Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I really hope they pin someone while they're asleep in their hotel room, and have them waking up realising they lost the title

Several segments across Raw some weeks would be fun too, it's such a silly thing but it would actually give you something to look forward to throughout Raw

They did something like that with the hardcore title when it had the 24/7 rule. I definitely remember someone trying to pin someone who was asleep and the ref whispering the count.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They did something like that with the hardcore title when it had the 24/7 rule. I definitely remember someone trying to pin someone who was asleep and the ref whispering the count.

Even better... it was the commentators whispering the play-by-play. Add that to a euphorically silent Gerald Briscoe celebrating and, well, it's the greatest piece of television ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ah here thats brilliant, showing my age not knowing of that

So many silly things can be done, someone should definitely start live streaming randomly on Facebook or Twitch while going after the belt, the possibilities are endless and it shouldnt be just another belt where its im the best ill fight anyone

A good chickensh1t heel could do wonders as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1135590421504167936?s=19

Bully Ray had a fan brought backstage by Delirious seemingly at an ROH show this past weekend. The fan had a back & forth with Delirious & Ray's girlfriend's which involved insults, gestures & spitting (by Mandy Leon).
    The latest in ROH's public embarrassment & hopefully leads to a few dismissals.
    Bully used the sexism excuse, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

5 name changes coming
    And they're perfect for shortening if they make the main roster... *Insertrolleyes.jpeg

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=126940

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1135590421504167936?s=19

Bully Ray had a fan brought backstage by Delirious seemingly at an ROH show this past weekend. The fan had a back & forth with Delirious & Ray's girlfriend's which involved insults, gestures & spitting (by Mandy Leon).
    The latest in ROH's public embarrassment & hopefully leads to a few dismissals.
    Bully used the sexism excuse, of course.

if thats true that is just so ridiculous

always thought there was reason as to why dvon is an agent in wwe and bully isnt than just him wanting to wrestle

im surprised he didnt use the old im just from a different era its the way we use to do things but hes a well know ahole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

https://wrestletalk.com/news/exclusive-wwe-holding-womens-tryout-in-uk-this-week/

Looks like a few Irish women could be NXT UK bound if the tryouts go well this weekend.

Debbie Keitel, Valkyrie and possibly Session Moth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    5 name changes coming
    And they're perfect for shortening if they make the main roster... *Insertrolleyes.jpeg

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=126940

I'm assuming "Rik Bugez" will be pronounced "Rick Boogies"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    https://wrestletalk.com/news/exclusive-wwe-holding-womens-tryout-in-uk-this-week/

Looks like a few Irish women could be NXT UK bound if the tryouts go well this weekend.

Debbie Keitel, Valkyrie and possibly Session Moth.

Session Moth's gimmick would not translate well even to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Loughc wrote: »

Except she got decent pops in the US at Joey Janelas events and has been pretty successful in the UK too, with Wrestle Crate even bringing out special figures for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »

Probably a name change at best..

Loughc wrote:

Like most signings with WWE her name has a shred of buzz so they'll sign her & be paid to work the shows they'll ask her to work with the British promotions that'll individually die off once or if NXT UK gets some proper traction.

Aleister Black's reply to a now deleted tweet from someone at Whatculture.

https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/1135680500662710274

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The whatcture guy just tweeted ‘nice kick for a pu$$y’ under a tweet by Black kicking Murphy

What a dumbass, there’s only a couple decent people left at WC and he’s ruining things for them, what good outcome could his tweet have had

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Black shut that down in a very measured way while hitting him with a zinger. Zelina's response (or one aspect of it) seemed petty though, in my opinion...

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742684948312064

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742726715203584

Wrestlers getting pissy about fans using "wrestler lingo" has always rubbed me the wrong way. Of course people can be obnoxious with it but it has been out there in the internet forever now. People are gonna use it. I don't know why some wrestlers treat it like ancient sacred text.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Black shut that down in a very measured way while hitting him with a zinger. Zelina's response (or one aspect of it) seemed petty though, in my opinion...

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742684948312064

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742726715203584

Wrestlers getting pissy about fans using "wrestler lingo" has always rubbed me the wrong way. Of course people can be obnoxious with it but it has been out there in the internet forever now. People are gonna use it. I don't know why some wrestlers treat it like ancient sacred text.

a lot of people were saying zelina response was about the bully ray thing not black but who knows.

would agree that black had a brilliant response

J. Marston wrote: »

00a084ee-17bf-4d20-8391-69f40adad7a9.gif

Couldn't resist. Even though I agree about wrestlers being overly petty. Honestly had forgotten all about Whatculture covering wrestling & kinda wish it stayed forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't know baout the Session Moth thing but it looks like David Starr has launched a promotion called We The Independent or something and posted a picture with her wearing a tee so maybe she won't be trying out or signing but who knows.

EDIT- Also been a suggestion that it's some sort of union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Is Big E wasted in his New Day role? Dude has shown he's charismatic as hell.

When he was in NXT, he was Super Over with the 5 count gimmick etc. He's proven he can talk, and can go in the ring.

• Advertisement

When he was in NXT, he was Super Over with the 5 count gimmick etc. He's proven he can talk, and can go in the ring.

the lads really do love the new day gimmick and always mention how they dont want to break up but honestly feel theres so much you could do with a new day break up and triple threat match and a heel run for big E.

they messed up the triple threat match for the shield which should have main evented mania at some stage hope they dont miss the chance on this

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The New Day rake in the dollars on merchandise sales they would be foolish to give up that kind of income.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

He has shown he is charismatic????

Where? When? How? Those 3 lads are not charismatic. They are annoying. Much like your session moths etc, if you met them in a boozer in town and they acted like that you would throw a guinness at them....

He has shown he is charismatic????

Where? When? How? Those 3 lads are not charismatic. They are annoying. Much like your session moths etc, if you met them in a boozer in town and they acted like that you would throw a guinness at them....

Thats your opinion. It's wrong of course, but you're entitled to it.

Here's the dictionary definition of charisma:

a special power that some people have naturally that makes them able to influence other people and attract their attention and admiration

All 3 members have this in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They are 100 percent charismatic.

You dont have to like them, but they have charisma in my opinion.

Personally i think they are all very likeable and full of energy, however i think their act is stale to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

charisma??

If you are a grown up then , much like bayley, to find them charismatic is very very worrying
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    They are 100 percent charismatic.

You dont have to like them, but they have charisma in my opinion.

Personally i think they are all very likeable and full of energy, however i think their act is stale to a degree.

Strongly disagree with weareallmarks, as for the throwing of Guinness, why the hell would ya waste a pint of Guinness?

Throwing a pint of Guinness, absolute madness :pac:

charisma??

If you are a grown up then , much like bayley, to find them charismatic is very very worrying

and what exactly is worrying about that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

charisma??

If you don’t find them entertaining, that’s absolutely fine. Many don’t.

If you don’t think they’re charismatic, you’re just simply wrong. It’s not a matter of opinion, they’re the textbook definition of charismatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Like 90% of wrestlers you see in any kind of major role are vastly more charismatic than the average Joe. If you can hold an audience’s attention for a period of time, you have charisma. Now that doesn’t mean you’re necessarily entertaining or likeable or good, they’re all subjective. But yes, a guy who can get thousands of people to chant “New Day rocks” in unison on a weekly basis is definitely charismatic and it’s not really up for debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement