Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mechanic's whistle from Regina when asked for her reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The mystery of what the other hand was doing continues...

With the other hand, she was trying to save a baby that someone had recklessly tossed into the air. Actually she's a hero... in her own head.

We need an independent judicial inquiry into the second hand. Only a judge can establish this.

so she single handedly contributed to her own demise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,113 ✭✭✭✭zell12

so she single handedly contributed to her own demise
    Well
    "I had a beer in my hand and next thing I knew I was on the floor"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

She kinda did let it slip about the 2 hands...something along the lines of 'I had a bottle of beer in one hand and I was reaching for my friends phone.......'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hurrache wrote: »
    "I am a strong female politician and some people don't like that.....I won't be bullied by keyboard warriors".

Playing the sexism card and mother of two cards now, she's going all in.

That is the female equivalent of the playing the race card.

She is goosed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

She's a fully grown adult who fell off a swing and wanted money for it.

That's bad enough but to then go on national radio and try to defend that and paint yourself as a victim, surely someone should be advising her better here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Anyway of listening to MB's interview?

Podcast after the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

It'll be on the rte player after 12 when the show finishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

She's a fully grown adult who fell off a swing and wanted money for it.

That's bad enough but to then go on national radio and try to defend that and paint yourself as a victim, surely someone should be advising her better here.

I don't know what's more striking, the fact that she even needs advice.. or that she clearly didn't get any. Hoping she was indeed left without any kind of backup and to 'defend' herself the indefensible.

I cannot believe she actually started playing the victim card re: being a female politician, bla bla bla.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just leaving a customer's office and have a bit of a drive, didn't get the interview but sounds like I need to look up the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Most likely advised by her father who is accustomed to brazening things out in the low-stakes world of local politics.

But when you're an ambitious TD with the Eye of Sauron of national media and Twitter on your case, it's not just not a good idea to display your brass neck like that.

Whoever said it was reminiscent of Pee Flynn was dead right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What show would the podcast be under?

Car Crash Radio Show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Today with Sean O'Rourke. They usually put up each segment after the show so you wont have to wade through the entire thing to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,693 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Today with Sean O Rourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,668 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Just leaving a customer's office and have a bit of a drive, didn't get the interview but sounds like I need to look up the podcast.

Buy yourself a packet of biccies* and make a nice cup of tea Johnny. It will be a tea break to remember. :) I never heard anything quite like it.

*Splash out...chocolate Kimberleys!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,840 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sean o Rourke radio one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

zell12 wrote: »
    Car Crash Radio Show

Or would it be AA Roadwatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1132950765033725953

She's the collateral damage !!! Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fotish

She’s not doing female politicians any favours either, also landed that Madigan one on the dung heap as well.

What genius decided that she should go on national radio and make it worse ? I’ve not heard the interview but given that the Taoiseach wasn’t very happy about it yesterday should have been the hint to shut up about the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Josepha Madigan needs to be hauled in over it too.

The fcuking shady sneaky world these treacherous leeches exist in needs to be exposed for all to see.

Just do a hard weeks work like the rest of us plebs have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Fotish wrote: »
    She’s not doing female politicians any favours either, also landed that Madigan one on the dung heap as well.

While we definitely need more female politicians, FG should really consider who they're backing just to fill quotas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Josepha Madigan needs to be hauled in over it too.

The fcuking shady sneaky world these treacherous leeches exist in needs to be exposed for all to see.

Just do a hard weeks work like the rest of us plebs have to do.

What did she do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Fotish wrote: »

Yes and rightly so. I don’t think it should be forgotten that it was Josepha Madigan who advised her to take the case. She’s equal parts, if not more at fault here. The legal profession in this country are the ones encouraging claims such as this. FG are so out of touch with reality on this issue. Insurance costs are one of the biggest issues in this country at the moment and for 2 of their TDs to be caught out in this let’s be honest, fraudulent claim, is hugely damaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

givyjoe wrote: »
    What did she do?

It was her legal firm that took the case and advised Bailey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement