Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doonbeg Begorragh!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

President Obama stayed about 19 hours and a motorway plaza was named after him.

President Trump is surely owed a motorway plaza and a few town streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,338 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The golf club was there before the Donald Trump became an international threat, it will be there long after.

Until it's washed away by vicious storms and rising sea levels!

Trump will build the wall. Nobody does it better. Doonbeg is not doomed!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I dont think the Taoiseach regularly meets the owners of golf clubs in Shannon... at least I hope not. Only gets out of bed just for popstars and presidents.

Its not meeting is the problem (think its good to have meeting with forgien leaders etc)

Its just to me seems an extravagent waste of resources when lads going around shooting each other in dublin for what is an unoffial visit by trump.....will we be expected to do same into the future when he retires??

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    President Obama stayed about 19 hours and a motorway plaza was named after him.

President Trump is surely owed a motorway plaza and a few town streets.

Or a golf club?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

It makes me sick to see them roll out the welcome for drumpf, if they love walls so much maybe we can wall off doonbeg from the rest of the country

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »
    Its not meeting is the problem (think its good to have meeting with forgien leaders etc)

Its just to me seems an extravagent waste of resources when lads going around shooting each other in dublin for what is an unoffial visit by trump.....will we be expected to do same into the future when he retires??

if its an unofficial visit why did leo meet him?

If the lads are shooting each other in dublin arent going to be caught with all the corporation tax revenue we have 10million wont make a damn bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

The golf club was there before the Donald Trump became an international threat, it will be there long after.

Until it's washed away by vicious storms and rising sea levels!

True. But now, it will always be a Golf Club that was owned and visited by a P.O.T.U.S.

For the town of Doonbeg that's a massive (financially lucrative) change in their circumstances. .

This is what i am curious to find out....as afaik offial visits go through the Aras and meet president aswell (kinda like how he met queen)

Seems ludicrious money to be spending so as he can holiday here????,id hope that we would be billing him,if this is unoffial(why are my taxes spent on this,fcuk knows i pay enough??)....the national budget will be tight enough with brexit this year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,911 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Be all forgotten when he departs. Bet Melania might crack a smile too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

At least Trump told Kevin where the lobby was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,911 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    True. But now, it will always be a Golf Club that was owned and visited by a P.O.T.U.S.

For the town of Doonbeg that's a massive (financially lucrative) change in their circumstances. .

Great for the Doonbeg natives, but the rest of us could not give two hoots really, and eaten bread is soon forgotten.

This is what i am curious to find out....as afaik offial visits go through the Aras and meet president aswell (kinda like how he met queen)
    Seems ludicrious money to be spending so as he can holiday here????,id hope that we would be billing him,if this is unoffial(why are my taxes spent on this,fcuk knows i pay enough??)....the national budget will be tight enough with brexit this year

National broadband plan is ludicrous money in the billions.
    This is a once off visit by the head of state of the USA costing ten million.
    Whats the budget for tourism ireland? Think of it as coming from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Great for the Doonbeg natives, but the rest of us could not give two hoots really, and eaten bread is soon forgotten.

Fair enough! Squeeze those pips Doonbeg! Think of the extra hang sangwiches and tae that will be sold today, to hungry protesters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

El_Bee wrote: »
    It makes me sick to see them roll out the welcome for drumpf, if they love walls so much maybe we can wall off doonbeg from the rest of the country

1iyl24.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Indeed it's his policies with respect to trade and support of Brexit that will affect the entire country that are of greater concern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I actually like the misogynist racist. Trying to follow through with promises at least. More true to his word than most

National broadband plan is ludicrous money in the billions.
    This is a once off visit by the head of state of the USA costing ten million.
    Whats the budget for tourism ireland? Think of it as coming from that.

Noone is argueing againest these points

But its ridcolus me paying tax and it to be spend so this lad can have a holiday and it seems not bother with an offial visit??

Whats even the point of it like,??

Can you gaurntee it to be a once off....or will we have to find money into the future for visits when he retires??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Did anyone actually watch the rte news and the protesters behind the camera?

Jaysus.

Usual mob of layabouts. Most of us are too busy working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Donny’s young fellas are after turning up for a lash of pints.

https://twitter.com/zaraking/status/1136386840016109569?s=21

tupenny wrote: »
    I actually like the misogynist racist. Trying to follow through with promises at least. More true to his word than most

Also the protesters would annoy him more by giving him zero attention. He clearly thrives on it

• Advertisement

Noone is argueing againest these points

But its ridcolus me paying tax and it to be spend so this lad can have a holiday and it seems not bother with an offial visit??

Whats even the point of it like,??

Can you gaurntee it to be a once off....or will we have to find money into the future for visits when he retires??

How do you think the Yankees feel about having to have us over every Paddys Day?
    This is the quid pro quo for all those White House visits, congressional dinners and trade missions.

Between the money he has put into Doonbeg, and the publicity this visit has generated for american tourists, I think the Trump has the ten million indirectly covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Did Noonan meet Trump at Shannon a few years back surrounded by Oirish Dancers etc when the Don was buying Doonbeg?

Usual mob of layabouts. Most of us are too busy working.

Are we still talking about the protestors or have we moved onto the Trump juniors?

I'll get my coat. I hear theres a free bar in Doonbeg.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Trying but failing, or in some cases not even trying. Do you think that wall will ever be built? And as for draining the swamp, that's a joke.

How do you think the Yankees feel about having to have us over every Paddys Day?
    This is the quid pro quo for all those White House visits, congressional dinners and trade missions.

Between the money he has put into Doonbeg, and the publicity this visit has generated for american tourists, I think the Trump has the ten million indirectly covered.

To best of my knowlege the paddys day visit is offial...your comparing apples and oranges?

Trump.is a multi billionaire businesman,who prob stands to make millions off his doonbeg investment (and more power to him for that)....but why are my taxes being used to cover security costs for an unoffial trip/holiday for him??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

if its an unofficial visit why did leo meet him?.

Most powerful man in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Also the protesters would annoy him more by giving him zero attention. He clearly thrives on it

Well there's a lot of talk about the only way to starve who you think is narcissistic is to ignore them.

They feed off of negative and positive energy, it's actually like retuning an engine for more power and the more power and fuel you feed the engine the further and faster it goes.
    Keep on maintaining it and it'll last a long time...

But the protesters know nothing about npd or people in power.....

They don't care

Unless they're ignored then they deflate quite rapidly.....

Trying but failing, or in some cases not even trying. Do you think that wall will ever be built? And as for draining the swamp, that's a joke.

Sure God loves a tryer

To best of my knowlege the paddys day visit is offial...your comparing apples and oranges?
    Trump.is a multi billionaire businesman,who prob stands to make millions off his doonbeg investment (and more power to him for that)....but why are my taxes being used to cover security costs for an unoffial trip/holiday for him??

Every year they host us officially and you are that concerned about the status of a return visit?

Is Leo a buddy of his? A member of Doombeg golf club?
    You dont meet Leo if you are only here on holiday. That visit did not happen by chance
    It may not be a full blown state level visit but it is official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

If the lads are shooting each other in dublin arent going to be caught with all the corporation tax revenue we have 10million wont make a damn bit of difference.

Did Leo not invite him?

Advertisement