Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Larry picks up the phone.

"Hey Lysander. All of...my crowd for lack of a better word...felt that. You met him I take it. That makes me nervous. Nice to have you back though"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Larry picks up the phone.

"Hey Lysander. All of...my crowd for lack of a better word...felt that. You met him I take it. That makes me nervous. Nice to have you back though"

'Yeah, don't worry - I didn't rat you out... Again. Listen, how quick can you get to LA? I've got a high risk job, could do with someone of your... talents.

It also helps you look like me, truth be told.'

"How fast? Well the faster I move the more likely an angel is to notice me. Absolute quickest is five seconds to be right where you are. Slowest I use none of my power, it'll be two days"

OOC: Depending on how quick you want I'll roll to see if angels detect him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"How fast? Well the faster I move the more likely an angel is to notice me. Absolute quickest is five seconds to be right where you are. Slowest I use none of my power, it'll be two days"

OOC: Depending on how quick you want I'll roll to see if angels detect him

'Ugh... I kinda need you tonight Larry. You up for taking the risk?'

"Tonight...okay no problem. Here goes"

Lysander feels the room around him lurch slightly. Some people rearrange in the room a bit from where they were and he feels new memories flood in. A sewerage worker had been caught on the outskirts of the tunnel complex they were in, but the neonates on guard felt uneasy about feeding from him. They were coming up the tunnel now.

"Here he is Prince, caught him twenty minutes ago. He looks like Primogen Karpov"

Jacqueline laughs at the man's approach.

"One of yours Lysander?"

"Hey Lysander..." Larry says smiling, pushing the neonate off him "...got here last week, took an hour to drive here to the airport. Traffic was a killer"

• Advertisement

"Tonight...okay no problem. Here goes"

Lysander feels the room around him lurch slightly. Some people rearrange in the room a bit from where they were and he feels new memories flood in. A sewerage worker had been caught on the outskirts of the tunnel complex they were in, but the neonates on guard felt uneasy about feeding from him. They were coming up the tunnel now.

"Here he is Prince, caught him twenty minutes ago. He looks like Primogen Karpov"

Jacqueline laughs at the man's approach.

"One of yours Lysander?"

"Hey Lysander..." Larry says smiling, pushing the neonate off him "...got here last week, took an hour to drive here to the airport. Traffic was a killer"

Lysander extends his hand.

'Larry, long time no see. Remind me to dress you like me next time, it's the closest thing I'll ever get to my reflection... quite remarkable.'

He turns to Jacqueline.

'Ok my Prince, that's the rock band back together. Tonight...'

He winks.

'Is time for the Sabbat's final call in LA. Let us go deal with them.'

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander extends his hand.

'Larry, long time no see. Remind me to dress you like me next time, it's the closest thing I'll ever get to my reflection... quite remarkable.'

He turns to Jacqueline.

'Ok my Prince, that's the rock band back together. Tonight...'

He winks.

'Is time for the Sabbat's final call in LA. Let us go deal with them.'
    Jacqueline presses on down the tunnel, with Lysander and Larry following. Eventually they reach a junction where Clarissa joins them with Dracula on her shoulder in bat form.

They reach a ladder leading out of the sewer and up to the streets above. Jacqueline turns.

"Okay we have to get through Santa Monica to reach the wolves. How will we do this? By cab? Walking? Some magic Lasombra ability?" she says smiling at Lysander.

Jacqueline presses on down the tunnel, with Lysander and Larry following. Eventually they reach a junction where Clarissa joins them with Dracula on her shoulder in bat form.

They reach a ladder leading out of the sewer and up to the streets above. Jacqueline turns.

"Okay we have to get through Santa Monica to reach the wolves. How will we do this? By cab? Walking? Some magic Lasombra ability?" she says smiling at Lysander.

'Magic Lasombra....'

He looks at Jacqueline.

'Are you testing me again my Prince?'

He turns to the others.

'Clarissa or Larry, anything you can do to get us through Santa Monica quickly, or should I just call a cab?'

'Magic Lasombra....'

He looks at Jacqueline.

'Are you testing me again my Prince?'

He turns to the others.

'Clarissa or Larry, anything you can do to get us through Santa Monica quickly, or should I just call a cab?'
    "There is my real form" Larry suggests with a smirk. "It can move pretty fast. If not I do have the ability to freeze time for a bit"

The others turn to look at him. Jacqueline has a confused look on her face.

"Lysander, who is this guy?"

Clarissa offers a suggestion.

"I can suppress us, make it hard to sense our Vitae"

"There is my real form" Larry suggests with a smirk. "It can move pretty fast. If not I do have the ability to freeze time for a bit"

The others turn to look at him. Jacqueline has a confused look on her face.

"Lysander, who is this guy?"

Clarissa offers a suggestion.

"I can suppress us, make it hard to sense our Vitae"

Lysander shrugs at Jacqueline.

'That... is a story for another day. One I'm sure you'll have me explain.'

He looks at both of them.

'Suppress us whilst travelling Clarissa. If we get noticed, Larry can do his time freeze and we'll push through. That sound ok with everyone?'

• Advertisement

They nod. Clarissa places her hand on everybody in turn. Lysander immediately has a harder time sensing the Vitae of those near him.

"It might be a bit harder to use you powers..." Clarissa says nervously "...I haven't tested it much"

Jacqueline seems to be indifferent to this. She climbs up, opens the sewer lid and gestures for everybody to exit. Lysander can see the taxi rank.

They nod. Clarissa places her hand on everybody in turn. Lysander immediately has a harder time sensing the Vitae of those near him.

"It might be a bit harder to use you powers..." Clarissa says nervously "...I haven't tested it much"

Jacqueline seems to be indifferent to this. She climbs up, opens the sewer lid and gestures for everybody to exit. Lysander can see the taxi rank.

'I'm certain it will wear off in time for the showdown.'

Lysander exits the sewer and makes for the taxi rank.

'My Prince, the address? I should sit in the front... the flaw makes people - let's say edgy, and I would prefer not to use any powers.'

'I'm certain it will wear off in time for the showdown.'

Lysander exits the sewer and makes for the taxi rank.

'My Prince, the address? I should sit in the front... the flaw makes people - let's say edgy, and I would prefer not to use any powers.'
    Jacqueline nods.

"I'll deal with it"

She leans into the taxi driver and the exact address at the bottom of Topanga park. Her accent is different when she does this, Lysander can tell it's African but little else.

Everybody climbs in. Dracula is still in bat form, but the driver doesn't seem to notice him and off the taxi goes.

About halfway through Santa Monica Lysander senses another Lasombra in the area.

'Larry... if I yell then you know what to do, right?'

Lysander tries to pinpoint how close the other Lasombra is.

'Larry... if I yell then you know what to do, right?'

Lysander tries to pinpoint how close the other Lasombra is.
    "No worries Lysander"

Lysander reaches down into his Vitae where the memories of his clan lie. Where he can feel the minds of other Lasombra.

Clever. There's a police blockade about half a mile ahead, he's masquerading as one of the cops.

"Cops stopping me up ahead guys, still counts toward the fee sorry. Read the fee leaflet in the back there it says it loud and clear..." the cabbie drones on about rates and unions.

"No worries Lysander"

Lysander reaches down into his Vitae where the memories of his clan lie. Where he can feel the minds of other Lasombra.

Clever. There's a police blockade about half a mile ahead, he's masquerading as one of the cops.

"Cops stopping me up ahead guys, still counts toward the fee sorry. Read the fee leaflet in the back there it says it loud and clear..." the cabbie drones on about rates and unions.

Lysander flips out his phone again.

'Jeff Irons, it has been a while. Bella sends her love....

Last favour, I promise.

Police checkpoint in Santa Monica - move them four blocks south. I need it done - now.'

Jeff pauses on the other end.

"You...I thought...never mind. I'll do it. Right away. I was told to send an alert if you contacted me. Others of your kind told me. Said if I didn't I'd come to a terrible fate"

Lysander is stronger now. He senses there is a Lasombra curse on Irons.

Jeff pauses on the other end.

"You...I thought...never mind. I'll do it. Right away. I was told to send an alert if you contacted me. Others of your kind told me. Said if I didn't I'd come to a terrible fate"

Lysander is stronger now. He senses there is a Lasombra curse on Irons.

'Your fate will be much worse if you send it. Remember whose ear I have. When they leave, which will be tonight - she will be in control again.

We will speak one more time Jeff, and then meet face to face and your dealings with our kind will be over.'

'Your fate will be much worse if you send it. Remember whose ear I have. When they leave, which will be tonight - she will be in control again.

We will speak one more time Jeff, and then meet face to face and your dealings with our kind will be over.'
    "Okay...I'm trusting you on this..."

He hangs up. Lysander sees the blockade clear up ahead. Jacqueline turns around in the cab with a smirk.

"Nice work"

The cabbie drops them off at Topanga park about twenty minutes later. Specifically at Getty Villa, an old tycoon's residence that's now a tourist attraction.

"The wolves said they'd meet us here. We'll just wait. They probably already know we're here"

BwQJzb.jpg

Dracula assumes human form again.

"Anything you want me to do in particular on this mission of ours Karpov? I can control the elements like all ancient Tzimisce if there is any use you have for that"

"Okay...I'm trusting you on this..."

He hangs up. Lysander sees the blockade clear up ahead. Jacqueline turns around in the cab with a smirk.

"Nice work"

The cabbie drops them off at Topanga park about twenty minutes later. Specifically at Getty Villa, an old tycoon's residence that's now a tourist attraction.

"The wolves said they'd meet us here. We'll just wait. They probably already know we're here"

'They'll probably be happy to see me like the last time... I did hand them their request gift wrapped... it seems so long ago now.'

Lysander turns to Clarissa.

'You can remove the suppression now if you like my dear... just in case.'

He then turns to Count Mi... Dracula.

Dracula assumes human form again.

"Anything you want me to do in particular on this mission of ours Karpov? I can control the elements like all ancient Tzimisce if there is any use you have for that"

'Do what is necessary my friend. A big old lightening storm on their patrolling forces might keep them distracted along with Jacqueline's plans.

Other than that... well.. these lunatics will flay you alive, or worse. Be ready for a war.'

• Advertisement

Dracula grimaces.

"When most of my clan joined the Sabbat, the ones who refused like me retreated to our castles. The others who joined the Sabbat warped our ability to change the elements into a way to warp flesh and bone. It disgusts me. I know what they can do. If I'm lucky I'll be flayed. Don't worry I'll be ready"

The group hears the trees on the horizon sway and bend. With incredible speed twelve wolves burst into the courtyard. One bounds up to Lysander and stands over him, at least twelve foot in height.

"The one who gave us Rodriguez. We owe you and we seek to remove the cancer that is this Gratiano de Veronese. Make no mistake, I strain against the desire to shred the scum you all are to bits. A poison upon Mother Earth. However he is a greater one. Even here I can feel him corroding the world. We will deliver you unto his home. Next to the tower there is an elderly woman. She is one of us, though she never accepted it, suppressing it all her life. She lives across the road from the tower.

Through her we can bring you there. Though only two may go with you"

The others look at each other and begin debating.

Jacqueline emphasises her experience at combat and how the Old Prince should strike down her usurper. "I need to be there when he falls"
    Clarissa argues from the position of raw power and devotion. "I actually care about you Ly"
    Dracula informs Lysander that his elemental sorcery could bring the tower down. Even if that doesn't work, he commands fire, lethal to other vampires. Not to mention his own mission "I've been killing our kind strategically for a long time and my master sent me here to make sure you succeed"
    Larry simply offers one unique skill. "Lysander, I can rewind time four minutes. I can only do it once or twice, but if you fail the first time round you can go in again with foreknowledge. That's gotta be worth something"

Dracula grimaces.

"When most of my clan joined the Sabbat, the ones who refused like me retreated to our castles. The others who joined the Sabbat warped our ability to change the elements into a way to warp flesh and bone. It disgusts me. I know what they can do. If I'm lucky I'll be flayed. Don't worry I'll be ready"

The group hears the trees on the horizon sway and bend. With incredible speed twelve wolves burst into the courtyard. One bounds up to Lysander and stands over him, at least twelve foot in height.

"The one who gave us Rodriguez. We owe you and we seek to remove the cancer that is this Gratiano de Veronese. Make no mistake, I strain against the desire to shred the scum you all are to bits. A poison upon Mother Earth. However he is a greater one. Even here I can feel him corroding the world. We will deliver you unto his home. Next to the tower there is an elderly woman. She is one of us, though she never accepted it, suppressing it all her life. She lives across the road from the tower.

Through her we can bring you there. Though only two may go with you"

The others look at each other and begin debating.

Jacqueline emphasises her experience at combat and how the Old Prince should strike down her usurper. "I need to be there when he falls"
    Clarissa argues from the position of raw power and devotion. "I actually care about you Ly"
    Dracula informs Lysander that his elemental sorcery could bring the tower down. Even if that doesn't work, he commands fire, lethal to other vampires. Not to mention his own mission "I've been killing our kind strategically for a long time and my master sent me here to make sure you succeed"
    Larry simply offers one unique skill. "Lysander, I can rewind time four minutes. I can only do it once or twice, but if you fail the first time round you can go in again with foreknowledge. That's gotta be worth something"

Lysander looks at the group in front of him.

'Jacqueline and Clarissa shall accompany me.'

He turns to Larry.

'Go with Dracula, your speed of arrival to the battlefield will be essential.'

He puts his arm on Dracula's shoulder.

'Bring down that tower, Larry will take you there... plus you have your own method of transport, yes?'

He winks.

Dracula laughs then he and Larry nod at each other and head off.

The Alpha Wolf puts his paw to the ground and a rift is torn open in the air. What look like strange animal shaped translucent beings emerge from it. Some like snakes, others like spiders. Still more like foxes, eagles and other desert predators.

"Ignore the spirits..." the wolf says "...small gods who have no interest in you. Enter and you will be where you need to be"

Clarissa immediately leaps in.

"Eager isn't she? Thanks for taking me Lysander. You won't regret it" Jacqueline says with a resolute look on her face.

Dracula laughs then he and Larry nod at each other and head off.

The Alpha Wolf puts his paw to the ground and a rift is torn open in the air. What look like strange animal shaped translucent beings emerge from it. Some like snakes, others like spiders. Still more like foxes, eagles and other desert predators.

"Ignore the spirits..." the wolf says "...small gods who have no interest in you. Enter and you will be where you need to be"

Clarissa immediately leaps in.

"Eager isn't she? Thanks for taking me Lysander. You won't regret it" Jacqueline says with a resolute look on her face.

'I've seen you in combat Jacqueline, turning you down would be insanity. Although going in here probably makes us both insane, so whatever happens, we're probably both a little cracked.

Guess you have to be to stay ahead of the rest though.'

He smirks and jumps in.

An old woman pours herself a cup of her favourite brand of coffee. Hard to get the exact brew up here in the United State, but it reminded her of Xalapa and her uncle's farm.

She heads in to the sitting room leaning on her cane and settles into her armchair. Smiling as she looks at a photo of her son, a local cop. She then turns on the TV. Bound to be a nice documentary on.

Suddenly the TV turns to static and a blue void bursts open in the living room.

Two women tumble out. One young, one middle aged. What comes after is much worse.

A river of sickly black liquid pours out of the gateway, behind it a trail of shadowy smoke. Her old senses are as sharp as ever. The liquid smells like blood, but sicker. More wrong. Blood and Smoke and Shadow.

The shadow coils around the blood forming a heart to encase it, then the rest of the shadow-smoke folds over the heart forming the shape of a man. He stands in her room now. The one from her dreams.

"The...man of shadow? Since I was a girl..." she drops to her knees.

"Do you kill me or do I serve you? There was a time when I thought I might kill you, but I am too old now"

"The...man of shadow? Since I was a girl..." she drops to her knees.

"Do you kill me or do I serve you? There was a time when I thought I might kill you, but I am too old now"

'You serve me, old one. My name is Lysander Karpov. We are headed for the tower.

Will you finally accept your true self, rise up and smite those who are trying to kill me?'

"I...my true self...it cost me my family when I was young" she cries.

"I can't...I'm sorry never again"

"I...my true self...it cost me my family when I was young" she cries.

"I can't...I'm sorry never again"

'It is ok my dear. I won't force you... too much...'

OOC: Command

'Embrace your true self, join us as we cut down the Sabbat!'

The Command takes a great toll on her mind. Years of suppressing her true nature are ripped away at the cost of a large chunk of her personality. The transformation takes hold. She rises, breaking the ceiling. Letting out a feral roar that shakes the walls.

Before Lysander stands a barely sane mute beast fourteen feet high. Utterly loyal to him, hate boils in her blood. All in the room can sense it. Weaker vampires would be driven to frenzy. Wolves must hunt and it has been a long time since this one has had a good prey.

"SABBAT" it manages through gritted teeth awaiting directions.

Easy enough, out the window Lysander can see the tower across the road.

• Advertisement

'Let us go. Jacqueline, your distraction is in place presumably?'

Lysander makes for the door.

Advertisement