Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Import cheap labour? But they get the going rates here be it for engineer/manager whatever :confused:

Where are you getting your information? Link it

No they get the lower than current market rate Irish people know does not reflect the actual supply / demand. hence the vacancy.

Again, the software industry in Dublin does not represent every employment sector in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

fin12 wrote: »
    I always find it unbelievable how foreign people seem to know a lot more about what they are entitled to then an Irish person. I’m talking in regards of social welfare and tax credits.

Damn clever foreigners :pac:

and more snide anti Irish remarks, now who's racist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Nobelium wrote: »
    No they get the lower than current market rate Irish people know does not reflect the actual supply / demand. hence the vacancy.

Again, the software industry in Dublin does not represent every employment sector in Ireland.

Once again, I'm in Limerick... The other poster is in Galway. I imagine there are plenty of other industries that face this issue... I'm inclined to say that you are prone to talking about something you have literally no knowledge on..

You're pretty fragile when it comes to sarcastic quips. Sarcasm is a very Irish thing, stop being so anti Irish!

batgoat wrote: »
    Once again, I'm in Limerick... The other poster is in Galway. I imagine there are plenty of other industries that face this issue... I'm inclined to say that you are prone to talking about something you have literally no knowledge on..

Once again, you're trying to pretend certain industries in certain cities represent the entire employment sector in Ireland . . they don't.

Tell us, why do these jobs have to be in Limerick and Galway if there is no one there willing to do them, while other areas are crying out for employment ?

• Advertisement

No they get the rate Irish people know does not reflect the actual supply / demand. hence the vacancy.

You should ballpark know the salary range of a job you are applying for so you're completely wrong there.

I'm taking about Galway in my example btw. No idea why you keep mentioning Dublin.

You should ballpark know the salary range of a job you are applying for so you're completely wrong there.

I'm taking about Galway in my example btw. No idea why you keep mentioning Dublin.

Once again, Irish people know the rate being offered does not reflect the realty of actual supply / demand. hence the vacancy.

Once again, you're trying to pretend certain industries in certain cities represent the entire employment sector in Ireland . . they don't.

Tell us, why do these jobs have to be in Limerick and Galway if there is no one there willing to do them, while other areas are crying out for employment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There are vacancies in other places as well.

https://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Donegal/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I wouldn’t call it that, just don’t think it’s right that a foreign person is more educated about their entitlements than a person who’s born and raised here.

Saying clever foreigners is deemed racist now? People get offended very easily these days..

Strawman when an argument is ko'd..

• Advertisement

There are vacancies in other places as well.

https://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Donegal/

Pramerica is a software company.
    Once again, the software industry does not represent the entire employment sector in Ireland.
    Donegal has a high unemployment rate, why not train up more local young people ?

Pramerica is a software company. Once again, the software industry does not represent the entire employment sector in Ireland

I saw a vacancy for a dietician in there as well.

I wouldn’t call it that, just don’t think it’s right that a foreign person is more educated about their entitlements than a person who’s born and raised here.

Are they though?

Can you produce facts to show it. I'm pretty certain you won't/can't.

We only have your word for it.

I always find it unbelievable how foreign people seem to know a lot more about what they are entitled to then an Irish person. I’m talking in regards of social welfare and tax credits.

How do you know so much about it?

Saying clever foreigners is deemed racist now? People get offended very easily these days..

Strawman when an argument is ko'd..

Why do you think foreigners are clever compared to Irish people ?

Once again, Irish people know the rate being offered does not reflect the realty of actual supply / demand. hence the vacancy.

What areas in the country, and what sectors are you referring to?

Are they though?

I’m talking from my own personal experience and working life, They would educate u on what ur entitled to about , tax credits u never knew existed they know all about them.

What areas in the country, and what sectors are you referring to?

Anywhere with in Ireland with a higher than average unemployment rate.

Why do you think foreigners are clever compared to Irish people ?

Stupid Irish sarcasm, my bad ;)

This is Ireland, pal. We're more likely to increase their welfare than do something logical and sensible.

Im pretty certain that payments to long term unemployed people went up over the last budget, and I don't think recently unemployed people were entitled to it.

I know for sure that there is a financial benefit to being long term unemployed, because I read that here recently and was so skeptical I researched it, lo and behold it was true.

For their own sake, nobody should be allowed to remain unemployed over a period of months, during a time of full employment. If nothing else, it can't be good for your mind. I genuinely wonder whether a lot of them aren't clinically depressed.

• Advertisement

I’m talking from my own personal experience and working life, They would educate u on what ur entitled to about , tax credits u never knew existed they know all about them.

That is your personal experience. There are millions of other people you know nothing about.

We only have your word for it.

How do you know so much about it?

It’s not my word, it’s my opinion and what I believe.

Which means nothing. No offence.

Maybe the people you met just went to the hassle of finding out. You find plenty of Irish people that know exactly what their entitlements are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,644 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Upskilling the unemployed. Oh, the horror.
    I've no issue with that but I do have an issue with hiding unemployment.
    These people are still unemployed but they are not showing as that.

Anywhere with in Ireland with a higher than average unemployment rate.

Where you are talking about? Name places.

Also name sectors

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Are they though?

Your post is so correct. They know all about Grant's for things I didnt even know existed. Classes I paid for my kids to be in. They have grants for.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've no issue with that but I do have an issue with hiding unemployment.
    These people are still unemployed but they are not showing as that.

Nothing hidden. The stats are published every month, and have been for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

How is it "not right"? Assuming what you say is true its not their fault if Irish people are ignorant of their entitlements and if anything it should be a kick up the arse that someone who moved here and whose first language is probably not English knows more employment law than the natives.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    How is it "not right"? Assuming what you say is true its not their fault if Irish people are ignorant of their entitlements and if anything it should be a kick up the arse that someone who moved here and whose first language is probably not English knows more employment law than the natives.

Well don’t you think we should be educated about this stuff when we are in secondary school. Most people pick up their first job in their teens so don’t understand how stuff as important as this is not taught in schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,644 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nothing hidden. The stats are published every month, and have been for years.
    Are those people in training courses showing as unemployed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement