Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400+ Migrants Take Over CDG Airport, Demand A Stop To Deportations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

beejee wrote: »
    When the next economic meltdown comes along there'll be hell to pay across Europe.
    That's just one cyclical factor (rise and fall of stock markets), there are several other risks:

i) Automation: Wiping out 40%c of the workforce by 2030's (mostly low-skilled occupations, as favoured by non-eu-undocumented migrants). Even the (tax free) black labour market will take a hit.

ii) Conflict: Even a small (internal) conflict in Libya this year might see +1m enter the EU (illegally). But currently battlegroups are encircling Iran, that would be a very different cup of tea if it kicked off. Even little Rockeman Kim, has the potential to bring 90% of the west down with just 1 or 2 throwing sticks.

iii) Climate change: (see also iv below) Rather than the current spin for political ends. The West should be making practial inroads to actually help A&ME. Ideally 'green' power plants (not opening 50yr coal mines as China has there), and share technological advancements in horticulture.

iv) Colonisation: Going forward, 'Africa's ass' may well be owned by the mighty China. Who (by 2060) will have the GDP of USA & USE{EU} (combined). An African takeover wouldn't be a great surprise to anyone. So rather than brain draining, or general mass migration from the 2bn (expected 2050) in the world's fastest growing states, help them help themselves, and with that establish balancing influence there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Not easy to solve a housing crisis when the yearly net migration is higher than the total number of houses being built

Don't be redicolous, immigration has absolutely no effect whatsoever on housing demand, surely the media would say so otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kivaro wrote: »
    Regarding the Izevbekhai case; it cost us over €1 Million fighting the various legal cases she brought against the State. The Gardai had to fly to Nigeria to prove she was lying.

It is one of the reasons why there are so many Nigerians in the country today. After that case, the Government pretty much gave up fighting the extraordinary amount of Nigerian asylum cases before the courts. We couldn't afford it back then.

It was crazy times back in those days. Welfare payments were being paid directly into Nigerian banks for Nigerian social welfare recipients here before the government decided to stop it.

Remember the 2004 referendum where 70% plus voted to end the anchor babies racket, fintan o tooles piece the day before the vote had the following headline

" we are better than this"

The green party, the soc dems, sinn fein, Labour and of course RTE, are all pushing to overturn that electoral choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

lol The Daily Heil.

Brilliant!
    So this never happened, there is no issue at all with migration, everyone has open minded western values, and we should worry about nothing.

Phew, thanks for setting my mind at ease there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I can never understand these people. If they don't like it in France (or any other European country), then go home. Nobody asked them to come. As the old saying goes, 'Give an inch and they will take a mile'

At least they are being honest. There are plenty of people who do not believe in borders, who just say what they are against (like opposition to 'fortress Europe') without explicitly spelling out what they envision for the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Let them protest; it's as french as cheese, wine and smoking.

But continue with the deportations.

This one's not complicated.

How thoughtful of them to congregate in a place when they can easily be dispatched back to their country of origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Remember now. We need these people to pay for our pensions....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭enricoh

The homeless industry need these people to keep the crisis going.
    get mcverry to charter a plane and load up, maybe rte can make a documentary out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

enricoh wrote: »
    The homeless industry need these people to keep the crisis going.
    get mcverry to charter a plane and load up, maybe rte can make a documentary out of it!

Same with the Asylum industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Coming to Ireland very soon if we don't start voting nationalist parties in. I suggest people give Lauren Southern's excellent Youtube documentary Borderless a watch if you get the time really exposes the truth about the asylum industry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Coming to Ireland very soon if we don't start voting nationalist parties in. I suggest people give Lauren Southern's excellent Youtube documentary Borderless a watch if you get the time really exposes the truth about the asylum industry.

It's excellent
    YouTube took it down already but a backup has been uploaded.
    More censorship

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

I think we are past the point where they should be arrested.

They should be arrested, detained, processed, deported and then barred from reentering the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    They should be arrested, detained, processed, deported and then barred from reentering the EU.

For protesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Have to come of welfare first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

MrFresh wrote: »
    For protesting?

They’re illegal anyway. What gives them the right to protest in a foreign country. They broke the number one rule. So why should they have any rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

I never heard about this, and I read the news everyday. Definitely they are covering this stuff up. Cant rely on the media these days, they have turned into a propaganda machine, deciding what stories to publish to suit their agenda, deciding what comments to delete if they have a comment section at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't agree with what the protesters are looking for but like I said earlier, protesting is quite common in France.

When in Rome do as the Romans do, kinda thing?

Lets hope that the ones that stay adopt the culture and customs of the French as readily as they have done in this instance, and not just the ones the suit them.

They’re illegal anyway. What gives them the right to protest in a foreign country. They broke the number one rule. So why should they have any rights?

What's the number one rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

400 isn't too many, wasn't there circa 3,000 camping out recently, along the River Seine in ole Paris before getting dispersed.
    Many (from outside the EU) aim for Calais, to get taken across and make their applications in uk/Ire, where their preference of not carring ID isn't such a prerequisite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭malinheader

Perfect time to get a jumbo ready to take them all back to where they belong. Don't bother worrying about their rights, they shouldn't be there in the first place. Simple solution.

• Advertisement

Perfect time to get a jumbo ready to take them all back to where they belong. Don't bother worrying about their rights, they shouldn't be there in the first place. Simple solution.

What about basic human rights?

They broke the basic human rights when they illegally entered a country without following one of its main rule. Then proceed to disrespect the country aswell.
    No sorry you have no rights when you disobey it’s laws especially when you are not a citizen of that country. No sympathy. You go to their country and trust me they’d treat you a hell of a lot
    Worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Wishy washy as they say the states

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭malinheader

Is that the basic human rights of the people of the country's that they land in illegally and cause havoc and disruption. I totally agree that the basic human rights of the people of the countries that they have entered illegally should be protected.

They broke the basic human rights when they illegally entered a country without following one of its main rule. Then proceed to disrespect the country aswell.
    No sorry you have no rights when you disobey it’s laws especially when you are not a citizen of that country. No sympathy. You go to their country and trust me they’d treat you a hell of a lot
    Worse.

It doesn't seem like you know what human rights are.

It doesn't seem like you know what human rights are.

Oh trust me. I know what human rights are. But to even claim human rights imo you must be seen fit in the eyes of the law. And these people are law breakers therefore they don’t qualify for basic human rights. Defend them all you want. In ten years time you’ll look in the mirror and say “why didn’t I just listen!”

Is that the basic human rights of the people of the country's that they land in illegally and cause havoc and disruption. I totally agree that the basic human rights of the people of the countries that they have entered illegally should be protected.

The right to due process.

Oh trust me. I know what human rights are. But to even claim human rights imo you must be seen fit in the eyes of the law. And these people are law breakers therefore they don’t qualify for basic human rights. Defend them all you want. In ten years time you’ll look in the mirror and say “why didn’t I just listen!”

You quite clearly don't know what human rights are. You don't have to meet a certain standard to be granted human rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

these people are law breakers therefore they don’t qualify for basic human rights

I'll stop you right there. You don't understand human rights in the slightest if this is your take.

Your username begins with a D - therefore I decree that you are not sheltered by human rights standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no they didn't. they broke immigration law if they entered illegally, and protesting is not disrespecting a country.
    No sorry you have no rights when you disobey it’s laws especially when you are not a citizen of that country.

i'm afraid you do, and rightly so.
    No sympathy. You go to their country and trust me they’d treat you a hell of a lot
    Worse.

irrelevant.
    it's unlikely there would be takers from the west to go to their countries anyway, and 1 country behaving in a certain way does not mean other countries should follow and even start treating people either from the badly behaving country, or other similar countries, the same as the badly behaved country may treat it's own citizens or others.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

The right to due process.

You quite clearly don't know what human rights are. You don't have to meet a certain standard to be granted human rights.

Quite clearly you don’t know what imo means do you?

Advertisement