Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan) *spoilers from post 475*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Possibly pay per view from home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ipso wrote: »
    Possibly pay per view from home.

I can’t see Nolan going for that.

I can’t see Nolan going for that.

notwithstanding any concerns about home viewing not being cinematic the 205 million budget would probably rule it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Could be by far the most expensive non grope-y drive in movie ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Has anyone seen the prologue ??

F*ck me !!!

I cannot wait for this, and I don't mind waiting either if it's delayed, will be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I did if it's the same thing.. big kinda opening mission right? I think I laid it out as best I can remember in this post.
    Slydice wrote: »
    What was in it? Well..

This is very rough, some elements of this are gonna be hazy from my memory and I'll probably miss bits but..

Slydice wrote: »
    I did if it's the same thing.. big kinda opening mission right? I think I laid it out as best I can remember in this post.

Yeah seems to be opening mission - in a concert hall, **** the music, the action ... jesus this is gonna be EPIC!!!!!

And I hadn't seen this teaser either ...

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

this is going to be insane. i will happily pay for every seat in the cinema if it means getting to see it in july.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Has anyone seen the prologue ??

F*ck me !!!

I cannot wait for this, and I don't mind waiting either if it's delayed, will be worth it.

Didn’t know about it until I saw your post, what is going on in it?

At the end
    some guy gets shot when the other is trying to take the bomb away, but how is he shot?
    maybe the footage I watched isn’t great but it looks like the main character bends down
    to pick up the bomb and a guy puts his gun to his head and then as the main character looks at the bomb some sort of chewing gum is near it and next thing the guy behind him is shot.

• Advertisement

At a guess, this is where John David Washingtons character
    goes all-in for his mission and dies and so proves he can be allowed into the reverse time program/organisation. It might even be setup by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Maybe it's obvious and has been speculated by many already (I haven't been following the chatter on this movie) but is there a Sapphire and Steel vibe off this? "Time has come..." in the title cards. Is time a literal entity in this? Is the main character an agent of time, correcting/protecting the flow of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Where can I watch the prologue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I just googled it and found a reddit thread I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Bacchus wrote: »
    Maybe it's obvious and has been speculated by many already (I haven't been following the chatter on this movie) but is there a Sapphire and Steel vibe off this? "Time has come..." in the title cards. Is time a literal entity in this? Is the main character an agent of time, correcting/protecting the flow of time?
    As a youngster I could never understand how sapphire and steel were classified as elements in the intro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I just googled it and found a reddit thread I think

Hopefully they will stick a proper version up on YouTube before the movie releases

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

As a youngster I could never understand how sapphire and steel were classified as elements in the intro.

David McCallum was in that show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

branie2 wrote: »

David McCallum was in that show

Yeah, and Joanna Lumley. I remember it as a bit off the rails, and slow, but that was a generation ago. I think I'll try and track it down, as apparently it was well written and quite clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

New trailer today apparently ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement

TomSweeney wrote: »
    New trailer today apparently ..

Just hit now..

https://youtu.be/Qb3C77rJ8U4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

100% deserve to be banned from the internet for life for that.

its a Rick Roll.

Well.. that was wierd.. watching a youtube gaming streamer.. playing fortnight.. watching a trailer .. in the game!

Classic Christopher Nolan move! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yeah, and Joanna Lumley. I remember it as a bit off the rails, and slow, but that was a generation ago. I think I'll try and track it down, as apparently it was well written and quite clever.

Very cheap and quite confusing, was only nine or ten when it was on, lots of metaphorical stuff from memory

On youtube now:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I still don't get the core conceit here; isn't it just time flowing backwards? what would be the benefit in that?

Also, have to laugh at the distinctly English Kenneth Branagh once again playing a Russian mob leader :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

IM IN , take my money

• Advertisement

I'll definitely go to see it but am beginning to tire of the Nolan/Zimmer "big" look and sound if I'm honest

Advertisement