see a new direction for his character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah some guys have no luck regarding injuries. How they will explain an unstoppable freak got hurt is going to be interesting?? Maybe we might see a new direction for his character

Flinging minorities around the ring is taxing on the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He used to wear a knee brace when he was first on television in NXT. Wonder if it was the same problem. Can't remember many that wore knee braces that stopped wearing them.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He used to wear a knee brace when he was first on television in NXT. Wonder if it was the same problem. Can't remember many that wore knee braces that stopped wearing them.

Mysterio I don't think wears them anymore....got I forget if he does or not. Kinda sums up his run :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Has Becky stopped wearing hers after that devastating knee injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Big guys are susceptible to such injuries especially if they're sent out there before they're ready. Lars really is the personification of Vince's worst indulgences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Considering his push was going over as well as dogpoo in your shoes, from a creative and character pov it might not be the worst thing to have to do a reset with him in 6-9 months

Sucks for the dude himself obviously, but might not be the worst thing long term

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

Back for the Rumble maybe?
    Don't give a toss about Lars though same as most.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mauro Ranallo's Bipolar Rock 'N' Roller documentary is available on YouTube for anyone interested.

Mojo Rawley has apparently resigned for another 5 years doodling on himself in WWE catering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

This would be a great time if JTG was still with the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What's the average yearly wage for a WWE wrestler these days?

$500k?

Well then it's a no brainer for these guys to sign a 5 year deal take the money and run and phone it in every night you are there what are they going to do fire you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

$500k?

Well then it's a no brainer for these guys to sign a 5 year deal take the money and run and phone it in every night you are there what are they going to do fire you.

If my boss offered me €500k a year to essentially show to work and do no work while they put over someone less qualified and experienced to me I would be so fn happy... all of the pay for none of the stress.

• Advertisement

$500k?

It's definitely a no brainer for the likes of Mojo and Mike and Maria. They would probably struggle to get indie bookings and there's no guarantee that any of the other feds would offer them a deal at all.

Bit of a shame because it's not like we're talking about woefully bad workers here. Some of these folks are fairly solid but WWE just made a complete hames of them and stopped putting them on TV regularly so they have zero chance of getting over even a little bit now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement