Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Calltocall wrote: »
    I think Fontaines DC are a class act, I’m at the latter end of my music playing career but they are the first act in a long time here that have grabbed my attention, the sort of band that would inspire kids to pick up a guitar and form a band not the god awful drivel that has dominated the scene here for quite sone time, Gavin James, Picture this etc.

Even if you are not necessarily into their music it has to be seen as a huge positive that a band that write well thought out songs,write clever insightful lyrics not throwaway, display very credible musicianship harking back to the great bands of old and who are deeply into their craft do well and get hype rather than the washed down throwaway drivel that has become the standard here, it can only be a good thing. I for one salute them and hope they become huge and knock some of the generic muc off the charts

100%, seen them very early in their careers and I could tell then they were different . The album is good and live they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You don't like 'em?

No they're alright. Enjoyed the album but as you say, the hype is bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The murder capital could be better, high hopes. Their live show us class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Which one was Stevie who left Little Green Cars? The guy who sang was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

budgemook wrote: »
    Which one was Stevie who left Little Green Cars? The guy who sang was it?
    Yep.. won't miss him stalling any momentum in a gig with a self-indulgent poem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Basq wrote: »
    Yep.. won't miss him stalling any momentum in a gig with a self-indulgent poem.

Haha, I only saw them once, in Vicar Street, and thought he was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seen them probably 4 or 5 times.. great live band, but I didn't like his poems (sorry Stevie, but there's a time and place for that sort of thing)..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

sweetie wrote: »
    The murder capital could be better, high hopes. Their live show us class.

I agree. I've seen both Fontaines and The Murder Capital and there's no comparison: The Murder Capital are crushing, their live sound is pulversing. Hopefully that can be translated to record. Fontaines didn't hold a candle to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Well so much for ATN's 'Irish festival exclusive ' when they announced Fontaines. Let's be done with the pretence and just announce them for EP too. You know you want to.

Guess it was true at the time, kinda different when it's due to artist cancelation and they had to get someone who could play at short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

David Blaine moved from the three to the board gais energy theatre due to "technical" issues. I reckon he hardly sold any tickets very poor organising to have it on the day lf Slane and the Cure

• Advertisement

David Blaine must have sold under 2000 tickets for the show in the three to have it moved to the board gais that's embarassing for him to say the least but surely ticket prices should be changed since the venue is way smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Isn't he under investigation also after abuse allegations? Probably didn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Duffy98 wrote: »
    David Blaine moved from the three to the board gais energy theatre due to "technical" issues. I reckon he hardly sold any tickets very poor organising to have it on the day lf Slane and the Cure

Its ridiculous to move it at such short notice and blatantly lie about it being due to technical reasons.
    The whole tour was terribly organised at short notice .
    It should have been announced at least 12 months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

David Blaine must have sold under 2000 tickets for the show in the three to have it moved to the board gais that's embarassing for him to say the least but surely ticket prices should be changed since the venue is way smaller

He's about ten years past his relevancy.

He needed some big show or something to sell this tour as otherwise I'm sure most people under 25 have no notion of who he is and those over just don't care.

When I saw the 3Arena I balked at it. And during that period of the year with so many huge gigs around it was madness.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Jethro Tull play Cork Opera House and NCH on 25th & 26th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Also, new Irish band Soda Blonde (aka Little Green Cars minus Stevie) played their first gig earlier tonight in Hogan's on George's Street.

https://twitter.com/GoldenPlec/status/1129138046371270659

First single out early next month.

Soda Blonde in Grand Social on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Garbage playing the iveagh gardens in July

Looking forward to this massively, hotel booked, annual leave sorted.

Now just the matter of several weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Weyes Blood is playing The Button Factory on the 26th October 2019. New album has me hooked can't stop listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Other Voices Belfast announced this morning
    Snow Patrol, The Academic, Ryan Veil and some others that I cant remember
    Weekend of 14th- 16th June
    Have to win tickets they cant be bought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Individual tickets for NCH gigs on sale now.
    Damon Albarn, Swordfishtrombones, Pantha du Prince among them.

https://www.nch.ie/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=NCH-Programme-19-20&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Jonas Brothers announced for 3 Arena in Jan

Jim Jeffries coming to 3arena 7th December

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Opeth on 1st November in Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

might be posted already

Bulmers Live at Leopardstown 2019

June 6 - HamsandwicH

June 13 - Coolio

June 20 - The Blizzards

July 11 - The Stunning

July 18 - Bulmers Carnival Night

July 25 - Something Happens

August 8 - Bay City Rollers

August 15 - All Saints

https://www.leopardstown.com/race-meetings/calendar/bulmers-live-at-leopardstown/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jim Jeffries coming to 3arena 7th December

Saw him there last time and he wasn't a patch on the previous show in vicar St, i concluded the 3 arena is far too big for someone on a mediocre night... I'll probably still go though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Seen them probably 4 or 5 times.. great live band, but I didn't like his poems (sorry Stevie, but there's a time and place for that sort of thing)..

Yeah The 60's

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

61764689_10157483709494548_9187388684884770816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=642973cf972de01f6b79e31438681dc7&oe=5D982CAD

• Registered Users Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Primal Scream in the Olympia on Dec 9th, Ulster Hall on Dec 10th.

Anybody think the Olympia will sell out quickly? Wont be able to get tickets tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Jonas Brothers announced for 3 Arena in Jan

Sold out sort of surprisingly quickly.

Advertisement