Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan) *spoilers from post 475*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I look forward to the inevitable flame war over the film, and Nolan's relative genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I look forward to a film I will likely find entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what worth going to see in the cinema in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So only a hundred fifty cinemas around the world will be able to show it in it's full IMAX splender.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Could be the Howard Hughes film he wrote years ago. It was abandoned because of Scorsese's film, but Nolan has repeatedly said he plans to make it eventually. However, as a historical film involving planes it might be too similar to his last film.

Around the time of TDK Emma Thomas said he was interested in doing a Jaws-style horror film and a western.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm, Jaws style eh; Christopher Nolan does a Creature Feature. That'd be something to see and then some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It would be hilarious if they just marketed it as the next Christopher Nolan film, no info released at all about what is it or what it's about, not even a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

It would be hilarious if they just marketed it as the next Christopher Nolan film, no info released at all about what is it or what it's about, not even a title.
    They wouldn't dare - his films are too expensive to risk an underwhelming box office take - but it'd be refreshing all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brevity

Ireland needs an imax.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Que the Hans Zimmer "BWAHHHHHHHHHH" in the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

471519.jpg

You saw it here first :)

Interesting. I hope they do an Inception though and keep it well under wraps until at least Feb 2020 - No teasers, no trailers. Nothing. Just confirm that Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine and Jessica Chastain are in it and Hanz Zimmer is busy writing his music and that it's a head-melter (In the best possible way)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

This is starting to roll - JD Washington, Elizabeth Debicki and Robert Pattison all cast or circling confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pattinson says he's been sworn to secrecy about the script:
    I got locked in a room to read the script – I don't have it myself. I've been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there's just something about Chris Nolan's stuff. He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it's unreal.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

Twilight reboot

nailed on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Memento is his only decent movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Memento is his only decent movie.

Ahhh stop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

A spy thriller
    Starring John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Just started filming

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/05/christopher-nolan-tenet/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finally .. A Name! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Variety describes it as an "action epic evolving from the world of international espionage". It's being shot in 7 countries.

Also, two notable Nolan regulars are sitting this one out:

- No Zimmer. Swedish composter Ludwig Göransson, best known for Creed and Black Panther, is doing the score. I don't recall either score. Are they good?

- No Lee Smith, who has edited every Nolan film since Begins. Lee is being replaced by Jennifer Lame, who is best known for her work with Noah Baumbach and other not exactly action heavy films.

Nolan is presumedly going for something very different stylistically with this one.

So a Bond by any other name? Not like his name hasn't been bandied about as a popular choice in the past.

• Advertisement

Could be. Nolan doing an actual Bond film was never going to happen, so I'll be glad if he's doing his own take on it without the baggage and enforced mediocrity of the franchise itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brevity

Oooooh. This is gonna be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

- No Zimmer. Swedish composter Ludwig Göransson, best known for Creed and Black Panther, is doing the score. I don't recall either score. Are they good?

Ludwig won the original score Oscar for Black Panther (not sure if that is good or bad :D)

Elizabeth Debicki has some form in "the world of international espionage": she was the baddie Victoria Vinciguerra in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. a few years ago. I wonder whether she's the baddie here too? :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

bnt wrote: »
    Elizabeth Debicki has some form in "the world of international espionage": she was the baddie Victoria Vinciguerra in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. a few years ago. I wonder whether she's the baddie here too? :p

This is Nolan so dead wife would be a safer bet. :p

This is Nolan so dead wife would be a safer bet. :p
    Nolan doesn't have much of a track record with female leads, but she and Pattinson are the leads here, so it could be that Nolan is looking to change things up. The score will be by Ludwig Göransson, not Hans Zimmer.

teaser is in US cinemas before the fast & furious spin off
    a proper online version must be imminent
    https://twitter.com/filmPurist/status/1157145612749434885?s=20

EA7LGYwUcAIZmEd?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So... it's about the reversal of time.

Time travel baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Why did that guy reverse the trailer? That's not how it was shown, as evidenced by other links to the original video on Twitter... I'm just not sure what the point of reversing it was.

Advertisement