Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

prodsc wrote: »
    A new Sweet Beat venture...Sweet As. Diner And Deli coming June..not sure of the premises.

What exactly does a vegetable based, vegan friendly deli sell? When I think of a deli it is meat, meat and more meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

What exactly does a vegetable based, vegan friendly deli sell? When I think of a deli it is meat, meat and more meat.

lettuce, lentils and Quinoa lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Looks like soups, veggie burgers, grain based salads, pasta dishes, beany stews and some nice looking cakes - I'm dairy free (though not veggie or vegan) so I'm planning to visit next time I'm in Sligo. Nice to have a non meat based meal at least once a day imo.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Looks like soups, veggie burgers, grain based salads, pasta dishes, beany stews and some nice looking cakes - I'm dairy free (though not veggie or vegan) so I'm planning to visit next time I'm in Sligo. Nice to have a non meat based meal at least once a day imo.
    Don’t get me wrong, I love the food in Sweet Beat, particularly the beans on toast, I just always associated a deli with the American type deli. I think it’s great though. Kinda cutting out meat myself so it’s great to have a place that has a variety of nice dishes without meat. Too many restaurants only offer one veggie option, pasta or veggie burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

Is Sweet Beat purely a vegan restaurant? It says on their page they are vegan friendly. That sounds like they cater for vegan customers but not necessarily solely vegan. I could be wrong though!

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Is Sweet Beat purely a vegan restaurant? It says on their page they are vegan friendly. That sounds like they cater for vegan customers but not necessarily solely vegan. I could be wrong though!

Maybe it means that they are friendly to vegans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I'd say it's mostly vegan, with a few vegetarian concessions. You won't get any meat but you can get dairy milk in your coffee, they might have some egg/cheese dishes but I've never noticed any.

Looks like the old Heatons will reopen as Sports Direct only. That’s what the new signage seems to suggest. No mention of Brandmax.

Looks like the old Heatons will reopen as Sports Direct only. That’s what the new signage seems to suggest. No mention of Brandmax.

Brandmax going upstairs I think still

https://www.facebook.com/wearebrandmax/photos/p.2655628001117941/2655628001117941/?type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

rainyrun wrote: »
    Anyone know where this will be? I love sweet beat and would love to go daily but just too far to go from town centre when ur on short lunchbreak. Would be great if it was on o connell st somewhere!! Or even castle st.

Going in where Mollys was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

tinpib wrote: »
    A specialty coffee house and espresso bar named Milligram going into old Clarke's butchers on Wine Street. Poster up in the window.

It's open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Is the sports direct/heatons opened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is the sports direct/heatons opened yet?
    Yep, opened last Friday I think.

Decent upstairs in there actually.. grabbed a pair of Skechers in there reduced from €70 to €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, opened last Friday I think.

Decent upstairs in there actually.. grabbed a pair of Skechers in there reduced from €70 to €25.

Brill, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Signage up in Sweet As in the old Molly's and their Facebook page is active, they are opening soon but don't see a date.

Also spotted workmen removing the old sign and putting in a new one on the tiny old Bookies beside Michael Quirke's on Wine Street. Seems to be work going on inside too.

Would make the perfect location for a cafe I reckon :pac:

Signage up in Sweet As in the old Molly's and their Facebook page is active, they are opening soon but don't see a date.

Also spotted workmen removing the old sign and putting in a new one on the tiny old Bookies beside Michael Quirke's on Wine Street. Seems to be work going on inside too.

can never have enough cafe's in one place .... well not in Sligo's case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

The Rooftop in Wine St Car Park looks like it is changing to Asian fusion..You and Me. Bridge Foot House opens today in O Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I saw people eating in there today. My daughter tells me they've been open since thursday or Friday.

486279.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

486279.jpg

I heard about that nearly 2 years ago and even then it seemed like a done deal and was happening soon. Hadn't heard anything since and assumed it was bullshít. Can't believe it's taken this long.

• Advertisement

I heard about that nearly 2 years ago and even then it seemed like a done deal and was happening soon. Hadn't heard anything since and assumed it was bullshít. Can't believe it's taken this long.

very long time - feels ages off as well next April. very specific date as well

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

very long time - feels ages off as well next April. very specific date as well

Possibly waiting for the leases of Currys and Castle Davitt to run out. It's the only reason I can think for it.

Possibly waiting for the leases of Currys and Castle Davitt to run out. It's the only reason I can think for it.

yes true - they have a bit of re-organising to do .. I wonder what units Currys and Castle Davitt will move into then - anyone want to speculate ? - or even know?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

yes true - they have a bit of re-organising to do .. I wonder what units Currys and Castle Davitt will move into then - anyone want to speculate ? - or even know?

I believe Castle Davitt moving beside Harry Corry and Curry's/PC World moving beside Homestore+More.

I believe Castle Davitt moving beside Harry Corry and Curry's/PC World moving beside Homestore+More.

Blimey, Harvey Norman and Curry's be right near to each other on that side of the retail park? , I'd like to see how that would work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Blimey, Harvey Norman and Curry's be right near to each other on that side of the retail park? , I'd like to see how that would work out!

They're in the same park as each other in lots of places (Swords, Carrickmines, Naas, Waterford. The stores in Tralee are literally looking at each other. )

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

Danish retailer JYSK has ramped up its Irish plans - but it's battling with lease time lags https://jrnl.ie/4785710 . Near the end of article mentions Sligo

Any indication when Harvey Norman might open?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Any indication when Harvey Norman might open?

See #2420

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I see Golden Discs are advertising for sales assistants and store manager roles for a new store in Sligo.

Anyone know where this is going?

Advertisement