Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I really hope Earl makes it this time. Last 2 times he was on a lineup in Ireland he cancelled twice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Julien Baker added from All Points East. Wouldn't have minded Bon Iver or Tallest Man In Earth too. Maybe they will be at ATN? Don't think there's enough there to get me to go for a weekend or even a day tbh. Are many more acts expected to be announced?

Actually looking again Ry X and Saint Sister on the Monday are very good. If a few more are added to Monday I might be tempted. Very tempted by All Points East on the Sunday

Spiritualized are going to be playing the Monday also apparently https://twitter.com/PMcLoone/status/1101249485647298565?s=19

Anyone know if the latest acts added will be the last announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Anyone know if the latest acts added will be the last announced?

more to come,

Some international and irish acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

stage breakdowns:

36f1efaa-033d-4dc4-8026-108254d80f74.png

f61e08aa-b873-4950-b220-79a4ddaacbe7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Daniel Avery > Mall Grab > Jon Hopkins!!! That would be some evenings entertainment. Kinda wish I could go to this now.

Anyone know how well it's selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just seen in my Facebook feed that First Aid Kit have cancelled their European tour and that Fontaines DC have been added to the lineup.

The Facebook news came with this message from the sisters:
    " We’re devastated to have to cancel the planned summer dates this year. We were super excited to play, but because of unforeseen medical circumstances, we simply cannot do the shows. All will be okay and we look forward to seeing you soon again. Lots of love and magic from Stockholm,
    Klara & Johanna. "

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I just seen in my Facebook feed that First Aid Kit have cancelled their European tour and that Fontaines DC have been added to the lineup.

There goes their Festival Exclusive for ATN:pac:

• Advertisement

I suppose its because POD run both though, so they can get away with it if it was another festival or event though it could be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Special place in hell for the person that came up with the “festival exclusive” concept. Deprives people of good shows on one hand and is a cynical marketing ruse on the other. Neither are good.

POD look like amateurs on this one IMO. Why say it in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wasn't really following this, but just saw this morning that Elbow, Spiritualized and Fontaines DC were playing on the FF Monday. Was super excited. Would be a great 4 or 5 hours music in a lovely location (weather dependent). But so disappointed when I found out that Elbow and Spiritualized are both headlining, so presumably will be clashing. Couldn't pick between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

FF-Monday-Stage-Times.png

Less amount of acts this year for the smaller irish stage.

Original Stage: Elbow, Fontaines DC, Juilen Baker, Glasshouse perform Bon Iver.

Undergrowth Stage: Spiritualized, Ry x, Saint Sister, Barns Courtney

Someplace Else X District : I have a tribe, Insideawave, Join Me in the pines, Pillow Queens, Toucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Thanks for that. That wouldn't be too bad. Based on that, could get all of Spiritualized, and then trot over to main stage for most of Elbow.
    I'm sure they are rough times for last year, and might be different this year.
    Good to get a gauge, though. Cheers,
    Would be worth 40 or 50 quid if weather is decent i.e. dry would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Any chance they show the Champions League Final on the Sat you reckon?

Any chance they show the Champions League Final on the Sat you reckon?

I'd doubt it just with the size of it but you'd never know. Worth asking direct cos if they get enough interest they might

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Thanks for that. That wouldn't be too bad. Based on that, could get all of Spiritualized, and then trot over to main stage for most of Elbow.
    I'm sure they are rough times for last year, and might be different this year.
    Good to get a gauge, though. Cheers,
    Would be worth 40 or 50 quid if weather is decent i.e. dry would do.

ece43bf1-e7e5-45c9-95fa-d1f2f7837f55.png

279b9c3c-5e5f-4842-a400-e8dc6bf68636.png

f03894ac-76b6-4fba-a692-1880f5bf3cee.png

fbf7c9cc-5881-4827-89d7-ffdeda2d2965.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Same to say the Undergrowth tent is going to be absolutely rammed again this year on the Sunday... Just picked up Sunday tickets today, looking forward to it as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Why do the smaller stages finish at 9.30 on the Monday?

An hour for Spiritualized is b0ll0cks tbf

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've seen almost all of them recently bar Laurent Garnier who I would love to catch

Seen him 5 years ago in what was the Village in Dublin at the Greenhouse Heineken festival on Paddy's Weekend, class act!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Not surprising to see all day/weekend tickets still available!

There will hardly be freebies or competitions for tickets for the Monday if it's not selling? Wouldn't mind going but not too pushed enough to pay full price

There will hardly be freebies or competitions for tickets for the Monday if it's not selling? Wouldn't mind going but not too pushed enough to pay full price

Probably pick up some on the cheap on Toutless or Ticket Drop on Facebook. Got two Sunday ones for €100 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BemusedKettle

How strict be security on the way in to this, can any seasoned veterans tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

How strict be security on the way in to this, can any seasoned veterans tell me?

Depends on what you're trying to sneak in I suppose?

Been the last few years, last year was fairly strict tbf.

I hope you are not going to get a repeat of the 2017 weather this year, it looks like that same build up of drizzle, clouds and showers with the odd sunny spell.

I hope you are not going to get a repeat of the 2017 weather this year, it looks like that same build up of drizzle, clouds and showers with the odd sunny spell.

That was horrendous on the Sunday - lashed rain and every crowded into the tent where Fatima Yamaha was playing. Surprised didn't didn't get injured!

• Advertisement

That was horrendous on the Sunday - lashed rain and every crowded into the tent where Fatima Yamaha was playing. Surprised didn't didn't get injured!

Monday was a lot worse, an absolute downpour.

Advertisement