Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Piotr Nielubowicz, CFO at CD Projekt RED, talked about a "line-up" of games at E3 this year. Cyberpunk will be front and centre, but I wonder if they'll say anything about this other AAA RPG they're working on. Wouldn't be surprised if it's set in the Witcher universe.

I'd imagine any games from CDPR are in the same universe. Fully expecting to meet and do a few missions with Ciri in Cyberpunk, and it's already hinted at. If done right (and I trist CDPR to do this), any future games could tie in together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am disappointed that Playstation tapped out from E3 this year due to having nothing to show.

There was always a bit of craic at E3 watching the Xbox conference and then the Playstation conference to see what each had.

Its always good to see Xbox making a great effort but it's a little deflating this year that Playstation packed it in after last years diastererous E3. I am sure they'll be back with more to show at E3 2020 and I'll look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

4/10. Can do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Are things usually leaked by now or am I wrong. Not a lot of buzz anyway about anything but Cyberpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ERG89 wrote: »
    Are things usually leaked by now or am I wrong. Not a lot of buzz anyway about anything but Cyberpunk

Nothing to leak, this gen is done and dusted. Pretty sad really.

All focus is now on PS5 and Nextbox but nothing to show of them till this time next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Last of Us 2 *mic drop*

The Playstation conference over the last few years have felt like they couldn't be bothered.
    Not surprised they pulled out and want to host their own "coming soon" event. They don't need E3.

I actually thought they made too much of an effort and in doing so shot themselves in the foot.

Instead of doing a short compact show they created an elaborate event designed to fill the games gap they have and fill the 1hr event. Attendees were rushed from stage to stage during the 1hr slot with distractions ran by some kind of NFL commentary panel to distract viewers from seeing the crowds being rushed from a "The last of us 2" themed set to a "Ghost of Tsushima" themed set and so on.

Digital foundry said it was exhausting running from set to set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What a sad sad individual.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't know where people find the energy for it in 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't know where people find the energy for it in 2019.

For trolling? Yeah, it baffles me too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would love a Skate 4

Want to also see more of the new Grid game

Wow, you lads seem really disheartened about Playstation not showing up.

I wouldn't be. There will be some Playstation announcement from the car park at E3 or nearby. I'd take bets on it.

While Xbox smashes E3 Playstation will make some announcement to try take a small bit of the hype off Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Nintendo is an interesting one this year. I expected Mario Maker to be the headline but they did the direct already. Another Pokemon direct next Wednesday. They'll probably have more news on 2019 games with maybe one or two new announcements. And maybe Smash's next fighter "available now"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo will have some surprises. They always do. Pretty sure we will see some Metroid Prime as well even if it's a short clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hey I'm normally one of the first to call FS out on his anti-PS rhetoric, but he's not wrong in his description of last year's E3 event for Sony. I thought it was quite elegant and definitely something different, but it was very poorly executed, confusing and they went too far with it. They had some great trailers, but it was a hard conference to watch.

At least give FS a chance to shout "THAT'S IT! MICROSOFT HAS WON THIS YEAR'S E3!!!!" before accusing him of trolling. We should take bets as to how long into the MS conference it takes; I predict 17 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Oddly enough, I'm excited for Halo 6 and Gears 5, both of the previous ones were solid entries (well, Halo 5's multiplayer was anyway, and hopefully gears 5 gets away from those microtransaction crates that it was riddled with). Both will be in game pass from day 1 also, so no outlay needed.

Other than that, I dunno if I'm really excited for anything - I think I might just be a bit burned out from having a massive backlog, that I don't really need another influx of titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm hoping Ubisoft will show some Watch_Dogs 3 and announce an autumn release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would love a Skate 4

Want to also see more of the new Grid game

Microsoft "hey guys we heard you wanted Skate 4.... Well here's a cheap knock off that still won't be out by next E3"

Hoping EA pulls out the Skate 4 announcement on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nintendo will have some surprises. They always do. Pretty sure we will see some Metroid Prime as well even if it's a short clip.

I want more Luigi's Mansion information!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Given that development was scrapped and started again, I doubt we'll see anything of any substance, other than another tease. (If even that much!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is a serious risk that the main series Pokémon games for Switch are going to be a LoZ:BTW style extravaganza at E3.
    Assuming that the new games have the same kind of scale and environmental depth as that game this could the game of 2019, and I don't even like Pokémon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No chance of a legend of dragoon remaster or a sequel if sony won't be there this year, I'm very disappointed .
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Ubisoft will show some Watch_Dogs 3 and announce an autumn release date.

Same here, it will fill the void left by no assassins creed .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    There is a serious risk that the main series Pokémon games for Switch are going to be a LoZ:BTW style extravaganza at E3. Assuming that the new games have the same kind of scale and environmental depth as that game this could the game of 2019, and I don't even like Pokémon!

They are doing a direct before then.
    Unfortunately I don't think they'll do that even tho the series is in desperate need of a facelift. Looking at what's been shown of the game it doesn't look like a significant enough home console upgrade from the 3DS ones; they'll run better tho.
    Nintendo will show Animal Crossing & Luigi's Mansion 3. I don't think either will be a huge departure from the 3DS ones as they kinda perfected the formula in those games. Maybe they'll offer better co-op & graphics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Star Lord wrote: »
    Given that development was scrapped and started again, I doubt we'll see anything of any substance, other than another tease. (If even that much!)

Yeah but think they will give a tease to convince us it's coming.

Would love to see Pikmin 4... or even a btw pikmin 3 is on the Switch. Pikmin 3 was far away the game of the year it came out, better than Last of Us. Fact.

Penn wrote: »
    Hey I'm normally one of the first to call FS out on his anti-PS rhetoric, but he's not wrong in his description of last year's E3 event for Sony. I thought it was quite elegant and definitely something different, but it was very poorly executed, confusing and they went too far with it. They had some great trailers, but it was a hard conference to watch.

At least give FS a chance to shout "THAT'S IT! MICROSOFT HAS WON THIS YEAR'S E3!!!!" before accusing him of trolling. We should take bets as to how long into the MS conference it takes; I predict 17 seconds.

Thought the Sony conference was over produced tripe. I'm glad they are going with the Direct style. I think it will serve them really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think after the year Sony revealed Final Fantasy and Shenmue, they realised they made a mistake revealing them so early and couldn't really do much to match or top it after that. Nintendo realised it with Wii U but tried to cover themselves by switching to Directs.
    I think Microsoft and the other conferences will go that way as well. Though with a supposed 2 hour show from MS, I'd be surprised if they don't reveal the next gen. I know they have Halo and Gears and will likely have a number of Third Party games, but to stretch it out to 2 hours, to show anything further out, would likely be next gen.
    Unless we get long demos.

But Nintendo's the only one I watch all of, while others are background. Though I believe MS is Sunday this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Is anyone actually excited for anything this year outside of laughing at the cringe as usual? I'm hungry for Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay and details. Really not sure if they'll pull it off and I'm hoping some non-scripted gameplay might give me a clearer picture what it's really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think after the year Sony revealed Final Fantasy and Shenmue, they realised they made a mistake revealing them so early and couldn't really do much to match or top it after that. Nintendo realised it with Wii U but tried to cover themselves by switching to Directs.
    I think Microsoft and the other conferences will go that way as well. Though with a supposed 2 hour show from MS, I'd be surprised if they don't reveal the next gen. I know they have Halo and Gears and will likely have a number of Third Party games, but to stretch it out to 2 hours, to show anything further out, would likely be next gen.
    Unless we get long demos.

But Nintendo's the only one I watch all of, while others are background. Though I believe MS is Sunday this year

Microsoft could have early stuff to show from those new studios they bought over the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

IMG20190511003642.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement