Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James McLean abuse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Nothing like a vague reference to football and racism to bring out the fanatics.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Nothing like a vague reference to football and racism to bring out the fanatics.....:rolleyes:

Are you calling someone - a professional footballer who some young people are supposed to look up to - who posts videos of himself singing IRA songs on the anniversary of the Enniskillen bombing a fanatic?

Is James McClean the most mispronounced Irish player of all time?.
    Always noticed in the game threads that huge amounts of posters think its McLean :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's only absolute cretins that get into all this republican song singing nonsense. The guy is a brutal footballer on top of this I hope he never plays for Ireland again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

janfebmar wrote: »
    Are you calling someone - a professional footballer who some young people are supposed to look up to - who posts videos of himself singing IRA songs on the anniversary of the Enniskillen bombing a fanatic?

Surely, you can see I'm referencing this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Nah mate....just people who want to ban singing strike me as fanatics anyway

_blaaz wrote: »
    Nah mate....just people who want to ban singing strike me as fanatics anyway

I'm not your mate. I have nothing against singing, it is when sectarian words are sung or chants glorifying paramilitaries that I and most people would think is crossing the line. Shirt sponsors for example would run a mile from such people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

I'm not your mate. I have nothing against singing,

Lolz your literally having a meltdown wanting to ban people and get mclean sacked for singing :pac:

Who are you trying to fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

You are a two faced hypocritical bastard. You don't like this country and we don't like you. It's about time these gutless English managers stood up to you and tell you to get back to ****house called Derry. So you are ****ing Irish international, any body can play for ****ing Ireland. They give caps out in cornflake packets and you have to drink that muck called Guinness that qualifys [sic] you.

"They should have put the Waffen SS in Ireland. They would have used scorched earth tactics not like British politicians licking IRA arses. The ****ing Irish will do anything for poxy Ireland, except live in that ****hole. The Irish are a race of inbred, subhuman parasites breed like maggots. Bloody Sunday. Blood good laugh. 13 nil to us. Ha ha ha ha. Should have been 13,000 of you sub human bastards."
    END QUOTE

Should be "THAT ****house called Derry"
    Should be either "stand up and tell you" or "stood up and told you"
    Also, "subhuman parasites BRED like maggots" would, I think, flow better

I've seen caps on milk bottles but yet to find one in a box of cornflakes, or any cereal for that matter!

Try sniffing some W.B. Yeats poetry for a few weeks, you might surprise yourself and subsequently find yourself inadvertently beginning to realise why he put particular words beside each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

If James could darken his skin over the Summer and turn up next season as a black man then he would shake things up .

He could identify as a black female lesbian transexual transvestite footballer also to shake things up .

Is he long enough in England to qualify for the Englands womens team now ?

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    If James could darken his skin over the Summer and turn up next season as a black man then he would shake things up .

He could identify as a black female lesbian transexual transvestite footballer also to shake things up .

Is he long enough in England to qualify for the Englands womens team now ?

Maybe he could move to a club in America and sing about the great 9/11 martyrs on the anniversary of 9/11?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Maybe he could move to a club in America and sing about the great 9/11 martyrs on the anniversary of 9/11?

There's no comparison.

What do you have against nationalists and republicans?

Odhinn wrote: »

What do you have against nationalists and republicans?

If a footballer was singing uvf chants or singing UVF sectarian songs, that would be equally wrong. I do not see any other footballer or role model doing that though?

There's no comparison.

What difference was there between Guildford, Enniskillen, Birmingham, Brighton, Manchester, LeMons, Belfast bloody Friday bombings etc and the 9/11 attacks except one of scale?

What difference was there between Guildford, Enniskillen, Birmingham, Brighton, Manchester, LeMons, Belfast bloody Friday bombings etc and the 9/11 attacks except one of scale?

A vast one, in both method and motivation. Again - what do you have against nationalists and republicans?

B
    A vast one, in both method and motivation.

What is the difference to civilians killed in a building that explodes because of a bomb placed inside it, or civilians killed in a building when an aeroplane full of aviation fuel deliberating crashes in to it and explodes? So the method of killing is not that different. And as for motivation- both types of attacks were carried out by unelected people without a government mandate who used violence in pursuit of political objectives.

What is the difference to civilians killed in a building that explodes because of a bomb placed inside it, or civilians killed in a building when an aeroplane full of aviation fuel deliberating crashing in to it and explodes? So the method of killing is not that different. And as for motivation- both types of attacks were carried out by unelected people without a government mandate who used violence in pursuit of political objectives.

Al Qaeda were a fanatical group driven by a religous ideology.

Why can't you explain what you have against nationalists and republicans, without this al qaeda nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

McClean does not really help himself either, he is like a magnet for this type of abuse.
    I often wonder why he bothers with social media at all?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Somewhere outside the Island of Britain might be Better for James to play .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Agreed MLS in America - nice weather, good pay. decent standard, no hassle.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Agreed MSL in America - nice weather, good pay. decent standard, no hassle.
    If I was him I would love to go there and a lot less aggro !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭trashcan

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I'm guessing this guy also says "Brexit means Brexit".

#takebackcontrol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

McClean does not really help himself either, he is like a magnet for this type of abuse.

Sure and he'd be paid well enough. If you want to be in the public eye, then take the rough with the smooth and the dosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

MSL would be ideal for him if he wants peace and quiet. However, the MSL has restrictions on the number of non-US based players they take and his political views might be an issue for him when it comes to getting a visa. Central Europe would be nice also but the pay wouldn't be as good.

Al Qaeda were a fanatical group driven by a religous ideology.

Actually the reason Bin Laden and Al Qaeda eventually gave for the 9/11 attacks was Americas support of Israel, the occupation of US troops in Saudi Arabia and trade sanctions against Iraq. So it was political motivation behind the 9/11 attacks, same as it was political motivation behind numerous bombings in these islands such as Brighton, Guildford, Dublin etc. That is being kind to the bombers - many would say the motivation behind the Enniskillen bombing for example, was sectarian, as was the Le Mobs hotel bombing, where the bombers left their own area and drove deep in to a protestant area to place a bomb against protestant civilians. And you say Al Queda were the fanatics driven by a religious ideology..they did not care what religion those in 9/11 were. Quite a few Muslims were actually killed then.

I do not think anyone should aim to upset others by releasi g videos singing songs glorifying the uvf, IRA, Al Queda or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭1641

A vast one.

One was carried out by "islamic" fascists to further there cause by terrorising a civilian population through murder and maiming - entirely without a mandate.

The other was carried out by Irish "republican" fascists to further their cause by terrorising a civilian population through murder and maiming - entirely without a mandate.

The similarity in terms of the murder and maiming of innocents is irrelevant.

Any so-called, or self-styled, "republican" has no difficulty seeing the difference.

His refusal to wear a poppy would mark him out regardless.

I think his club has ..err discouraged him from at least some of his social media activity now, after some other controversial remarks he made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

His refusal to wear a poppy would mark him out regardless.

Matic plays week in, week out for United and he doesn't wear one. Doesn't get booed etc by opposition fans.

• Advertisement

Berserker wrote: »
    Matic plays week in, week out for United and he doesn't wear one. Doesn't get booed etc by opposition fans.
    Not a white ni**er from the Occupied 6 Counties .

Advertisement