Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is there a mechanism for the electorate in her constitutency to force a by-election?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

She fails to see that it is her own dishonesty that has painted the target on her own back. Nothing else. The waffle about dark campaigns to take her down is hilarious.. She's a nobody. She's not newsworthy in any sense.

What has made her newsworthy is how her greed, dishonesty, arrogance and hubris has undone her. Her own actions.

"very clear about my values"

indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Is there a mechanism for the electorate in her constitutency to force a by-election?

I was just thinking that, many would have voted for her also because of the FG membership. If she's kicked out then...

Though I still think LV would need solid grounds to kick her out. She hasn't been convicted of fraud so that can't really be used against her. But what can given what we know?

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Lads, laaaads, it's up to a judge to decide if she was holding items in both hands or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Odhinn

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Haven’t heard such arrogance since Padraig Flynn with his three houses

Fair play to Sean O’Rourke

His only fuck up was not to ask her why, if she was only looking for expenses, she was looking for 64k instead of the 7k she says they totalled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭mikemac2

jon1981 wrote: »

Isn't that pretty much the same thing? Or would she still hold her seat, albeit as an independent?

It’s not uncommon for people to get expelled from parties. Happens now and again

She would still hold her seat as an independent. FG cannot take her seat, only the voters of Dún Laoghaire can do that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Madigan has a sign on the FG notice board in the canteen "have you had a fall..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Suckit wrote: »
    Christ, sounds like she's using her Cousin Harris's statements with a little of her own flavour thrown in.

Feel sorry for ME.
    I'M victim here.

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1132975716365144065

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

I was down in Garryvoe at the weekend and I was HORRIFIED that there were young children using swings UNSUPERVISED!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Odhinn wrote: »
    His only fuck up was not to ask her why, if she was only looking for expenses, she was looking for 64k instead of the 7k she says they totalled.
    He was playing it well not going into it too aggressively. She did all the hanging herself, she can't accuse him of ganging up on her. All he needed to do was to keep her talking and more she said worse it got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

This is amazing, i called this on another online forum but essentially i said she would try and turn herself into the victim on this one and show shes a strong independent woman (because Ireland loves its strong fair women who are put down by a man).

Normally though they wait a little bit before going on the offensive, and work with their colleagues to try and rehabilitate their image.

Damn them keyboard warriors https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-bailey-sean-o-rourke-4655253-May2019/.

meeeeh wrote: »
    He was playing it well not going into it too aggressively. She did all the hanging herself, she can't accuse him of ganging up on her. All he needed to do was to keep her talking and more she said worse it got.

There was point sor went totally silent and she sang and sang

• Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Odhinn wrote: »
    I'll answer that the way Maria Bailey would:
    "I was following legal advice"

That bullshít didn't wash with John Delaney last month, it won't work here either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The absolute brass neck. She has to go. The arrogance and assumed invinciblity of this FG crowd is astonishing.
    The interview is just amazing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 greenboat

Hi, this leech sounds like she is the alter ego of John Delaney!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"I am a STRONG female politician, and I will not be bullied"

F*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

the judge will decide whether she was holding the swing with both hands

would love to see judge Judy try the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

We need more women in politics, they are more transparent and honest, the media and feminists say. #LOL

I don't think what is it isn't between her legs played a part in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Birneybau wrote: »

It’s bad when her own cousin (Harris) has turned on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

Sean O Rourke missed two open goals. Twice she mentioned all she wanted was medical expenses of 7k but he never said why were u claiming 60k?

She scored enough own goals herself but he missed the big question imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Suckit wrote: »
    "I am a STRONG female politician, and I will not be bullied"

F*ck off.

Is that not a quote from South Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

golfball37 wrote: »
    Sean O Rourke missed two open goals. Twice she mentioned all she wanted was medical expenses of 7k but he never said why were u claiming 60k?

She wasn't seeking compensation apparently :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Birneybau wrote: »

It’s bad when her own cousin (Harris) has turned on her.

At one point he was about to break his hole laughing when asked what he thought of the interview. I couldn't believe it.

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Is that not a quote from South Park.

Vice principal strong woman... Genius

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

So Josepha madigan was her solicitor at the time , you can't make this **** up.

He didn't in a way, it's even better her didn't as most people listening are like your lying ****.

She is a condescending ****e though, how dare the rte pleb have this level of insolence and ask her question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Odhinn

But yer man did get her to admit those expenses were covered by her private medical insurance, so she wasn't in fact out of pocket to that amount.

One thing I'll say also is that party HQ won't be happy with a TD saying our papers are essentially not trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

reaction on the interview now on radio one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

This should come as no surprise. These people have utter disdain for the ordinary working person. How dare they be questioned on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement