Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    So this came up in our BR but I think its worth bringing out here

I've asked Frank if hes in a BR with the other RVs and he has refused to answer.
    My thinking is that this is vital information, its a way of somehow verifying what he is saying after he is dead. If he and the other good people can leave breadcrumbs that can identify each other it can help us at a later stage if Frank is killed.
    I don't see the downside to sharing this info with the group but there is upside

Anyway, I said I'd put it out here so that I dont look like I'm trying to extract info for Frank. I'd be fairly certain we have lost a RV from our BR but that there is a wolf in the remaining five

Is there any benefit in everyone stating what district they are in yet? Trying to work out if it will benefit us or not.

All of us in D13 know each other, or at least we think we do

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Eva was lying about the knife. That's all I know. I think she was a wolf or the SK.

Doesn't rule out Frank being bad too. He could be a teammate capitalising on Eva's near lynch and scramble to claim something, or he could be on a different team. Or he could be village priest.

Also none of this necessarily makes me a baddie. I'm not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Is there any benefit in everyone stating what district they are in yet? Trying to work out if it will benefit us or not.

That sounds like the tag line to a horror movie.

In D13 they all knew each other, or at least they thought they did, *in trailer movie voice*

Morning all

Morning babs.

Babs why were you late into our backroom?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Does frank not have to be priest if eva wasnt?

No alternative claims, and its a big risk to take if the wolves or sk didnt know the village priest was dead.

Im going to read back. Find the calls to lynch him rather than peek him strange...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Obviously theres a long way to go yet but if I was looking towards this evening I would be looking at Clodagh and Wendy

Clodagh
    Well there is the slip-up on Monday that has me convinced she is roled in some capacity, that coupled with her defence of Eva has everything lighting up. Almost TWTBAW but the player I'm seeing here isn't the FBI agent I saw. The whole thing stinks. I know from time to time we come across strange villagers but this is all over the place.

Wendy
    I gave my theory on the prize that wounded Gabriel. IF, and its a big IF, that prize was given out through post count by Eva then she is the most likely to have been going for it. I know its a weak enough theory so I will hold fire until I do a full ISO later.

Hungover Sunday, busy monday

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Hungover Sunday, busy monday

In reply to henry

If there is a wolf in the capitol then it would be worthwhile because they already know who Frank and I are. Theres a wolf hiding in the other three is my guess.

Has either of the other three districts been missing a player since last nite?
    Theres 12 & 13 but I dont know the last.

I'd be open to people declaring but thats easy for me to say as someone who is out already. A RV might not agree. Maybe leave it for another day and agree to do it after tonites lynch? That way we are narrowing down the number of potential wolves.

I stand by the logic that theres a wolf in each district, it would give us a group of four in the Capitol if you assume Frank is telling the truth

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote:
    No alternative claims, and its a big risk to take if the wolves or sk didnt know the village priest was dead.

Can't rule out a wolf priest. Can't rule out the prizes aren't what they seem. Can't rule out they got a peek and found the priest. There are ways Frank could be evil. I knew Eva was bad yesterday but Frank's credentials need to be proven still.

If Eva and Frank were on the same team, they could have taken a view of Eva was pretty doomed anyway, they might as well take me down and secure Frank as clear. It's not a bad swap given Eva ****ed herself over. So they have slightly differing dead lists, with Frank's more credible. And then yesterday plays out as it did.

This is just a theory but i could see how its true. Main thing I'm saying is Frank needs to be verified.

Obviously theres a long way to go yet but if I was looking towards this evening I would be looking at Clodagh and Wendy

Clodagh
    Well there is the slip-up on Monday that has me convinced she is roled in some capacity, that coupled with her defence of Eva has everything lighting up. Almost TWTBAW but the player I'm seeing here isn't the FBI agent I saw. The whole thing stinks. I know from time to time we come across strange villagers but this is all over the place.

Wendy
    I gave my theory on the prize that wounded Gabriel. IF, and its a big IF, that prize was given out through post count by Eva then she is the most likely to have been going for it. I know its a weak enough theory so I will hold fire until I do a full ISO later.

On Wendy, if Eva was a wolf I could have mistakenly walked onto a trap post, I was active enough at EOD too.

Don't buy the narrative that it was to give someone a knife, it's the main issue I had with Eva's story (counterclaims aside), I think she selected a post number (got her shot off) and I was the unlucky bollocks to walk onto it.

Doesn't say anything about my alignment though.

If Eva is not a wolf, Wendy would be slightly more suspect (though then we'd nearly have to believe her story and lynch Frank and Henry to be certain)

Angus WW wrote: »
    Does frank not have to be priest if eva wasnt?

Im going to read back. Find the calls to lynch him rather than peek him strange...
    There was a theory the wolves had their own priest, so if they knew the actual priest was dead they could take their place.

Its why its important to know about a goodie BR

Henry WW wrote: »
    Can't rule out a wolf priest. Can't rule out the prizes aren't what they seem. Can't rule out they got a peek and found the priest. There are ways Frank could be evil. I knew Eva was bad yesterday but Frank's credentials need to be proven still.

If Eva and Frank were on the same team, they could have taken a view of Eva was pretty doomed anyway, they might as well take me down and secure Frank as clear. It's not a bad swap given Eva ****ed herself over. So they have slightly differing dead lists, with Frank's more credible. And then yesterday plays out as it did.

This is just a theory but i could see how its true. Main thing I'm saying is Frank needs to be verified.

Franks isnt more credible though, he has Oisin as a player who isn't listed and hasn't revealed who Des was

Whats the thoughts on Frank telling us whether he has a BR or not?

If there is a wolf in the capitol then it would be worthwhile because they already know who Frank and I are. Theres a wolf hiding in the other three is my guess.

Has either of the other three districts been missing a player since last nite?
    Theres 12 & 13 but I dont know the last.

I'd be open to people declaring but thats easy for me to say as someone who is out already. A RV might not agree. Maybe leave it for another day and agree to do it after tonites lynch? That way we are narrowing down the number of potential wolves.

I stand by the logic that theres a wolf in each district, it would give us a group of four in the Capitol if you assume Frank is telling the truth

Well Eva was in our room, she's gone (naturally)

Whats the thoughts on Frank telling us whether he has a BR or not?

If he is in a goodie backroom there will be others in it who can verify him later, they would have a plan so we dont need to force any coming out, as i dont see the benefit

Conor WW wrote:
    Franks isnt more credible though, he has Oisin as a player who isn't listed and hasn't revealed who Des was

From my pov he is more credible because he wasn't spouting lies about me. But as I said in the rest of my post and follow on post, there are ways he could still be a wolf and he needs to be verified.

From my pov he is more credible because he wasn't spouting lies about me. But as I said in the rest of my post and follow on post, there are ways he could still be a wolf and he needs to be verified.

Basically, we need Dessie's role imo. Reason I agreed with those calling for it last night is that if he gives us it post 10am and he's a wolf, there's a chance he'll strike lucky with a dead role.

I'm not on board the doubt Frank train but I'd prefer to be able to trust him completely, rather than a shadow hanging over him from Eva-gate.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Morning all. Just catching up. I've limited time here at the moment but I am clear for around half an hour either side of munch time, so don't worry, I'll get ye all the info. After that I've a pretty full timetable today. Can't be helped.

Conor, I'm actually glad to see you posting that you asked me that question because to me it made you seem wolfy af.

It's the same thing that has me wondering about all the people demanding to know Des's role early on. Why does a villager need to know that information hours before the munch? The only one in theory who *might* be helped by it is the BG and at the end of the day, they would still need to make a decision based on believing me or not. I know based on Oisin's role that the wolves don't have a priest. So on that basis I'm sure as hell not sharing any info that might help them make decisions before I absolutely have to.

I'll be honest, I'm at the stage where I'm hoping that I get munched this morning for my own sanity but wanting to stay alive to get the village info.

If I do get munched, hopefully you'll believe me. If that happens, I'd like ye to look at a few people. I'll pop that list into my 9.59 post rather than give it here. Yes I'm paranoid. You would be too.

Finally to everyone saying that I didn't do my reveal well/I could have done it better etc. Please stop. Not for me but for anyone else with a role. I got really worked up last night (granted a few drinks were had) over people saying crap like this. It's easy when it's not you. I might be the crappest priest in the world, but I'm the only one ye've got right now and I'm doing my best.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to pick holes in Frank being on the up and up

One thing that is niggling at me is that Fernand (RIP) in out BR said (@15:38 on Monday) that they had already revealed their role on thread if people knew how to see it

Our Fernand wasn't a prolific poster so its hard to wean information from what they have said but both Holly and Desmond have been called out as RVs by our two priests.

Holly only has 17 posts but her third post is in response to Clodagh slapping her

Holly WW wrote: »
    Well I think we see who is evil

Is that a reference to her being the priest?

I've looked through Desmonds posts up to that point and theres nothing I can construe to be a breadcrumb. This stands out as being random but thats it
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    LSD and a trip on the top deck of a bus could help.

Again, if I'm on the right track I could be lynched for this kinda thing

That Holly post says seer more than priest to me.

And it implicates Clodagh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Basically, we need Dessie's role imo. Reason I agreed with those calling for it last night is that if he gives us it post 10am and he's a wolf, there's a chance he'll strike lucky with a dead role.

I'm not on board the doubt Frank train but I'd prefer to be able to trust him completely, rather than a shadow hanging over him from Eva-gate.

I was NEVER giving you the role post 10am. It was always before. I don't know if I'm going to survive the munch and I'm not dying with info.

Hang on though according to Frank Holly is NRV. I mean we either trust him or we don't

Frank WW wrote: »
    I was NEVER giving you the role post 10am. It was always before. I don't know if I'm going to survive the munch and I'm not dying with info.

That's fine, given Eva's propensity for shenanigans you can see why I'm a little antsy though surely?

Frank WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Just catching up. I've limited time here at the moment but I am clear for around half an hour either side of munch time, so don't worry, I'll get ye all the info. After that I've a pretty full timetable today. Can't be helped.

Conor, I'm actually glad to see you posting that you asked me that question because to me it made you seem wolfy af.

It's the same thing that has me wondering about all the people demanding to know Des's role early on. Why does a villager need to know that information hours before the munch? The only one in theory who *might* be helped by it is the BG and at the end of the day, they would still need to make a decision based on believing me or not. I know based on Oisin's role that the wolves don't have a priest. So on that basis I'm sure as hell not sharing any info that might help them make decisions before I absolutely have to.

I'll be honest, I'm at the stage where I'm hoping that I get munched this morning for my own sanity but wanting to stay alive to get the village info.

If I do get munched, hopefully you'll believe me. If that happens, I'd like ye to look at a few people. I'll pop that list into my 9.59 post rather than give it here. Yes I'm paranoid. You would be too.

Finally to everyone saying that I didn't do my reveal well/I could have done it better etc. Please stop. Not for me but for anyone else with a role. I got really worked up last night (granted a few drinks were had) over people saying crap like this. It's easy when it's not you. I might be the crappest priest in the world, but I'm the only one ye've got right now and I'm doing my best.

Frank, I think you’re doing a great job, everyone has an opinion on how the game should be played but you can only play how you think best. There can be differing opinions on what’s best for the village even from two villagers. I advocated saying who we were at the start in our BR but later I saw the benefits of not doing it. Looks like other BRs did though. I wouldn’t take any heed of people giving out, it’s their job to attack everything.

I know based on Oisin's role that the wolves don't have a priest

We need to know what this means? If it’s something verifiable then it’ll be massively useful and will almost certainly clear you in my eyes

Hang on though according to Frank Holly is NRV. I mean we either trust him or we don't

I’m putting it out there Gabriel. It doesn’t make sense that somebody would say they’ve left a sign and I Can’t find it in 55 posts! Have a look yourself please

Eh no. We explore both possibilities. Ive spent the morning outlining how and why Frank might be dodge. He remains to be verified.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I’ve got a school run now and am out for a few hours, but when I come back (and am hopefully still kicking), I’m going to lay out what my concerns were with Conor in day one, and why I’ve really not liked his game play to date.

I will say too, I don’t like how we chose Frank over Eva and then as soon as Eva is dead, some people seemed to flip towards hounding Frank and trying to “subtly” discredit him too.

Advertisement