Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Can anyone remember Liam's claimed role? i can't find the post

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I don’t agree with that. It’s not a lynch, it’s nearly a munch cause a wolf won’t go for it.

Unless all NRV agreed to go with an unofficial lynch vote, then it would be a lynch. I’m happy with that but there’s no sign of Riona for that plan

Im not saying we ask for volunteers. Im saying we have a pseudo lynch and do votes on thread, whomever gets the most votes, gets trapped.

Liam WW wrote: »
    Is there a reason this is being kept in your back room? If it was something people are likely to believe would it not make it easier for us to target the wolves who would be more likely to target Katniss or our priest.

What about the unknown 6th poster who never even signed in ?

Btw you were one of the 3 who voted for me. I’m likely to still be around as a possible mislynch as a result but I did ask if people putting me on FFAs / voting for me would give a reason why they think me wolfy.

Is there anything more than me telling the village I won a prize? A wolf could have used it / kept silent about it while informing wolf buddies when not to post to avoid it. It does not clear me in anyway but I’d and I’d assume the village might like to know what made you vote that way.

If the SK is dead (not killing today) I’d trust our priest. I’d also trust Katniss unless we have a counter claim. I’d believe Peeta is Peeta but not fully trust he’s not been converted and I’d lean good on the potential AP priest got coming out against Eva and in support of Frank but there is no confirmation of Angus here.

Everyone else is suspect.

I’m Beetee Latier btw

Here it is.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Im not saying we ask for volunteers. Im saying we have a pseudo lynch and do votes on thread, whomever gets the most votes, gets trapped.

But it is post based so you need them to walk into the trap, a wolf won't do that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Lads if you need a lynch volunteer I'll do it. Work has fallen apart and I'm so far behind on whats going on here its the least I can do for the village.

Good to see Gab was the SK, called it on day 1 in the D12 backroom (Imelda) :D

• Advertisement

here's his first paragraph wiki:

Beetee Latier is the male tribute from District 3 who participated in the 75th Hunger Games, was the victor of a Hunger Games, and is one of the 7 (others being Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Johanna Mason, Haymitch Abernathy, Annie Cresta, and Enobaria) people who survived the 75th Hunger Games. Though not a great fighter, Beetee is an expert with electronics and wiring.

Wiress and Beetee were two of the many tributes who were enlisted by Haymitch to protect Katniss and Peeta in the arena, at every cost.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    But it is post based so you need them to walk into the trap, a wolf won't do that

You'd need to have a back up too, otherwise the wolves will just happen to "miss" it, and the thread grinds to a halt...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Gertrude, I know you've RL stuff going on. but likelyhood is that you're gone tonight.

You were one of my most solid village reads and I trusted your posts a lot. So if you haven't converted, would you mind getting in one last post of substance if you have time?

I will try later, I work for myself (with my wife) and will be on holidays in few weeks, really shouldn’t of signed up. That’s all on me. I stayed away cause it was hard enough keeping up with things until the convert and that sort of threw me over the edge.

Is there anything in particular you want to discuss , I will try and get back at some stage but I’ve gotten more done in the last 90 mins then the whole week. Only got to review this on the toilet, seems I’m not alone on this sort of posting. Maybe I can take a laxative to be convincing and sneak off again soon!!!

giphy.gif

Well then we have ourselves a wolf, dont we?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I’d be happy to let Riona walk into the trap!

Yes but when they won't walk into it, a villager is going to have to in order for the thread to continue

To be clear, if someone refuses to do it after a vote, they are the last wolf. At that stage, ill walk into it, and we lynch the person who wouldnt walk into it. Bingo bango, jobs a good'un.

When Beetee recovered, though still in a wheelchair, he started working for the rebels by making new weapons for the military and a new bow and arrow for Katniss to use as the Mockingjay.

Liam could potentially fashion Wendy a new arrow!!!!!!!!

It doesnt matter if a villager walks into it, if that finds us the last wolf.

Beetee is super interesting!

Beetee continued to make weapons and hack into the Capitol's broadcasts to air the Rebels' propaganda spots.

That's all I got. Liam, we need some info from you.

here's his first paragraph wiki:

Beetee Latier is the male tribute from District 3 who participated in the 75th Hunger Games, was the victor of a Hunger Games, and is one of the 7 (others being Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Johanna Mason, Haymitch Abernathy, Annie Cresta, and Enobaria) people who survived the 75th Hunger Games. Though not a great fighter, Beetee is an expert with electronics and wiring.

Was he in Distrcit 3 in the backrooms?

D12

Was he in Distrcit 3 in the backrooms?

There was no district 3. Only 4, 12, 13 and Capitol

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Hi it's me Beetee Latier
    giphy.gif

I am not a NRV, I am a trapper.

For the first two days I did not know what that meant as despite having my own backroom I did not have any powers. I was essentially a NRV except I was told my role would be revealed to me.

When prizes were dropped I seemingly won a trap but I guess it wasn't as straight forward as that as I actually won a new room in Beetee's lab a room for setting a trap.

At this point I decided to bring it to the village. However the whole waiting on Eva to declare her role thing was going on so I first dropped this nugget of info in D12 to gauge their response. I did however say that I was going to share it with the thread but was hoping Eva would reveal first as that might change things in terms of who the village would target.

No response in the BR and Eva just kept stalling so I directed D12 people to check the backroom. At which point even though I had stated I was waiting on Eva to announce Henry gave all the details to the thread. This I'll admit has made me weary of him since as that just created a distraction allowing Eva to stall further and come up with her priest plan imo.

As soon as he did this I then revealed on thread, pointed out that I was the one that pointed him to look in the BR in the first place and asked the village what to do with the trap. Unfortunately the trap couldn't really target someone so I was reluctant to use it randomly and maybe hit a villager. Came close to using on Eva who was begging to walk into it but was worried she wouldn't follow through or that people might not vote her cos she was trapped and she would somehow survive. SKGabs was also vocal telling me not to then.

People started putting me as wolfy for not using the prize I said I got even though it could be to the villages detriment but hHere is one bit of good news
    bba19b89c3827d6ae3d109e6298c9178.gif

I think I have found a way I can lay the trap and tell you in advance when I am doing so but do it in such a way that I won't kill anyone.

I came out as being BH as my time difference should assure you that I will be active early in the day not late so you should not have to wait too long for me to do this and it should'nt drag into lynch discussions / when people are doing their FFAs.

I've stated many times that this trap will not clear me but it is fair to say I've been somewhat trapped by having it and not using it so will be happy to do so once I have caught up reading the thread.

When I am back I will probably have to cook for the wife but after that I should have bought myself enought time to catch up reading and hopefully proceed with dropping my trap.

Ok well note to the village: don't put phill in charge of research anymore....

Vote in for gertie. Soz :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Barney92 wrote: »
    tumblr_ps41t5J2ON1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

We are planning have a majority lynch today. This means that if at any stage prior to 3pm one player has a majority of the lynch votes they will be lynched and the phase will be over. Then there will be a munch at 4pm, followed by a lynch at 9pm. If a majority is not reached by that time then the phase will continue until the lynch at 9pm (and there will be no 4pm munch).

Please thank this post if you are okay with it.

Oh, well it looks like I won't be surviving until Friday then.

Village, my death or Gertrude's will have Angus confirm my story which I assure you is true.

Once you believe that, you must also work towards believing that Wendy and Doris are on the level.

Henry gave me a great idea there with one of his own posts, to reword as best as possible something from the BR without copy paste rule breaks. So, here is Gertrude's mispost in D13, the one where she accidentally gave her wolf game up, in slightly different words...
    Plus...Maybe Wendy is Peeta. They could be in the same room where Wendy can reveal roles and protect Katniss. I think it was premature to come out, perhaps Katniss was starting to feel worried.

Should I be protected tonight? Just because Katniss could feel like testing a thought (that there's been a wolf conversion)

I am not insisting on that, incidentally, if somebody else is feeling pressure I've no qualms with being found out. Actually, it might be a waste of our power, I'm just throwing out ideas.

Plus, I'm trying to get some life into this abode. I'm currently in the car after some exercise, I'm quite excited!

You should note that Gertrude started the mispost with "Also/Plus", when there was no contextual post to follow on from in our D13 backroom with an "Also/plus".

If only she had misposted that preceding post as well :D

When you come around to believing me later, this post all but shows Wendy and Doris are not wolves.

Note that Gertrude didn't name Doris in her mispost, only Wendy, but "they" would heavily suggest she was referring to Doris too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Mod Announcement

Could people please use their anon account name when voting rather than their boards account?

Thanks folks

Liam WW wrote: »
    Hi it's me Beetee Latier
    giphy.gif

I am not a NRV, I am a trapper.

For the first two days I did not know what that meant as despite having my own backroom I did not have any powers. I was essentially a NRV except I was told my role would be revealed to me.

When prizes were dropped I seemingly won a trap but I guess it wasn't as straight forward as that as I actually won a new room in Beetee's lab a room for setting a trap.

At this point I decided to bring it to the village. However the whole waiting on Eva to declare her role thing was going on so I first dropped this nugget of info in D12 to gauge their response. I did however say that I was going to share it with the thread but was hoping Eva would reveal first as that might change things in terms of who the village would target.

No response in the BR and Eva just kept stalling so I directed D12 people to check the backroom. At which point even though I had stated I was waiting on Eva to announce Henry gave all the details to the thread. This I'll admit has made me weary of him since as that just created a distraction allowing Eva to stall further and come up with her priest plan imo.

As soon as he did this I then revealed on thread, pointed out that I was the one that pointed him to look in the BR in the first place and asked the village what to do with the trap. Unfortunately the trap couldn't really target someone so I was reluctant to use it randomly and maybe hit a villager. Came close to using on Eva who was begging to walk into it but was worried she wouldn't follow through or that people might not vote her cos she was trapped and she would somehow survive. SKGabs was also vocal telling me not to then.

People started putting me as wolfy for not using the prize I said I got even though it could be to the villages detriment but hHere is one bit of good news
    bba19b89c3827d6ae3d109e6298c9178.gif

I think I have found a way I can lay the trap and tell you in advance when I am doing so but do it in such a way that I won't kill anyone.

I came out as being BH as my time difference should assure you that I will be active early in the day not late so you should not have to wait too long for me to do this and it should'nt drag into lynch discussions / when people are doing their FFAs.

I've stated many times that this trap will not clear me but it is fair to say I've been somewhat trapped by having it and not using it so will be happy to do so once I have caught up reading the thread.

When I am back I will probably have to cook for the wife but after that I should have bought myself enought time to catch up reading and hopefully proceed with dropping my trap.

I can confirm the bits about the D12 BR.

@Liam - i completely misread your post. I thought you said you were waiting but i should go ahead (which on a reread is absolutely not the case). Massive mistake on my part. Apologies.

I cant see any holes in this per se. But another village role? And one that cant be verified again. I just dont know......this game.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Wendy - Katniss
    Doris - Peeta
    Brendan - BG
    Angus - Apprentice Priest
    |
    Liam - RV? Has trap???
    Gertrude - Gayle (possible wolf convert)
    |
    Barbara - Wounded
    |
    Henry
    Phil - 40Pockets
    Conor
    Jake

Riona

I'm gonna keep posting this because it helps me keep track of who's still alive.

Liam's role and whether or not he has a trap are still open questions.

Gertrude converting to wolf is still an open question.

For me at the moment, I'm happy to go gertrude for lynch if the majority are for that. otherwise my next step is one of the blacks, so Henry, Conor, Jake or Riona.

Phil, it's Forty Coats! Was actually a great one from Conor...plus 40 Coats actor is actually a cousin of mine :D

Barney92 wrote: »
    Mod Announcement

Could people please use their anon account name when voting rather than their boards account?

Thanks folks

Were we not asked to use our boards ones before? I'm so confused now

Nevermind. I'm an idiot :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

It asked for boards name which we meant as boards anon name. We have been accepting both (anon and regular boards name) but it just makes it easier when doing a majority lynch if they are all in the same format.

Advertisement