Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Probably because most of those Junes were pretty rubbish. Junes 1987, 1990 and 1991 were dire. I think 1987 and or 1990 were among the dullest Junes on record along with 1955.

Syren did you put out a summer forecast? I remember you mentioning it was coming but haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Syren did you put out a summer forecast? I remember you mentioning it was coming but haven't seen it.

Yeah, it's here with a new Summer 2019 thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057984218

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah, it's here with a new Summer 2019 thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057984218

I hope that you're right kiddo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

great grass growing weather

lawred2 wrote: »
    I hope that you're right kiddo

Roll on a good August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Roll on a good August.

have we ever had a good august? always seems to be crap in Ireland

have we ever had a good august? always seems to be crap in Ireland

August 1947, 1976 and 1995 are some of Ireland’s best ever summer months. August 1995 broke all kinds of records that still hold to this day. It is the main reason why people reminisce about Summer 1995 so heavily though end of June was spectacular and July was hot too.

We’ve been paying for the mostly decent Augusts up to 2003 since with so many mediocre and crap ones. The only one that I really like was 2010 which was very sunny and dry but it was cool which didn’t bother me too much once it was sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

deluging and windy out here still; did hear the birds sing a while ago before the rainsong drowned the sound out west mayo offshore bath;

Xenji wrote: »
    Up to 23mm of rain now in Castlebar, we should easily break 50mm between today and yesterday by midnight, it has basically been non stop.

same out here Xenji. Same now too..

Gonzo wrote: »
    Most English don't know the meaning of a bad summer. They have it real good most year's compared to us, not saying they have great summers every year, but they do get much more sunnier, warmer days than we do. They have a classic saying 'Three Hot Days and a Thunderstorm', we rarely get hot days and we don't get thunderstorms, except maybe once every 35 years.

The north-west of England and most of Scotland is more like us tho.

that is not true, a case of "the grass is greener." I was Uk until recently and just as bad there. well just as bad apart from the island micro climate out here. I never heard that saying in 60 years...

Vivid memories of summer caravan holidays with non stop deluges streaming down the windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Third bleak and miserable day in a row in Galway city, with plenty more rain to come looking at the radar. Not exactly bouyed with optimism by MT’s forecast this morning either:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Miserable morning Meath.
    ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Miserable in Tralee. My patio flowers,which had been blooming in the sunshine,starting to look very sorry for themselves. :(

Just waded to the gate through deepening puddles.. No sign of letting up, afaik the ferry has gone but I do not envy them. Well, if my supplies get here fine, if not fine also.

Wild out there.. but look at met.ie
    https://met.ie

The rainfall radar map shows the rain belt is thinning... set to ease later today

acequion wrote: »
    Miserable in Tralee. My patio flowers,which had been blooming in the sunshine,starting to look very sorry for themselves. :(

There is time for them to renew and they all needed a drink..;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mild and cloudy, still damp from the rain of the past few days. 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Another wet and humid day in Castlebar, 25mm of rain already, bringing it up to 74mm of rain since Wednesday.

eased for a few minutes then came back but wind is less... west mayo sodden offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry Meath. Very humid this morning. A lot fresher now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Glorious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

warm but overcast and dark in Cork City today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain most of the day. Leitrim

Finally settling here after two days,, west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The sun is finally out again in Castlebar after what feels like 64 hours of continuous rain which amounted to 78mm, although much needed after a very dry May up till this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Feels like a week of constant wind and rain in East Galway. My poor sunflowers have been battered, just 2 left out of 6, the wind and driving rain has destroyed all of them. Two months of work gone :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Feels like a week of constant wind and rain in East Galway. My poor sunflowers have been battered, just 2 left out of 6, the wind and driving rain has destroyed all of them. Two months of work gone :-(

I hear you. Not much rain here in Dublin, but the wind is destroying my sunflower. Foxgloves not to happy either.

OH MY!

The sun just came out!

west mayo offshore

Zapperzy wrote: »

early for sunflowers? ah well.. you have two left...enjoy THEM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

lawred2 wrote: »
    Glorious

Where are you? Madrid?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just arrived in Madrid. Glorious 25c but it feels much hotter

Advertisement