Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James McLean abuse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Your Face wrote: »
    Anti-Irish racism doesn't matter, it's not fashionable enough.

I don't think it's that. I think it's just that institutional racism against Irish people has lessened a hell of a lot.

That doesn't mean that the person who posted that letter isn't a fcuking neanderthal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Nothing between the ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Heard him on the radio today. For a lad who wants nothing more than peace and quiet, he spends an awful lot of time posting controversial content online. I feel sorry for him, if I'm honest. It'd be great if he could embrace life outside the republican bubble and open his mind and heart to other cultures, like so many people from Londonderry/Derry have before him. Wasn't even born during the troubles! You'd swear he lived through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Just goes to show how completely ignorant some Brits are when it comes to anything and everything Ireland, Northern Ireland in particular! I've been over there many times and loved it there, met some wonderful people too. But when it comes to Ireland/Northern Ireland, it's baffling :confused:

As others have said though, he doesn't exactly help with some of the poop he posts on Twitter and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

jaxxx wrote: »
    Just goes to show how completely ignorant some Brits are when it comes to anything and everything Ireland, Northern Ireland in particular! I've been over there many times and loved it there, met some wonderful people too. But when it comes to Ireland/Northern Ireland, it's baffling :confused:
    Nothing between the ears

McLean certainly, in singing the IRA songs on Remembrance Sunday, gives a bad impression of Ireland anyway. Nothing between the ears all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

janfebmar wrote: »
    McLean certainly, in singing the IRA songs on Remembrance Sunday, gives a bad impression of Ireland anyway. Nothing between the ears all right.

Ah but you're being unfair to the dust and cobwebs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

So he should. That shower only 'remember' what they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So he should. That shower only 'remember' what they want to.

What "shower" would that be?

Odhinn wrote: »
    What "shower" would that be?

The Brits. As if you didn't know who I meant. Remembrance Sunday is a complete sham, s history rewriting session.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Berserker wrote: »
    Heard him on the radio today. For a lad who wants nothing more than peace and quiet, he spends an awful lot of time posting controversial content online. I feel sorry for him, if I'm honest. It'd be great if he could embrace life outside the republican bubble and open his mind and heart to other cultures, like so many people from Daire/Derry have before him. Wasn't even born during the troubles! You'd swear he lived through them.

Fixed that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Fixed that for you.

Check again

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭boetstark

The Brits. As if you didn't know who I meant. Remembrance Sunday is a complete sham, s history rewriting session.

Couldn't be bothered even replying to that comment.
    You are the type of muppet that gives Ireland a bad reputation.

boetstark wrote: »
    Couldn't be bothered even replying to that comment.
    You are the type of muppet that gives Ireland a bad reputation.

They don't like to be questioned alright. Maybe I should toe the line and go along with their versions like a good little paddy.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed what exactly? I'm guessing that was your attempt at Londonderry/Derry in the Irish language?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I am a rangers fan and an Irishman. Been to ibrox and have a good few mates that are rangers fans. Never had any hassle.
    Just my view the Irishman that gets fans hate are the IRA supporting terrorism glorifying yobs.
    James mcclean is hated not just because of his stance on wearing a poppy
    He should be entitled to not wear it but it's the crap he posts on social media. Eg on remembrance Sunday posting on Instagram a video of himself and his wife driving singing along to IRA songs.
    Talentless moron.

He'd get into the Rangers XI every week. Without question.

He should be entitled to not wear it but it's the crap he posts on social media. Eg on remembrance Sunday posting on Instagram a video of himself and his wife driving singing along to IRA songs.
    He should be given a years ban from International football for doing that. I'd say the same if a Northern Irish footballer posted on Instagram a video of himself and his wife driving singing along to UVF songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

He should be given a years ban from International football for doing that.

Why...its only a song?

tuxy wrote: »
    Is it really racism or is it really ethnic discrimination?
    Irish is a nationality and ethnicity.
    It looks like the people giving him abuse are the same race.......

Everyone on social media seems to have come to the conclusion that it's racism.
    I have to admit I know so little about this, it could be a group of blacks or asians that have been giving him the worst abuse.

I don't know, but ethnic discrimination is usually a more accurate description of much so-called 'racism'. On the other hand, given that 'race' in its modern definition is a social construct from about the year 1774 according to the superb etymology online entry here, all the "Irish are not a race" arguments are blown out of the water when one views the enormous number of 19th-century British depictions of the Irish people as apes (and note the adorable racial hierarchies like this):

Google Images results for "Irish" "apes"

_blaaz wrote: »
    Why...its only a song?

If a member of the Saudi soccer team earned his living playing soccer in the USA, and then posted a video online of himself singing sectarian songs glorifying the people behind the 9/11 terror attacks, do you not think there would be an outcry and call for his resignation? What was the difference between the bombers of Enniskillen, Guildford, Le Mons, Belfast, Birmingham, Brighton etc etc and the people behind 9/11 except one of scale?

He should be given a years ban from International football for doing that. I'd say the same if a Northern Irish footballer posted on Instagram a video of himself and his wife driving singing along to UVF songs.

NI soccer has glorified loyalist paramilitaries for years. The whole setup lives and breathes off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,760 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sin City wrote: »
    If this was a black player the PM would be up in arms

Some low life sent him a birthday card with the below written on it

https://twitter.com/JamesMcC_14/status/1123559068273082368

https://twitter.com/JamesMcC_14/status/1123559068273082368/photo/1

The low life has a poor understanding of history if they think the Nazis would have sorted out the IRA. The IRA were collaborators with the Nazis.

If a member of the Saudi soccer team earned his living playing soccer in the USA, and then posted a video online of himself singing sectarian songs glorifying the people behind the 9/11 terror attacks, do you not think there would be an outcry and call for his resignation? What was the difference between the bombers of Enniskillen, Guildford, Le Mons, Belfast, Birmingham, Brighton etc etc and the people behind 9/11 except one of scale?

I think.if you have imagine up scenarios to justify your point....perhaps there is no substance to it??

You want to ban a lad for 12 months for singing a song :pac: ...are you for real like??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Fixed that for you.

You fixed it for him. To “Daire” . Awkward......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

NI soccer has glorified loyalist paramilitaries for years. The whole setup lives and breathes off it.

Are we talking having tournaments or naming grounds after terrorists or what? Or sorry that was the gaelic lads...

And the IFA etc have put a stop to that behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I am just waiting for Sam The Football to post in this thread.

Please Sam pleeeease ..do it for me!

For those who think it is ok for McLean to post videos of himself and his wife on the anniversary of the Enniskillen atrocity singing IRA songs, how would you feel if a Northern Irish soccer player publicised videos of himself glorifying UVF violence?

For those who think it is ok for McLean to post videos of himself and his wife on the anniversary of the Enniskillen atrocity singing IRA songs, how would you feel if a Northern Irish soccer player publicised videos of himself glorifying UVF violence?

Meh...im not the taught police....if someone wants to.do it...let them at it

Censorship of peoples culture never works

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

KungPao wrote: »
    Leprechauns, shamrocks, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmacked drives in this country, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings, lots of rocks, and Guinness.

Der's more to Oireland den dis.

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »
    Meh...im not the taught police....if someone wants to.do it...let them at it

While football fans face 10 year ban for sectarian chants, there should also be bans for soccor players who are guilty of such chants and sectarian songs themselves.

Advertisement