Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your gardening photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

dar_cool wrote: »
    Cut down a nuisance tree. Here are the during and after pictures. Needless to say I'll have firewood for years to come ðŸ˜

close landing:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Looks alot closer in the pictures. Was about 20/30 yards away from the house

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

dar_cool wrote: »
    Looks alot closer in the pictures. Was about 20/30 yards away from the house

yer grass needs cutting!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭rje66

My fish pond.
    Blanket weed is annoying 🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Couple pics with nice weather. Looking forward to more colour as summer follows :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭blackbox

I cleared out my overgrown water lilies from my pond today.

vid20.jpg

They are large varieties with red or pink flowers - not suitable for a small pond. Varieties "Attraction", "Charles de Meurville", "Escarboucle" & "Conqueror," but no idea which is which. You can see a picture of the pink ones in this thread dated 6th June 2018. I can also spare some irises.

If anyone would like some (collection only) they should PM me ASAP before they dry out and die. I am in Co. Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

The garden after a bit of a tidy up. Even the dog wanted to get in on the action!

46941486524_8de177a2c2_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

You lucky guys with a big decent garden size... just needs imagination and a blank cheque !

rolion wrote: »
    You lucky guys with a big decent garden size... just needs imagination and a blank cheque !

...and a lot of time and labour. Sometimes patience can be a substitute for a chequebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dickidy

I'm getting a green pond again so thats the next job on the list

• Advertisement

blackbox wrote: »
    I cleared out my overgrown water lilies from my pond today.

They are large varieties with red or pink flowers - not suitable for a small pond. Varieties "Attraction", "Charles de Meurville", "Escarboucle" & "Conqueror," but no idea which is which. You can see a picture of the pink ones in this thread dated 6th June 2018. I can also spare some irises.

If anyone would like some (collection only) they should PM me ASAP before they dry out and die. I am in Co. Wicklow.

I wasn't expecting them to be eaten!

478718.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Oak before the Ash - in for a splash
    Ash before Oak - in for a soak
    My 21 year old bonzied stone oak is in leaf and none of the surounding ash are. We're in for a good Summer folks - enjoy.
    20190429_080510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Storm Hannah wasn't kind to it? ;)

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Storm Hannah wasn't kind to it? ;)

The brown leaves are last years.
    The storm has burnt some leaves on my beech tree though.
    20190429_083702.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭staples7

wayoutwest wrote: »
    The brown leaves are last years.
    The storm has burnt some leaves on my beech tree though.
    20190429_083702.jpg

Ive seen similar on my trees after last weeks wind, will the leaves recover?

staples7 wrote: »
    Ive seen similar on my trees after last weeks wind, will the leaves recover?[/QUOTEe]
    Not sure Sraples - i would say that the burnt leaves are gonners for this year.....but the tree will cope with it ok. I remember end of May 2011 (Obama was visiting and there was a terrible cold wind ) - loads of trees in full bloom were badly scorched - it looked like Autumn had come early.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

After 10 years of living with a jungle at the back of the house, 4 x14 hour back breaking days got me to here. The grass better grow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Carb wrote: »
    After 10 years of living with a jungle at the back of the house, 4 x14 hour back breaking days got me to here. The grass better grow now.

nice job
    dont forget pic in a couple of weeks when it starts to grow and a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Shaunoc wrote: »
    nice job

...and a few years....when you have to clear it out all again! :eek:

Shaunoc wrote: »
    nice job

Thanks. Will do. I'll be watching it like a hawk over the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

chewed wrote: »
    ...and a few years....when you have to clear it out all again! :eek:

No chance. If it goes wild again I'm buying goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭bloopy

Wildlife and pollinator garden I've been building over an old lawn starting to come into flower. Got sick of mowing all the time.

29lfblw.png

2v0hfo1.png

vqtqpw.png

Bees!

15nr9e8.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looks fabulous!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Have you a 'before' pic of the lawn?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

@Bloopy - how many years since the lawn was there? I'm just started my planned wild garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭bloopy

lordgoat wrote: »
    @Bloopy - how many years since the lawn was there? I'm just started my planned wild garden!

The wild garden was started in the spring of 2017.
    All plants are selected to encourage specific pollinators and predatory insects.
    This year I have reduced mowing even further by letting previously mown areas to develop as mini habitat corridors around the garden.
    Areas which get a mowing are mown tight to highlight the wildness in contrast to the lawn paths.
    Prevents the garden from looking like it is just an abandoned mess.

I have no pictures of the lawn area before it became the wild garden but I might be able to find older photos of the area from when we first moved in. If I can find them, I will stick them up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

After four years my apricot tree finally has its first apricots!

481562.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redrubies

Our beautiful Ceonothus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Redrubies wrote: »
    Our beautiful Ceonothus!

Somebody gave the BLUE a helping hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

Redrubies wrote: »
    Our beautiful Ceonothus!

Wow. What variety is that? Looks amazing