Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Usually around about now alright but could be waiting til after the National's album launch on Friday so hopefully over next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Eod100 wrote: »
    Usually around about now alright but could be waiting til after the National's album launch on Friday so hopefully over next few weeks!

I'm hoping it's Bon Iver again - they just announced US dates, starting from 31.08, so there's still room after their already announced EU shows.

Ben Done wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's Bon Iver again - they just announced US dates, starting from 31.08, so there's still room after their already announced EU shows.

Well both played last time so here's hoping! Then Big Red Machine could be on the cards too. But I won't get too greedy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Apt timing..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah pretty disappointed by that - all 3 are the Cork Opera House gigs is that right? Or can I hold out hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah pretty disappointed by that - all 3 are the Cork Opera House gigs is that right? Or can I hold out hope

Those three are all scheduled for Cork Opera House at 10pm - might leave scope for an earlier or later show? I remember the first year, Wild Beasts played at around midnight and they typically do multiple shows during the Jazz Festival, etc so it there could be more added?

The fact that these are the 10pm slots would suggest they're the "headline" shows though, I would guess.

Ah wee bit disappointed but can't expect National and Bon Iver to play Cork every 2 years. Surprised ATN didn't make more of Nationals only performance in Ireland this year if it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ah wee bit disappointed but can't expect National and Bon Iver to play Cork every 2 years. Surprised ATN didn't make more of Nationals only performance in Ireland this year if it is!

I'd put good money on them playing the 3Arena or the Olympia in December but it not being announced until after All Together Now. They play here a lot (not that I'm complaining!) so it would be very unusual by their standards to not add in a headline non-festival Irish show on the back of a new album.

They have a festival run in Europe over the summer and they are back over this way for a string of dates starting in Poland on November 25. Includes Germany, Switzerland and, last week, they announced four UK dates for December 7-10. I'd be absolutely stunned if they don't finish the European tour in Ireland after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Volbeat/Baroness/Danko Jones - Oct 3rd Ulster Hall Belfast.

There may be a Dublin date but won't be announced officially until 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,919 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Volbeat/Baroness/Danko Jones - Oct 3rd Ulster Hall Belfast.

There may be a Dublin date but won't be announced officially until 4.

Please be a Dublin date

Really want too see Volbeat Live dont care about the rest of the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Please be a Dublin date

Really want too see Volbeat Live dont care about the rest of the lineup

Ha I would prefer a Baroness headline show tbh, they've never played here. Don't mind Volbeat seen them a bunch of times can take or leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Baroness finally come to Ireland, but as direct support to Volbeat. Hopefully they'll get their own headline show here at some point while they're still touring Gold & Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,919 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yesss

Volbeat/Baroness and Danko Jones Olympia Dublin Fri 4th Oct

tickets on sale 24th May

I'd put good money on them playing the 3Arena or the Olympia in December but it not being announced until after All Together Now. They play here a lot (not that I'm complaining!) so it would be very unusual by their standards to not add in a headline non-festival Irish show on the back of a new album.

They have a festival run in Europe over the summer and they are back over this way for a string of dates starting in Poland on November 25. Includes Germany, Switzerland and, last week, they announced four UK dates for December 7-10. I'd be absolutely stunned if they don't finish the European tour in Ireland after that.

Yeah maybe. Already seeing them at ATN so wouldn't be too pushed if it's 3 Arena tbh. Don't think it's a great venue and prices aren't usually great for gigs there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yeah maybe. Already seeing them at ATN so wouldn't be too pushed if it's 3 Arena tbh. Don't think it's a great venue and prices aren't usually great for gigs there
    nowhere else for them really though, way too big for the Olympia, and the UK gigs are arenas. as I said in another post, their last UK gig is 10th December, and there's nothing on the 3Arena website booked for the 12th...

nowhere else for them really though, way too big for the Olympia, and the UK gigs are arenas. as I said in another post, their last UK gig is 10th December, and there's nothing on the 3Arena website booked for the 12th...

Ah yeah I get that, more that was made the Opera House and Vicar Street gigs a bit different!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Girl Band are coming off hiatus and playing gigs with Fontaines DC this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Girl Band are coming off hiatus and playing gigs with Fontaines DC this year.

What?? Where's that coming from?

Also, new Irish band Soda Blonde (aka Little Green Cars minus Stevie) played their first gig earlier tonight in Hogan's on George's Street.

https://twitter.com/GoldenPlec/status/1129138046371270659

First single out early next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fontaines have been added to Forbidden Fruit.
    First aid kit cancelled

sweetie wrote: »
    Fontaines have been added to Forbidden Fruit.
    First aid kit cancelled

Well so much for ATN's 'Irish festival exclusive ' when they announced Fontaines. Let's be done with the pretence and just announce them for EP too. You know you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is there a more overrated thing on earth than Fontaines DC? The Murder Capital?

The Nal wrote: »
    Is there a more overrated thing on earth than Fontaines DC? The Murder Capital?

You don't like 'em? I agree the hype is mental but still great to see a couple of class guitar bands emerging from the Irish scene. Loads of good Irish bands out there at the moment. No harm to see the spotlight shine on a couple of them. Rather them than Gavin James.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You don't like 'em? I agree the hype is mental but still great to see a couple of class guitar bands emerging from the Irish scene. Loads of good Irish bands out there at the moment. No harm to see the spotlight shine on a couple of them. Rather them than Gavin James.

There’s been plenty of good irish stuff around the past couple of years to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Stillill42 wrote: »

I think Fontaines DC are a class act, I’m at the latter end of my music playing career but they are the first act in a long time here that have grabbed my attention, the sort of band that would inspire kids to pick up a guitar and form a band not the god awful drivel that has dominated the scene here for quite sone time, Gavin James, Picture this, Kodaline, Walking on Cars etc.

Even if you are not necessarily into their music it has to be seen as a huge positive that a band that write well thought out songs,write clever insightful lyrics not throwaway, display very credible musicianship harking back to the great bands of old and who are deeply into their craft do well and get hype rather than the watered down throwaway drivel that has become the standard here, it can only be a good thing. I for one salute them and hope they become huge and knock some of the generic muc off the charts

Advertisement