Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Everything I want to see is slotting in beside each other perfectly. Very happy about this.
    With the exception of a small overlap of peggy gou and meute on Sunday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday : Cromby, Prospa, Daniel Avery, Mall Grab, Hoppidy Johnnie Blumpkins
    Sunday : Ross From Friends, Polo & Pan, Peggy Gou, Meute, Laurent Garnier, Paulie K

Hope the rain stays away as much as possible. Everything is in tents for me and if it rains they'll be even more jammed than they already will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any decent after party’s this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    all on website....
    https://www.forbiddenfruit.ie/after-party

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Mall Grab is playing in the button factory, fancy that myself.

Anyone know if Earl Sweatshirt is still playing? He is schduled to play in Ontario tomorrow according to setlist.com

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Not the best weather wise. Few showers throughout the day. Tents will get rammed once rain starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well how did Saturday go folks, I hope it wasn't too much a wet one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Bit rainy during the headline set but nothing that would send you running for a tent. Also didnt last very long.

Earl Sweatshirt was good in a very, very relaxed sort of way. A great lyricist and rapper but not a showman. He basically just ran through his set with a static dj and 40 seconds of repeating clips rolling on screen.

Danny Brown is the opposite, the complete performer, a great presence live with the perfect main stage set, lights strobing, visuals popping, dj and performer leaping about the stage and getting the audience pumped. Plenty of hits in there the crowd went crazy for.

Skepta isnt really my thing but he did put on a good show compared with the last time I saw him in the Electric Arena at EP 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Bring cash people.. bars only with 2 cash machines so it'll be far quicker if you've cash to buy drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Don’t know if anybody will get this who’s at the gig but just wondering if anyone selling tickets down there. Ticketmaster van, touts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wouldn't fancy it now myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was there yesterday, much younger crowd than the last few years and the Overgrowth tent rammed as always from 6. Think they really need to change who plays were as Laurent Garnier & Paul K were always going to get huge crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

How did Fontaines DC work on an outdoor festival stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How did Fontaines DC work on an outdoor festival stage?

Really good, I was massively impressed by the sound. Themselves and Elbow were a nice catharsis after a heavy weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Was there yesterday, much younger crowd than the last few years and the Overgrowth tent rammed as always from 6. Think they really need to change who plays were as Laurent Garnier & Paul K were always going to get huge crowds.
    Does Garnier still play proper techno or has he mellowed a bit with age? He was one of my favourite djs back in the 90s/00s.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Does Garnier still play proper techno or has he mellowed a bit with age? He was one of my favourite djs back in the 90s/00s.

Mellowed very slightly but still a great set! I'd say he felt ancient on Sunday with all the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Billy Mays wrote: »

It varies depending on where he's playing. The festival sets will always be a bit more mellow. I saw him for the first time in a club in Paris last summer and it was a proper set.

I hope ye all had a savage weekend im sickened I couldn't make it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Agree, they need a bigger tent for it IMO. Something along the lines of electric arena. Laurent Garnier was 6 or 7 rows deep outside the tent apparently ( we were inside for it)

I don't think i'll go on a Sunday again. The crowds were insane, massive queues for everything. Saturday was a dream in comparison. (Didn't go Monday but if it was anything like last year i'd assume the place was fairly quiet - if not quieter because of the weather)

We struggled to figure out why the Sunday is always busier - i'd have thought Daniel Avery and Jon Hopkins would draw in a larger and younger crowd compared to Garnier and Kalkbrenner.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ended up going on yesterday(got a free ticket) , only caught Fontaines DC and Elbow.

The atmosphere was a weird one when we came in, def a good few younger people there at that stage. Like they had this little marquee/tent banging out dance **** i just felt it didnt really go with the line up imo.

The weather was a bit of a pain but sure that's to be expected, Fontaines were a bit meh for me , just felt it was the same riff being played for every song and it just got boring for me. They did get a decent crowd tho and the people up and the front seemed to love it.

Elbow were great as usual and was glad that it had stopped raining before they came on because i had decided one more rain shower and i was heading off. Grounds for Divorce is such a tune to hear live and perfect to end with.

It did seem to fill up when Elbow started but it def wasnt sold out and i say there were plenty of people who had been given freebies. By the time they were on the majority of the crowd were def 30's and up

Korvanica wrote: »
    Agree, they need a bigger tent for it IMO. Something along the lines of electric arena. Laurent Garnier was 6 or 7 rows deep outside the tent apparently ( we were inside for it)

I don't think i'll go on a Sunday again. The crowds were insane, massive queues for everything. Saturday was a dream in comparison. (Didn't go Monday but if it was anything like last year i'd assume the place was fairly quiet - if not quieter because of the weather)

We struggled to figure out why the Sunday is always busier - i'd have thought Daniel Avery and Jon Hopkins would draw in a larger and younger crowd compared to Garnier and Kalkbrenner.

We were only saying afterwards it will probably be our last year going on the Sunday unless someone I absolutely want to see plays again (on par with Paul Kalk this year). Think this was my 5th year there on the Sunday but it's just getting less appealing (that could be the age thing too... :pac: only 28 but Jesus the crowd this year was young).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm 28 as well and I've started to notice it too :( 18 year olds look like 12 year olds to me now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Went the Monday and i have to say it was some of the finest music i've heard spread over 3hrs at a festival. Started with the Fontaines DC who were top class and then onto Spiritualized who were fantastic and finishing with Elbow who were excellent to top it off. Sound couldn't be faulted.

Advertisement