Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I’ve got a school run now and am out for a few hours, but when I come back (and am hopefully still kicking), I’m going to lay out what my concerns were with Conor in day one, and why I’ve really not liked his game play to date.

I will say too, I don’t like how we chose Frank over Eva and then as soon as Eva is dead, some people seemed to flip towards hounding Frank and trying to “subtly” discredit him too.

We made our bed with Frank, we should trust him at this stage unless we have reason not to, ie we get some confirmation Eva was good somehow which i imagine we wont get.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Only way we verify Frank is if he isnt BG protected and ends up surviving munches.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Only way we verify Frank is if he isnt BG protected and ends up surviving munches.

Or the wolves purposely avoid him in the hope it creates a mistrust between us and frank, gambling that we lynch him ourselves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Morning all.

To the people saying Eva / Frank could be the SK. Would them naming a wolf role that could still be alive not out them to the wolves as the SK? Big risk to take

In which case we can do the backroom role declare for one role and not tell him who has revealed. When he misdeclares that person, we have a wolf.

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    Morning all.

To the people saying Eva / Frank could be the SK. Would them naming a wolf role that could still be alive not out them to the wolves as the SK? Big risk to take

And he revealed without hesitation... it be a huge wreckless risk which an SK wouldnt likely take

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    We made our bed with Frank, we should trust him at this stage unless we have reason not to, ie we get some confirmation Eva was good somehow which i imagine we wont get.

Long term, we shouldn’t fall into a sunk cost fallacy, where because we picked him, we stick with him no matter what.

I wouldn’t worry bout this lynch. But if he survived two or three, that’s when I’d start to consider it.

He really shouldn’t be in contention tonight though. Hitting one priest last night and another tonight would be the definition of wasting a lynch...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I’ve got a school run now and am out for a few hours, but when I come back (and am hopefully still kicking), I’m going to lay out what my concerns were with Conor in day one, and why I’ve really not liked his game play to date.

I will say too, I don’t like how we chose Frank over Eva and then as soon as Eva is dead, some people seemed to flip towards hounding Frank and trying to “subtly” discredit him too.

Well do, you’ve been sniping round there for days discrediting me without ever actually coming up with anything to back it up. So bring it on, I can’t argue against a feeling or a vibe. Lay out what ur argument is. Be sure to read exactly what happened on Monday evening. I’m not sure if you were there but you can ask Henry or Gabriel about how that vote was going and that I moved off someone who claimed RV when I could have just stayed where I was and saved my own neck.

And I’m not subtly discrediting Frank. I’m having an open discussion about the possible ways he could be lying. I’m engaging him at the same time. Previous games I’ve anchored my beliefs to a lie and I don’t want that to happen here.

And you’ll notice when I call out Clodagh and Wendy it’s for more than a bad feeling, there’s actual reasoning behind it, backed up

Steve WW wrote: »
    And he revealed without hesitation... it be a huge wreckless risk which an SK wouldnt likely take

SKs dont win games without some level of risk taking, imo.

SKs dont win games without some level of risk taking, imo.

True but thats too much risk in my eyes

• Advertisement

In which case we can do the backroom role declare for one role and not tell him who has revealed. When he misdeclares that person, we have a wolf.

Does anyone wanna poke holes in this plan? I think its the only way we verify Frank. Even if he is a wolf priest, at least we would be keeping him honest in terms of declaring the dead.

I’ll be honest. I don’t really understand the plan!

Ok so im trying to poke holes in it myself.

We find out what district backroom Frank is in
    We get someone in another room to declare their role (RV / NRV)
    Actually probably need a couple to do it to offset any wolves that declare
    We dont tell Frank who has revealed
    He reveals the dead to us on thread
    If he reveals someone who has declared and the declaration doesnt match whats in the backroom, he is a wolf.
    At the very least, if he is a wolf priest and is getting the dead that way, he has to reveal the true info for fear of getting caught out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Does anyone wanna poke holes in this plan? I think its the only way we verify Frank. Even if he is a wolf priest, at least we would be keeping him honest in terms of declaring the dead.

There coukd be a wolf in your backroom. If frank was a wolf, they just communicate the role to frank.

I'm finding your trust in your backroom worrying henry.

****. Yeah. Nevermind it wont work.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ok so im trying to poke holes in it myself.

We find out what district backroom Frank is in
    We get someone in another room to declare their role (RV / NRV)
    Actually probably need a couple to do it to offset any wolves that declare
    We dont tell Frank who has revealed
    He reveals the dead to us on thread
    If he reveals someone who has declared and the declaration doesnt match whats in the backroom, he is a wolf.
    At the very least, if he is a wolf priest and is getting the dead that way, he has to reveal the true info for fear of getting caught out

As Angus said, if there's a wolf in the backroom then all they do is tell Frank what the role is and there's no benefit, aside from handing wolves info

Ya it’s not a good idea. Everyone will just say they’re NRV
    You’re running the risk of outting others and a wolf is hardly likely to say oh ya I’m a wolf!

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    As Angus said, if there's a wolf in the backroom then all they do is tell Frank what the role is and there's no benefit, aside from handing wolves info

Unless there is an SK in one of the backrooms and no wolf.

Or Frank could be the SK.

It's actually better if nobody claims their role at all unless absolutely necessary imo. THAT INCLUDES NRVS.

Higher chance of a slip being caught in that situation.

Obviously if we have a seer still with us I trust their judgement on when to reveal but on the whole the less reveals, the better.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

If there is a wolf in each backroom they can rule out NRVs from each of their rooms and go after the remaining characters. That’s a great plan for wolves if they are in the districts.

• Advertisement

Im spitballing here guys, because we dont have a way to verify Frank otherwise.

Ok yeah that's another possible scenario. But, based off Frank's own points - how would he know about Abigail being Caesar if he wasn't a wolf?

And I'm stating he's a wolf here, but that's the kinda point that leads me to think that IF (big if imo) Frank is lying then he's a wolf, not the SK.

Ok yeah that's another possible scenario. But, based off Frank's own points - how would he know about Abigail being Caesar if he wasn't a wolf?

And I'm stating he's a wolf here, but that's the kinda point that leads me to think that IF (big if imo) Frank is lying then he's a wolf, not the SK.

Aggghhh *not stating he's a wolf

I dont know! I dont have all the info. Maybe Coin gets the name of her kills. Maybe she is a priest herself. Im getting all this down in case i die (which i think is unlikely). I know it would be great to have a core by now, but im not sure we do. Id love to be proven wrong on that; thats why im exploring the options.

Aggghhh *not stating he's a wolf

Freudian slip there Gabey?

Freudian slip there Gabey?

Simple typo is all, trying to post at work while avoiding being spotted (Garda Commissioner on site today)

I dont know! I dont have all the info. Maybe Coin gets the name of her kills. Maybe she is a priest herself. Im getting all this down in case i die (which i think is unlikely). I know it would be great to have a core by now, but im not sure we do. Id love to be proven wrong on that; thats why im exploring the options.

Yeah fair enough, no harm in exploring the possibilities.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Guys, I'm gettin anxious about this frank reveal. I think we need it at least a few minutes before munch. I have information that will confirm or deny if he's right, but If i get munched it dies with me

Can you give it to your backroom at 9.59.59

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Can't be backroom related for other reasons.

Advertisement