Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

meeeeh wrote: »
    Listening to it. It's a disaster. Did she actually ask anyone in FG if she should go on radio?

FG HQ did not know she would be appearing on the show. They had Regina Doherty booked in but were caught off guard with Baileys appearance. Well played SOR.

I agree Josepha Madigan needs to be disciplined by the party or resign for advising Bailey to take a dodgy case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

lol

https://www.balls.ie/athletics/maria-bailey-laments-poor-10km-time-411273

Maria Bailey, has opened up about her disappointing performance in Dún Laoghaire's 'The Bay 10k' run in 2015, admitting that her time of 53mins 56secs was not up to her own standards.

The Fine Gael TD pulled no punches in an interview with RTÉ Radio 1's Sean O'Rourke, responding to his remark that the aforementioned 10km time was "pretty good" with an abrupt "Not for me."

In truth however, a time of 53:56 (gross result) was no small feat, given she was racing just three weeks after sustaining a fall from a swing in a Dublin hotel and undergoing "intensive physio" in the build-up. Not only that but when we consider her time in previous years, her 2015 performance was quite impressive. The result was only 44 seconds slower than her time of 53:12 (gross result) in 2014 and far above her 2012 performance, when she ran a time of 58 minutes and 20 seconds.

That being said, it was over a minute longer than her best 'The Bay 10k' run of 52:21 in 2013.

Speaking about her performance, Bailey told O'Rourke:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Christ, sounds like she's using her Cousin Harris's statements with a little of her own flavour thrown in.

Feel sorry for ME.
    I'M victim here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1132939009368444928?s=19
    A text from a Fine Gael TD: "She can make another personal injury claim now, for a ****ing car crash."

#TodaySOR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I agree Josepha Madigan needs to be disciplined by the party or resign for advising Bailey to take a fraudulent case.

To be fair, lets hold judgement there. Madigan can only put together a case based on what Bailey told her.

You'd be assuming Madigan helped her concoct a story. We don't know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

"I play fair" repeatedly uttered

Sure you do

Sure you do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Questions about the bottles - 'Sean we have to talk about our judicial system' rofl

her retelling of the events are hilarious

Questions about the bottles - 'Sean we have to talk about our judicial system' rofl

I believe in the judiciary here

Let me be very clear - blah de blah

• Advertisement

"I never claimed for compensation"

What. The. Absolute. F**k.

I'm not sure that this woman is all there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Can’t wait for the news at 1pm on RTÉ to replay this.
    This story shows no sign of dying. FG need to find a way of killing this quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Haven’t heard such arrogance since Padraig Flynn with his three houses

Fair play to Sean O’Rourke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

IMG-20190527-124746.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Haven’t heard such arrogance such Padraig Flynn with his three houses

P Flynn was exactly who I thought of

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Gave it a second listen there while sitting down for lunch. An instant classic - perfect in every way.

Everything she says is hilarious... "upfront and with integrity"

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

she has to lose her seat if she dares standing in the next election the lying cheating bitch

Here's the question for Leo:

What if she refuses to stand down? Can she be fired? If she's fired, on what grounds? FG would have to be extremely careful because Bailey could take a case and we all know she has experience in taking cases against people!). So FG may have no option but to wait until the next election.

She was told that she had a clear case... yerra you did not. Might have had a case based on lies but you've been undone by your own arrogance and self importance. Your love of social media has undone you.

Own it and knock off the victim act.

"Filled out an affidavit with the best intentions'

• Advertisement

jon1981 wrote: »
    Here's the question for Leo:

What if she refuses to stand down? Can she be fired? If she's fired, on what grounds? FG would have to be extremely careful because Bailey could take a case and we all know she has experience in taking cases against people!). So FG may have no option but to wait until the next election.

nobody can 'fire' her

she can be removed from the Parliamentary Party

Can’t wait for the news at 1pm on RTÉ to replay this.
    This story shows no sign of dying. FG need to find a way of killing this quickly.

You can listen to it here https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0527/1051931-maria-bailey/

Virgin Media news saying FG were not aware she was doing the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

She managed to withdraw her claim and somehow make herself look even worse due to her doubling down in that car crash of an interview. Quite the feat.

"Humanity has been crossed".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Madigan pimpin her business around the Dáil :)

lawred2 wrote: »
    nobody can 'fire' her

she can be removed from the Parliamentary Party

Isn't that pretty much the same thing? Or would she still hold her seat, albeit as an independent?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

With pay

Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

No. She's a TD. That can't be taken from her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

We need more women in politics, they are more transparent and honest, the media and feminists say. #LOL

lawred2 wrote: »
    No. She's a TD. That can't be taken from her.

So she'd become an independent?

• Advertisement

So she'd become an independent?

pretty much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement