Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »

Unless one is Saints Row V they can f**k off tbh, even then THQ haven't really made much to boast about as Darksiders 3 seemed to be a budget title with a full price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

with sony gone what have we this e3? im trying to think is there anything worth tuning into, will microsoft go big with the new console or anything? EA can fcuk off with the mess they have made of bioware. The pc show.....although thats historically **** :D

I admit I almost always enjoy the Ubisoft show. Cringy 'Just Dance' and fake team-chat gameplay videos aside, Ubisoft make some damn good trailers for games (regardless of how downgraded or otherwise sh*tty the games end up being).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think Sony are having a drought as such. We still have The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and a few smaller titles coming in the next year. What Sony don't have to show this year is what's coming out beyond 2020 due to the PS5 coming out late 2020 (most likely). I do agree that there'll probably be fewer exclusives going forward regardless, and Sony probably won't return to E3, but in terms of a drought we're still getting the usual amount of PS4 exclusives we've been getting for years, especially with TLOU2 being one of the most anticipated titles for many years now.

It's a drought but it happens every platform every now and then.

Death stranding is out in November and the last of us 2 is delayed until February 2020 but should have been later this year. That leaves only Ghost of Tsushima for 2020 which means there will be quite a games gap.

They'll be back at E3 2020 with a few games to show and PS5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bloodlines 2 will be part of pc game show.

https://twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1136301656595980289?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

bloodlines 2 and a possible new xbox is exciting stuff i suppose, wish xbox would follow sonys lead on new exclusive sp games though, this gen has been a bit of a one sided story with sony vs microsoft imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Looks like MS may strike first, interesting... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Varik wrote: »
    Only game there with the unending development is cyberpunk which isn't an exclusive at all so no idea what you point is, kinda bemusing you're including Days gone or death Stranding also.

Days gone was only announced in 2016 apparent development start in 2015 so pretty normal development cycle. Death stranding a little later, Kojima only free mid 2015 and only started his new company and announced any Sony partner ship at the end of the year. Naughty dog only released Uncharted 4 in mid 2016, so would had have people shifting to Last of us as they freed up from that.

Cyberpunk was just an example of games taking entire gen's to see light, nothing exclusive about it.

The game started off as Silent Hills before the kojima / konami fiasco and still is taking years to come to fruition since kojima was on that since 2012.

Uncharted 3 was released 2011, uncharted 4 was 2016, a 5 year gap, half a decade later. And today naughty dawg said they're taking all ps3 multiplayer servers offline for Uncharted and the last of us.

days gone was started in 2015, not 2016 and delayed constantly till it's 2019 release..almost another half decade.

Last of us was released last gen in 2013 on PS3, and it's 2019 and still 6 years on we have not seen it's sequels release.
    Penn wrote: »
    Agreed. Even Spider-Man was released about 2 years after being announced, and Ghost of Tsushima was announced late 2017 and will be released early next year. In most cases, you're talking about games being released within about 3 years of being announced.

Announced and begun production are two different things and still means you have at best a single game release for that title in one gen cycle which is the point i was trying to make.

Ghost of Tsushima doesn't even have a release date, and spiderman was started in 2014, so 4 years was better than some development cycles of "exclusives" but not much better to barely fit in this gen.

Looks like the rumours about new Borderlands 2 DLC could be true https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/5/18654630/borderlands-2-commander-lilith-free-dlc-borderlands-3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not really interested in Triple A games anymore so hoping for a few surprises this year and to hear from the smaller publishers. Also would like to know what 13 Sentinels is and when it's out. That game has been in development limbo for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Google's conference tomorrow. I don't see what they have not working like they say. They aren't some small time kickstarter company. They could release that at anytime with a small download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

There's a Google games conference? when's it on, tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There's a Google games conference? when's it on, tomorrow?

Today at 5pm

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Google's conference tomorrow. I don't see what they have not working like they say. They aren't some small time kickstarter company. They could release that at anytime with a small download.

They seem to have sparked up quite the partnership with Ubisoft, be interesting to see outcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SharpCoder wrote: »
    They seem to have sparked up quite the partnership with Ubisoft, be interesting to see outcome.

Ubisoft jump on every console at the start and support them. Always Ubisoft titles at launch for consoles. So them partnering with Google isn't too big a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

THQ Nordic getting out ahead of the pack with a trailer for the next Darksiders game, a Diablo style ARPG spin-off prequel featuring the fourth Horseman, Strife.

gizmo wrote:
    THQ Nordic getting out ahead of the pack with a trailer for the next Darksiders game, a Diablo style ARPG spin-off featuring the fourth Horseman, Strife.

People really liked the first 2 Darksiders games but I feel like they don't have the money to make another like that. I feel this is why THQ Nordic hasn't made another Saints Row even though an actual fun, co-op GTA clone isn't exactly a bad idea right now.
    This Darksiders game sounds like such a bad idea to change the genre of a series just to keep it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah for fecks sake! I adored the first 2 Darksiders, were exactly the kind of games I like and an interesting enough story. Darksiders 3 was meh, and I traded it in but hoped that I could pick up the 'complete' or 'GOTY' version with all the fixes, but now they go and announce that the 4th game in the series is a completely different game?! What a kick in the teeth for long time fans. I've no interest in the ARPG isometric view games. I'm actually really annoyed at this move. As said above, it bangs of a lack of money. Guess I'll never find out how it ends.

This is another one of those times that Boards needs a dislike button.

ERG89 wrote: »
    People really liked the first 2 Darksiders games but I feel like they don't have the money to make another like that. I feel this is why THQ Nordic hasn't made another Saints Row even though an actual fun, co-op GTA clone isn't exactly a bad idea right now.
    This Darksiders game sounds like such a bad idea to change the genre of a series just to keep it going.
    This seems like it's just an exercise in generating more revenue from a known-IP. The studio they've tapped for it, Airship Syndicate, was formed by former Vigil Games staff with the intent of making Joe Madureira's Battle Chasers game. From THQ's perspective, they're a known quantity making another entry in a relatively popular series with a design that allows them to keep the development budget down - it makes complete sense in that respect.

What's important to note here is that it's not Darksiders 4, it's a spin-off prequel. Given the fact that Darksiders 3 at least made it's money back, I'd hope they continue with the mainline series even if they need to scale back some of the open world elements in order to reign in the budget a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If it is a lack of money, should it not be applauded that they are trying to finish the 4 horseman story by doing something different instead of just abandoning it?

I loved the first game. Hated the second, the loot ruined it and I didn't finish it. I'm gonna pick up the third when it's on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

J. Marston wrote: »
    If it is a lack of money, should it not be applauded that they are trying to finish the 4 horseman story by doing something different instead of just abandoning it?

I loved the first game. Hated the second, the loot ruined it and I didn't finish it. I'm gonna pick up the third when it's on sale.

Got the third in argos the other day for €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

That looks more like a twin stick shooter than an ARPG to me,which would mean ive no interest.

looks like tomb raider: guardian of the light, which i enjoyed playing co-op with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I have only completed the third Darksiders game but really enjoyed it despite some technical issues with it. I started the first one after 3 but got stuck very early (some platform with waves of enemies, the last two of which always destroyed me) and dropped it. Keep meaning to go back to it. I have the second but not played it yet. I'm not a fan of isometric view games so will probably pass on the new one.

Stadia stream seems ok. They confirmed the poorly kept secret that Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian is real with a trailer, albeit they showed zero gameplay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mindflayers? Ah **** no :/

FIFA 20 confirmed to no one's surprise. Also, hate the whole 'click like if you agree with my very generic and Popular opinion'. Am I right guys? Hit the thank button if you agree with me!

https://twitter.com/Nick28T/status/1136649365584433154?s=19

..for those that missed it.

Oh looks to be Jon Bernthal in the Ghost Recon game.

• Advertisement

Oh looks to be Jon Bernthal in the Ghost Recon game.

Yeah he was introduced in the latest dlc for Wildlands

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ooh just heard on Splitscreen that Clint Hocking is involved in Watch Dogs 3. Think that’s his first game since Far Cry 2? If it displays that same sense of ‘let’s just ****ing go for it’, it’d be the first open world Ubisoft game I’d be interested in for a good few years now (Beyond Good And Evil aside, although still have no idea what the hell that will turn out like).

Ooh just heard on Splitscreen that Clint Hocking is involved in Watch Dogs 3. Think that’s his first game since Far Cry 2? If it displays that same sense of ‘let’s just ****ing go for it’, it’d be the first open world Ubisoft game I’d be interested in for a good few years now (Beyond Good And Evil aside, although still have no idea what the hell that will turn out like).
    It is indeed, saw someone on my Twitter feed mention it yesterday and it reminded me how much of a ****ty time the dude has had jumping between companies and projects that didn't go anywhere.

With Starlink out just last year and the rest of the projects in Toronto being support for the Montreal studio, there's a strong indication he's had his own full sized team on the go since rejoining Ubisoft. Could definitely end up being something cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

gizmo wrote: »
    THQ Nordic getting out ahead of the pack with a trailer for the next Darksiders game, a Diablo style ARPG spin-off prequel featuring the fourth Horseman, Strife.

Darksiders official Twitter later confirmed this is NOT Darksiders 4. That by all accounts thats still being worked on. So that's good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

THQ Nordic 3rd game is another remake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair revealed;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Damn I was so excited. And then seen it was not a full on 3d platformer. I'll still pick it up but I'd prefer if it was like the first.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1137008560553021440

A flaky quality trailer is in that link;

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1137008560553021440

A flaky quality trailer is in that link;

Apparently, if someone had access to that video, then they had access to all of Microsofts videos for the show. Massive spoilers are probably coming if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I wondered if it was going to be a new world entirely when the rumours began swirling, didn’t expect to be right though.

Very much looking forward to seeing how that pans out, could be something special.

• Advertisement

Rumours saying it (Elden Ring) will be officially unveiled during the MS press conference.

The game we all thought was Skate 4 but turned out to be Session will not be at E3 this year as confirmed by creator. He said they aren't ready and working hard to resist on Xbox early access.

I thought it was exclusive but turns out to be 3 month exclusive and then free to go to other consoles.

If Skate 4 is announced by EA, will be an awful blow to it.

5.30pm (9.30am PST): Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    6.00pm (10am PST): Apex Legends
    6.30pm (10.30am PST): Battlefield V
    7pm (11am PST): FIFA 20
    7.30pm (11.30am PST): Madden NFL 20
    8pm (12pm PST): The Sims 4

Oh christ, the cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

A few months from releases but the AI needs tweaking.....

talking about Jedi Fallen Order fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Star wars looks a bit boring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've got to admit, Star Wars looks.... slightly disappointing. I'm trying to remember my reaction to the Titanfall 2 trailers, because I think I dismissed that too, and that turned out awesome. I'll give Respawn the benefit of the doubt until the reviews start coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks incredibly generic. Unimaginative level design.

Takes place between episodes 3 and 4 yet seems to take most of it's inspiration from the latest movies.

Kylo Ren freeze time and the droid design from rogue 1.

And the obligatory wiffle bat lightsaber that clips through everything like plants without damaging them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It looks like the Force Awakens. Nothing in that demo wasn't done in TFA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement