Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tenet (Christopher Nolan) *spoilers from post 475*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I look forward to the inevitable flame war over the film, and Nolan's relative genius :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

I look forward to a film I will likely find entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what worth going to see in the cinema in the meantime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So only a hundred fifty cinemas around the world will be able to show it in it's full IMAX splender.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Could be the Howard Hughes film he wrote years ago. It was abandoned because of Scorsese's film, but Nolan has repeatedly said he plans to make it eventually. However, as a historical film involving planes it might be too similar to his last film.

Around the time of TDK Emma Thomas said he was interested in doing a Jaws-style horror film and a western.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm, Jaws style eh; Christopher Nolan does a Creature Feature. That'd be something to see and then some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It would be hilarious if they just marketed it as the next Christopher Nolan film, no info released at all about what is it or what it's about, not even a title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

It would be hilarious if they just marketed it as the next Christopher Nolan film, no info released at all about what is it or what it's about, not even a title.
    They wouldn't dare - his films are too expensive to risk an underwhelming box office take - but it'd be refreshing all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Ireland needs an imax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,876 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Que the Hans Zimmer "BWAHHHHHHHHHH" in the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

471519.jpg

You saw it here first :)

Interesting. I hope they do an Inception though and keep it well under wraps until at least Feb 2020 - No teasers, no trailers. Nothing. Just confirm that Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine and Jessica Chastain are in it and Hanz Zimmer is busy writing his music and that it's a head-melter (In the best possible way)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

This is starting to roll - JD Washington, Elizabeth Debicki and Robert Pattison all cast or circling confirmation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pattinson says he's been sworn to secrecy about the script:
    I got locked in a room to read the script – I don't have it myself. I've been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there's just something about Chris Nolan's stuff. He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it's unreal.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

Twilight reboot

nailed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Memento is his only decent movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Memento is his only decent movie.

Ahhh stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

A spy thriller
    Starring John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Just started filming

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/05/christopher-nolan-tenet/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finally .. A Name! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Variety describes it as an "action epic evolving from the world of international espionage". It's being shot in 7 countries.

Also, two notable Nolan regulars are sitting this one out:

- No Zimmer. Swedish composter Ludwig Göransson, best known for Creed and Black Panther, is doing the score. I don't recall either score. Are they good?

- No Lee Smith, who has edited every Nolan film since Begins. Lee is being replaced by Jennifer Lame, who is best known for her work with Noah Baumbach and other not exactly action heavy films.

Nolan is presumedly going for something very different stylistically with this one.

So a Bond by any other name? Not like his name hasn't been bandied about as a popular choice in the past.

• Advertisement

Could be. Nolan doing an actual Bond film was never going to happen, so I'll be glad if he's doing his own take on it without the baggage and enforced mediocrity of the franchise itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Oooooh. This is gonna be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

- No Zimmer. Swedish composter Ludwig Göransson, best known for Creed and Black Panther, is doing the score. I don't recall either score. Are they good?

Ludwig won the original score Oscar for Black Panther (not sure if that is good or bad :D)

Elizabeth Debicki has some form in "the world of international espionage": she was the baddie Victoria Vinciguerra in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. a few years ago. I wonder whether she's the baddie here too? :p

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    Elizabeth Debicki has some form in "the world of international espionage": she was the baddie Victoria Vinciguerra in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. a few years ago. I wonder whether she's the baddie here too? :p

This is Nolan so dead wife would be a safer bet. :p

This is Nolan so dead wife would be a safer bet. :p
    Nolan doesn't have much of a track record with female leads, but she and Pattinson are the leads here, so it could be that Nolan is looking to change things up. The score will be by Ludwig Göransson, not Hans Zimmer.

— Kingsley Amis

teaser is in US cinemas before the fast & furious spin off
    a proper online version must be imminent
    https://twitter.com/filmPurist/status/1157145612749434885?s=20

EA7LGYwUcAIZmEd?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So... it's about the reversal of time.

Time travel baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Why did that guy reverse the trailer? That's not how it was shown, as evidenced by other links to the original video on Twitter... I'm just not sure what the point of reversing it was.

Uh, first blush, that's a terrible trailer. Confusing and underwhelming at the same time, I'm not sure what to take from it at all. Discordant scenes mashed together.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Why did that guy reverse the trailer? That's not how it was shown, as evidenced by other links to the original video on Twitter... I'm just not sure what the point of reversing it was.

godamn i was getting excited by the backwards trailer

peteeeed wrote: »
    godamn i was getting excited by the backwards trailer

Ha. I fell for it. I thought it was reversed. Hate when people do that on the internet. No its not funny its douchebagery! :pac:

Ha. I fell for it. I thought it was reversed. Hate when people do that on the internet. No its not funny its douchebagery! :pac:

100% ....unless chris nolan and his brother see it and think hold on :)

• Advertisement

Guessing game time!

I say it's an robot/android! The language was didn't say he!
    Android investigator scoping out a scene where bullets have pierced glass. Touching the glass to android-tech-gather some samples.

Slydice wrote: »
    Guessing game time!

I say it's an robot/android! The language was didn't say he!
    Android investigator scoping out a scene where bullets have pierced glass. Touching the glass to android-tech-gather some samples.

He's wearing some sort of breathing apparatus in the final shot though, so probably not a robot/android.

I'm gonna go with some sort of multiple-universe shenanigans. Equally, this could be Nolan's take on a Lion King remake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Tenet is a palindrome. He could also have called the film Navan.

It's settled then

The film will be about an Android-Robots transition to full humanity whilst enduring the trials and tribulations of daily life in Navan in order to traverse to an alternate Universe where Navan is _in fact_ called Tenet!

Brilliant! *starts writing oscar nomination* :D

In any case it's not a spy movie for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'll have to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

It's Chris Nolan! It's gonna be great. Toffee popcorn bought and ready to smuggle into cinema.

In any case it's not a spy movie for sure.

Not a conventional spy movie perhaps, the same way Inception wasn't a convention heist movie, but I don't think anyone was expecting anything less from Nolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eastenders and Yesterday actor Himesh Patel joins

It's worth noting also that there is a real person named George Tenet: the US Director of Central Intelligence from 1997-2004. From Wikipedia: "A 2005 Inspector General's report found that Tenet bears "ultimate responsibility" for the United States intelligence community's failure to develop a plan to control al Qaeda in the lead-up to 9/11."

— Kingsley Amis

Hopefully this should be quality

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/tenet-explained-christopher-nolan-details-plot-release/

Quality Director and Cinematography support - tick
    Quality Cast - tick
    Big Budget ($225 million) to shoot the lights out with 7 locations ranging from the UK to Italy to Estonia to Indai - tick
    Who doesn't love an auld thriller - tick

With the copious amount of forgettable shyte cramming up the cinemas in the last 5 to 10 years, this is something to look forward to.

Thought that Dunkirk was an excellent cinema experience and this is shaping up to be another one.

edit - fixed link

That link isn't working, I think this is the one you wanted:
    https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/tenet-explained-christopher-nolan-details-plot-release/

It's likely gonna be
    Secret Agent Time-Travel/Manipulation
    SciFi from what I can tell

Slydice wrote: »
    That link isn't working, I think this is the one you wanted:

It's likely gonna be
    Secret Agent Time-Travel/Manipulation
    SciFi from what I can tell

yeah posted it in the wrong place and link chopped when copied !

What?!? Again!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement