Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Awful stuff, one article I read said that the Uruguayan girl was taking a year off from medical studies but then also said she’s an air hostess with Ryanair. Did I read that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I would assume the girls would have a fair idea of the ethnicity of the attackers, wouldn’t you?

Presumably. Did they mention it elsewhere or what are you driving at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

There were about 2 and a half times as many murders in New York as London last year. He should probably be looking closer to home when giving out about cities.

Not sure about that, indeed for the 1st 2 months of 2018, it overtook NYC (both circa 9m) and not a lot of difference between the two. NY has also seen dramatic improvements regarding crime levels overall in recent years, the opposite is true of old Londonium town.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/04/03/londons-murder-rate-higher-than-new-york-citys/480860002/

Then there is Obarmars home town of Chicago, a TV doc stated there was circa 100,000 crackheads and more street gangs than at a gang convention, nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Odhinn wrote: »
    Presumably. Did they mention it elsewhere or what are you driving at?

I would like them to have published the ethnicity of the attackers. Clear enough for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Horrific. I feel they have intentionally left out an important detail about the attackers.
    This has already been covered. While many muslims are homophobic, there is zero evidence that the attackers in this case are muslim. It's not like assaults are only carried out by muslims anyway, and their religion would surely be against seeking out a bit of lesbian snogging.

Why should the ethnicity be given too? Are ethnicities always reported when people are assaulted? Of course they aren't.

Seems like you care more about it possibly being muslims (despite zero evidence) than what happened to the women.

• Advertisement

I would assume the girls would have a fair idea of the ethnicity of the attackers, wouldn’t you?

You wouldn't like the victims anyway their foreign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Das Reich wrote: »
    I yet she was so sure about he being Spanish speaker. Strange.

The victim is Uruguayan, they speak Spanish there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Horrific. I feel they have intentionally left out an important detail about the attackers.

The F'ing state of you

Das Reich wrote: »
    I have very distinctive Portuguese accent, yet anglo people had asked me if I was speaking, Polish, German, French... They can't recognize a Chinese from an Indian, yet she was so sure about he being Spanish speaker. Strange. A photo and names of the attackers would be better. I will follow till police find them.

You must speak to a lot of tone deaf people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Sonny noggs there desperate for this attack to have been carried out by some muzzers

• Advertisement

This has already been covered. While many muslims are homophobic, there is zero evidence that the attackers in this case are muslim. It's not like assaults are only carried out by muslims anyway, and their religion would surely be against seeking out a bit of lesbian snogging.

Why should the ethnicity be given too? Are ethnicities always reported when people are assaulted? Of course they aren't.

Seems like you care more about it possibly being muslims (despite zero evidence) than what happened to the women.

Who mentioned muslims? Wasn’t the demographic I had in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You'll get the usual ones in here salivating at the mere prospect of it, any attack anywhere and the usual fvckwits are straight in with their idiotic "religion of peace strikes again" or "sure we can all guess the ethnicity if these lads" posts.

If a pic gets posted on a news site showing these lads were white you wouldn't hear another peep from them.

SJWs our in force tonight.

if the gender, ethnicity, sexuality, religion of the victim of a crime is front and centre- particularly if any of it may be a causal factor- then should the same factors be as publicised in the perpetrators?

if not, why not?

edit- general question based on flow of thread, agreed that its rubbish to see the desperation for this to have been by muslims

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So are the homophobes, racists and bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Sonics2k wrote: »
    "Why do Gay people still need to have a Pride parade, sure there's no more real homophobia."

"Oh this wasn't a gay attack, sure they attacked a gay couple, harassed them, attacked them and told them to kiss but this wasn't a gay attack."

"Probably Muslims."

Jesus Christ I weep for After Hours these days. Long gone are the days of fun and banter, now it's just right wingers spreading their usual ****e.

You forgot the very left wing, "Trumps visit emboldened them to do it" post, convenient that.

You'll get the usual ones in here salivating at the mere prospect of it, any attack anywhere and the usual fvckwits are straight in with their idiotic "religion of peace strikes again" or "sure we can all guess the ethnicity if these lads" posts.

If a pic gets posted on a news site showing these lads were white you wouldn't hear another peep from them.

Same ones with the usual homophobic ****e in threads too.

Their a little busy in the coke thread at the moment, but should be along presently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Then you'll say who it was.
    What's an sjw? A person who disagrees with you/points out flaws in your argument and insincerity?

So are the homophobes, racists and bigots.

Thanks for the heads up, i’ll keep an eye out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I would like them to have published the ethnicity of the attackers. Clear enough for you?

Why? The only way this information could be helpful is in catching the attackers and I'm sure the authorities gathered all the relevant information. Unless you're planning on launching your own Neesonesque manhunt, how is there ethnicity relevant to you [edit] or the story?

• Advertisement

jay1988 wrote: »
    You forgot the very left wing, "Trumps visit emboldened them to do it" post, convenient that.

that post was quite obviously a p1sstake

Then you'll say who it was.

What's an sjw? A person who disagrees with you/points out flaws in your argument and insincerity?

What flaws? I asked why the ethnicity of the attackers hasn’t been reported. What is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

teenagers are a dangerous thing

brains arent fully formed but big and aggressive enough to attack and do damage yet still not subject to the full rigour of the law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Meanwhile, Khan says incidents such as this "won't be tolerated".

Err, lets have a look at the Met's own stats
    https://www.met.police.uk/sd/stats-and-data/met/hate-crime-dashboard/
    - for this specific classification, over the last 5yrs or so (upto April this year):

LcfnX8W.png

Yeh, good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'm sure you would have. However you seem to have some vested interest in what that ethnicity might be, despite the fact we haven't a clue what it is.

What demographic did you have in mind then?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

So far we've had "De muslims did it", "its trumps fault" and some victim blaming thrown into the mix with all the other ****e being posted.

The ****ing state of this thread.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Why? The only way this information could be helpful is in catching the attackers and I'm sure the authorities gathered all the relevant information. Unless you're planning on launching your own Neesonesque manhunt, how is there ethnicity relevant to you?

Yeah, I suppose we didn’t need to know the gender or sexuality of the victims either.

Odhinn wrote: »
    I'm sure you would have. However you seem to have some vested interest in what that ethnicity might be, despite the fact we haven't a clue what it is.

What demographic did you have in mind then?

Black teenager criminality seem to be out of control in London.

What flaws? I asked why the ethnicity of the attackers hasn’t been reported. What is the problem?

Because it only matters to some ***** with issues.
    Now if they turn out to be white English assholes you won't be interested, other than to perhaps make a snide comment or two as to the victims sexuality.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Because it only matters to some ***** with issues.
    Now if they turn out to be white English assholes you won't be interested.

do we have a thread about every assault on london public transport?

Advertisement