Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James McLean abuse

Options

Comments

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Personally I miss getting letters.

it was nice when things came through the letter box that weren't bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

James McClean is a hero. He's proud to be Irish and is not afraid to show it. Doesn't go down well with xenophobes in Britain and sadly, with self loathers in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

The media will still attack him come poppy time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Aegir wrote: »
    The difference is though Eddy, I don’t dislike Irish nationalism. Unfortunately, like nationalism everywhere, the often manifests itself into bigotry. That is what I despise.

Irish nationalism in the context of NI has been left wing. English nationalism like the Brexiteers is right wing. Know the difference.

klaaaz wrote: »
    Irish nationalism in the context of NI has been left wing. English nationalism like the Brexiteers is right wing. Know the difference.

irrelevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I don't need your permission to have an opinion. Yes I feel sorry for him nobody should suffer abuse, you see that especially with the constant abuse suffered by black players playing for italian teams and it's abhorrent.

yeah but funny that you went with your own negative opinion on James McClean first eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

lawred2 wrote: »
    yeah but funny that you went with your own negative opinion on James McClean first eh!

Ah you've got me now! Haha! The word order of a sentence, OF COURSE!

No I never agreed with the abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Your Face wrote: »
    Anti-Irish racism doesn't matter, it's not fashionable enough.

Anti-Irish racism is rampant on Rangers forums. Its no exaggeration from my brief glimpses of both that stormfront Britain is less anti Irish than RFC forums.

I used to think it was a stereotype not wanting those of Irish catholic backgrounds to play for them, but I was shocked to read how much there still is significant proportion of their fanbase holds such views.

One of their top posters on Rangers Media forums for example is a poster called K.A.I with 28k posts.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/profile/94653-kai/

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭boetstark

Anti-Irish racism is rampant on Rangers forums. Its no exaggeration from my brief glimpses of both that stormfront Britain is less anti Irish than RFC forums.

I used to think it was a stereotype not wanting those of Irish catholic backgrounds to play for them, but I was shocked to read how much there still is significant proportion of their fanbase holds such views.

One of their top posters on Rangers Media forums for example is a poster called K.A.I with 28k posts.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/profile/94653-kai/

I am a rangers fan and an Irishman. Been to ibrox and have a good few mates that are rangers fans. Never had any hassle.
    Just my view the Irishman that gets fans hate are the IRA supporting terrorism glorifying yobs.
    James mcclean is hated not just because of his stance on wearing a poppy
    He should be entitled to not wear it but it's the crap he posts on social media. Eg on remembrance Sunday posting on Instagram a video of himself and his wife driving singing along to IRA songs.
    Talentless moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

boetstark wrote: »
    I am a rangers fan and an Irishman. Been to ibrox and have a good few mates that are rangers fans. Never had any hassle.
    Just my view the Irishman that gets fans hate are the IRA supporting terrorism glorifying yobs.
    He should be entitled to not wear it but it's the crap he posts on social media. Eg on remembrance Sunday posting on Instagram a video of himself and his wife driving singing along to IRA songs.
    Talentless moron.

If you're not a nordie with a token passport then you should just hand it in and leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Eg on remembrance Sunday posting on Instagram a video of himself and his wife driving singing along to IRA songs.
    Talentless moron.

Tbf rangers fan sing about being up.to their neck in fenian blood and the famine song at likes of neil lennon and jeer all sorts around easter time

Their being very precious taking offence to a lad singing songs they disapprove of social media tbh

If you're not a nordie with a token passport then you should just hand it in and leave.

Born in Southern Ireland. Why should I hand in my passport?

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbf rangers fan sing about being up.to their neck in fenian blood and the famine song at likes of neil lennon and jeer all sorts around easter time

Their being very precious taking offence to a lad singing songs they disapprove of social media tbh

Look if you are a catholic I can see offense being taken with Billy boys song. But it is only a song being sung inside a football ground for 90 minutes. Also no issue with Celtic fans singing ira songs at matches. Forget about this nil by mouth malarky.
    Now if somebody is singing these songs walking down the street or driving along , that would suggest a real bigot in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is it really racism or is it really ethnic discrimination?
    Irish is a nationality and ethnicity.
    It looks like the people giving him abuse are the same race.......

Everyone on social media seems to have come to the conclusion that it's racism.
    I have to admit I know so little about this, it could be a group of blacks or asians that have been giving him the worst abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Look if you are a catholic I can see offense being taken with Billy boys song. But it is only a song being sung inside a football ground for 90 minutes. Also no issue with Celtic fans singing ira songs at matches. Forget about this nil by mouth malarky.
    Now if somebody is singing these songs walking down the street or driving along , that would suggest a real bigot in my opinion.

You think they dont sing them.walking down the street or in pubs??

Either your deaf or you dont attend as many matches as you like to.imply

Ive no bother with anyone singing anything offensive what they want....but getting precious when someone sings something they dont approve of...lose their sh1t lolz

Edit:werent they caught singing the we hate roman catholics chant recently enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Talentless moron.

Pîss off mate.
    Playing the innocent blue nose. We know exactly what you lot sing about us. So don’t play victim. Perhaps if your precious Brit club weren’t part of a nation that overthrows countries and slaughtered millions then we would feel some pity for you. But we don’t. Ira responsible for possibly 1000 deaths? That was a slow week for brits in Ireland in the past!

Born in Southern Ireland. Why should I hand in my passport?

Because you shouldn't be supporting such an Irish hating club being from Munster, or anywhere in Ireland for that matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Because you shouldn't be supporting such an Irish hating club being from Munster, or anywhere in Ireland for that matter.
    I don't know anyone who calls here "Southern Ireland" that is actually Irish. Is Donegal "Southern Ireland". His posts look like that of an other loyalist/orange bigot.

He's already outed himself as one of those being a Rangers fan. Can't have one without the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

tuxy wrote: »
    Is it really racism or is it really ethnic discrimination?
    Irish is a nationality and ethnicity.
    It looks like the people giving him abuse are the same race.......

Everyone on social media seems to have come to the conclusion that it's racism.
    I have to admit I know so little about this, it could be a group of blacks or asians that have been giving him the worst abuse.

You talk about race yet in same sentence you said group of blacks or Asian?
    Black is race. Asian is not. Asians come in all colours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pîss off mate.
    Playing the innocent blue nose. We know exactly what you lot sing about us. So don’t play victim. Perhaps if your precious Brit club weren’t part of a nation that overthrows countries and slaughtered millions then we would feel some pity for you. But we don’t. Ira responsible for possibly 1000 deaths? That was a slow week for brits in Ireland in the past!

Scotland?

Scotland?

Britain. There is no Scotland, they winced on that a few years ago.

You talk about race yet in same sentence you said group of blacks or Asian?
    Black is race. Asian is not. Asians come in all colours.

Yes that's why I'm asking. I think all the different Asian races are a different race to McClean. Are they the main problem?
    Since clearly caucasians are not giving him racial abuse but may be responsible for ethnic abuse.
    Who is responsible for the racial abuse he is getting?

_blaaz wrote: »
    You think they dont sing them.walking down the street or in pubs??

Either your deaf or you dont attend as many matches as you like to.imply

Ive no bother with anyone singing anything offensive what they want....but getting precious when someone sings something they dont approve of...lose their sh1t lolz

Edit:werent they caught singing the we hate roman catholics chant recently enough

Never said I have been in ibrox loads. I have heard sectarian songs in Louden tavern . I do t have a problem with this as I have joined in with same.
    I really dont believe that folk really believe on what they sing at football matches. If I were caught singing Billy boys walking down the street I should be arrested as it is in that context incitement to hatred

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Sin City wrote: »
    If this was a black player the PM would be up in arms

Some low life sent him a birthday card with the below written on it

https://twitter.com/JamesMcC_14/status/1123559068273082368

https://twitter.com/JamesMcC_14/status/1123559068273082368/photo/1

Best reply would be posting a Twitter post with his piles of money, and big grin

I don't know anyone who calls here "Southern Ireland" that is actually Irish. Is Donegal "Southern Ireland". His posts look like that of an other loyalist/orange bigot.

What about a 2nd generation Irishman playing for an "Irish hating " club. Away for f#ck sake. Not happy unless feeling offended by somebody.

I find it difficult to be critical of people getting the name of the state wrong when so many who live here incorrectly call it the Republic of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

tuxy wrote: »
    I find it difficult to be critical of people getting the name of the state wrong when so many who live here incorrectly call it the Republic of Ireland.

Very very few people living in Ireland actually refer to the country as the Republic of Ireland.

That term only gets used in the media sometimes when the soccer team are playing because stupidly it's still the official name of the team.

Very very few people living in Ireland actually refer to the country as the Republic of Ireland.

That term only gets used when the soccer team are playing because stupidly it's still the official name of the team.

I hear it all the time outside the context of any sport.
    For soccer it's fine since it is as you say the official name of our team.
    Perhaps you keep better company :)
    I've mentioned before about the republic of Ireland act causing all kinds of confusion but this is the wrong thread for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Talentless moron.

He probably is not even aware the IRA murdered Gardai here in this state.

Advertisement