Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Calhoun wrote: »
    One thing I'll say also is that party HQ won't be happy with a TD saying our papers are essentially not trustworthy.

Yeah, she's turned the media against her there. In times when she needs a friend, she's not really helped herself.

"Humanity has been crossed", an instant classic. I'll whip out that line the next time I receive a bad pour in the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This should come as no surprise. These people have utter disdain for the ordinary working person. How dare they be questioned on it.

You can tell from the figures on housing that she's doing a great job as CHAIR of the Committee on Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government:
    https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/committees/32/housing/members/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Rumour has it the Diageo Marketing team are to sponsor the now infamous swings and put Bailey's Cream logo's on the floor:

Bailey's... For when you need a pick-me-up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Clips on news at mo

Car crash material

She comes across as an entitled rude cow

I’d say she was well drunk on the night. She can’t even recall how many glasses and bottles she had in her hands ffs.

Hope the voters turf her out ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

jon1981 wrote: »
    Yeah, she's turned the media against her there. In times when she needs a friend, she's not really helped herself.

Especially at a time when the government are trying to say that traditional media is more trustworthy than crap online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

so she had a bottle of beer in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other and she was reaching for her friend and something about mobile phone. you don't have to be a judge to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Odhinn wrote: »
    But yer man did get her to admit those expenses were covered by her private medical insurance, so she wasn't in fact out of pocket to that amount.

As she said, not everything is covered by private medical insurance, she just wanted her 60k excess covered. Which is reasonably fair given the seriousness of the injury and no-fault nature of the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

so she had a bottle of beer in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other and she was reaching for her friend and something about mobile phone. you don't have to be a judge to figure it out.

For someone from FG to figure out they're in the wrong takes a full court press and a judicial inquiry...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Did I hear someone say that she received approx €160,000 in a settled claim from her ex employers Aer Lingus ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭cmac2009

"Humanity has been crossed", an instant classic. I'll whip out that line the next time I receive a bad pour in the local.

The line doesn't even make sense ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

"I'm a strong female politician and some people don’t like that"

The sexism card. Truly the last act of the scoundrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did I hear someone say that she received approx €160,000 in a settled claim from her ex employers Aer Lingus ?

:eek::eek:
    It was that high? In 2004? What the f**k was it for, did someone push her out of a Plane?

And at a time when Aer Lingus were already in trouble. She's the model we need as a politician... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Rumour has it the Diageo Marketing team are to sponsor the now infamous swings and put Bailey's Cream logo's on the floor:

Bailey's... For when you need a pick-me-up

That's not true. The signs are going on the ceiling! They'll be easier to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

great fodder here for oliver Callan

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

My advice to her is stop doing media interviews, take a week long holiday in Lanzarote or somewhere like that, and by the time she comes back, the news cycle and social media will have moved on to something else.

Going on SOR is just further fueling the fire and keeping her at the centre of attention and only someone who enjoys being the centre of attention would opt for that.

And just when FG had gotten over the NCH fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Could be an ad for Ryanair as well.

Want a swinging time? Come to Ireland on very low fares!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

I thought the article in the paper yesterday was the worst it could get for this woman, but that interview takes the title, absolutely glorious!
    She is delusional beyond belief, "I went to Marley Park with my friends, sat on the grass, watched a band and then went home."

Also, the way she kept condescendingly saying, "Seán", really boiled my blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My god just as you had thought that this story had died in walks Maria with a can of petrol to throw onto the embers.

She was asked did Joesepha Madigan advise her in relation to the case and she refused to answer so now we know that Madigan was advising her

She refused to answer what was in her second hand but also blurted out about a bottle of wine

And the story of how much drink she had sounds like a crock of sh1te too, one glass of wine in Sandyford at pre-drinks in a friends house, yeah right :rolleyes:
    Then in the hotel she buys a drink "which I didn't consume" but upstairs she is hanging out of a swing with a bottle of beer in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other whilst trying to lurch over to her friend who was taking a selfie If that doesnt conjure up an image of someone who was absolutely locked I dont know what would.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

PCeeeee wrote:
    P Flynn was exactly who I thought of

It made me think of his daughter Beverley.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Am I alone in thinking Bailey has a point? I listened to her interview.

Why not let the judge decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I only heard the interview the once but I think there was a section where SOR spoke about businesses being on their knees due to the claim culture and she said but those were false claims. Who is she to decide if other peoples claims were genuine while her own provable sham of a case was entitled to go before a judge. I mean she can't have it both ways, that she is entitled to bring a claim but others aren't.

Varadkar will have no choice but to give her a chance to resign before referring her to the National Council.

If she's learned anything from this morning, she needs to stop drawing attention to herself, and resign from the FG parliamentary party.

Incredible how she believes the world is agin her, and doesn't appear to see any problem with her actions on the night, let alone swearing false information in court documents.

I thought she was going to go full Aoife McGregor at one stage (The NNNNeccCCKK on yOu, yOu dOn'T KnoW mY liFFFFe")

Radio gold forever.

Why not let it go to court then and have the judge decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    My god just as you had thought that this story had died in walks Maria with a can of petrol to throw onto the embers.

She was asked did Joesepha Madigan advise her in relation to the case and she refused to answer so now we know that Madigan was advising her

She refused to answer what was in her second hand but also blurted out about a bottle of wine

And the story of how much drink she had sounds like a crock of sh1te too, one glass of wine in Sandyford at pre-drinks in a friends house, yeah right :rolleyes:
    Then in the hotel she buys a drink "which I didn't consume" but upstairs she is hanging out of a swing with a bottle of beer in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other whilst trying to lurch over to her friend who was taking a selfie If that doesnt conjure up an image of someone who was absolutely locked I dont know what would.

Twice now we have examples of how FG TDs acting irresponsibly in licensed premises due to the demon drink.

FG want to target the off-licences though, because drinking a can at home is one step away from killing your mam and eating her entrails.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Am I alone in thinking Bailey has a point? I listened to her interview.

Why not let the judge decide?

if thats her view, then why did she pull the claim??

she pulled the claim because she was caught out lying.

THATS the problem people have with her

• Registered Users Posts: 19,220 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

No wonder the legal advice was to drop the claim. She would have been woeful under cross examination.

Sean had umpteen opportunities to bury her, from the inconsistencies about the circumstances leading up the incident (it was one friend, one bottle of beer, then there were friends plural and a bottle of wine), to putting it to her that just because she was injured doesn't mean its okay to sue, to asking her why her specific claim says she is seeking compensation in the court writ when she says she wasn't looking for any, to why if she was just looking for payment of medical expenses why didn't she take the case in the district court which has a limit of 15k - enough to cover those expenses, to her later confirming the hotel paid her expenses!?!, ask her when her court pleading was amended - was it before or after the story broke about the 10k, to whether she was now going take issue with her own solicitor who said she had an open and sut case or words to that effect, as that advice would land any solicitor in trouble... it goes on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I thought the article in the paper yesterday was the worst it could get for this woman, but that interview takes the title, absolutely glorious!
    She is delusional beyond belief, "I went to Marley Park with my friends, sat on the grass, watched a band and then went home."

Also, the way she kept condescendingly saying, "Seán", really boiled my blood.

as if sitting on grass is no big deal with a back injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Why not let it go to court then and have the judge decide?

Because her own antisocial media posts contradicted her affidavit.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    if thats her view, then why did she pull the claim??

she pulled the claim because she was caught out lying.

Probably because of journos and media attacking her?

This thread was started before she pulled the claim.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement