Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2019

Options
  • 03-12-2018 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭

Saw on another fan prediction website for Primavera Sound that Solange is bound for Forbidden Fruit.

Pure rumour.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Saw on another fan prediction website for Primavera Sound that Solange is bound for Forbidden Fruit.

Pure rumour.

Didnt she only headline Longitude this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Primavera announcing at 5pm on Wednesday, should give an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Didnt she only headline Longitude this year??

She did

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

More speculation than anything but Bon Iver, Mac Demarco, First Aid Kit, John Grant, The Tallest Man on Earth, Julien Baker, Snail Mail and Kokoko are all playing All Points East festival on the Sunday of same weekend so might see a few of them here.

I know Bon Iver played in 2017 and played Sounds from a Safe Harbour in Cork that year too so could do either/both again this year. First Aid Kit played POD's All Together Now in August. Don't think The Tallest Man on Earth has played here since 3 years ago so could be due a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah could be some good guesses. Generally Forbidden Fruit seem to have two days mainly dominated by electronic music or hip hop and the Monday is more chilled. Last year they shared a lot of acts with All Points East and Primavera, I would expect an announcement before Christmas but would guess maybe The Chemical Brothers, Mac Demarco & Foals or Bon Iver on the Monday.

• Advertisement

Yeah could be some good guesses. Generally Forbidden Fruit seem to have two days mainly dominated by electronic music or hip hop and the Monday is more chilled. Last year they shared a lot of acts with All Points East and Primavera, I would expect an announcement before Christmas but would guess maybe The Chemical Brothers, Mac Demarco & Foals or Bon Iver on the Monday.

Oh yeah forgot about Primavera too. Was thinking there would be a line-up announcement out before Christmas alright so hopefully in the next week or 2..

Eod100 wrote: »
    Oh yeah forgot about Primavera too. Was thinking there would be a line-up announcement out before Christmas alright so hopefully in the next week or 2..

line up from 5pm (CET) tomorrow via Primavera Radio

line up from 5pm (CET) tomorrow via Primavera Radio

Ah cheers. Meant the FF line up though, but be interesting to see Primavera's anyways!

Ah cheers. Meant the FF line up though, but be interesting to see Primavera's anyways!

As a guess

Hot Chip/Solange for sat

Metronomy/Maribou State sunday

Christine & Queens/Beach House for the monday

All Points East festival

Just announced the lineup for Fri 31st May:

BRING ME THE HORIZON
    RUN THE JEWELS
    NOTHING BUT THIEVES
    IDLES
    SCARLXRD
    YONAKA

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Just announced the lineup for Fri 31st May:

BRING ME THE HORIZON
    RUN THE JEWELS
    NOTHING BUT THIEVES
    IDLES
    SCARLXRD
    YONAKA

RTJ, Scarlxrd and Idles fit and perhaps Yonaka.

Can't get enough of IDLES at the min, love to see them at FF or ATN

Primavera line up out. Wouldn't mind seeing Big Red Machine, Interpol and James Blake play FF.
    Solange, Tame Impala, Cardi B, J Balvin, Erykah
    Badu, Future, Janelle Monáe, Nas, and Rosalía. Others on the bill include Deerhunter, Big Red Machine, Mac DeMarco, FKA twigs, Liz Phair, Robyn, Carly Rae Jepsen, 070 Shake, James Blake, Danny Brown, Slowthai, Clairo, Jarvis Cocker’s JARV IS, Snail Mail, Interpol, Suede, Kali Uchis

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Tame Impala for sure

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be happy with Tame Impala subbed by Interpol :)

Dunno does this imply it will be Big Red Machine's only gig in Europe during the summer..

https://twitter.com/aaron_dessner/status/1070732728256118784

Heard they aren't that great live, would rather see both acts separately.. The National and Bon Iver seem to be two of the bigger acts doing festivals next summer so hopefully we will get them across FF, ATN or EP!

Heard they aren't that great live, would rather see both acts separately.. The National and Bon Iver seem to be two of the bigger acts doing festivals next summer so hopefully we will get them across FF, ATN or EP!

Yup same tbh, but wouldn't mind checking them out all the same. Or Sounds from a Safe Harbour, surely 1 of them at least :)

Yup same tbh, but wouldn't mind checking them out all the same. Or Sounds from a Safe Harbour, surely 1 of them at least :)
    Stick to solo gigs if you can.

Stick to solo gigs if you can.

For Bon Iver and the National? Try to get to any ones here alright but would be interested to hear BRM (but not over either sold). Planning to catch the National at ATN :)

• Advertisement

FF early bird tickets on sale now. Only for 24 hours and no line up. Not liking this trend of tickets being sold without any idea of artists tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

For Bon Iver and the National? Try to get to any ones here alright but would be interested to hear BRM (but not over either sold). Planning to catch the National at ATN :)

I prefer Volcano Choir (old Justin Vernon side band) to BRM. I would def go see BRM play regardless as I've a fan of both Bon Iver and The National. I can see Bon Iver playing Ireland in some capacity this year.

I prefer Volcano Choir (old Justin Vernon side band) to BRM. I would def go see BRM play regardless as I've a fan of both Bon Iver and The National. I can see Bon Iver playing Ireland in some capacity this year.

Would love to see volcano choir

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Saw them years ago in Vicar Street. I'm pretty sure the ticket price was €16.

Yeah like BC too, dunno if they ever did much gigging!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Saw them years ago in Vicar Street. I'm pretty sure the ticket price was €16.
    Yeah I got 4 tickets for that gig for €90(according to my email) , it was a solid gig.

FF early bird tickets on sale now. Only for 24 hours and no line up. Not liking this trend of tickets being sold without any idea of artists tbh..

I can understand someone buying an EP ticket before the lineup comes out, even Body & Soul or All Together Now, but I can't see why someone would buy a Forbidden Fruit ticket before the tickets come out. Virtually no chance of it selling out instantly and very little to do outside of the music.

They have generally had decent enough lineups the last few years though so will probably go again for one day, lineup depending.

SKepta
    Jon Hopkins
    Paul Kalkeberner
    Daniel Avery
    Home shake
    Maribou State
    Elbow
    First Aid kit
    Danny Brown
    Mura Masa
    Mall grab
    Polo & Pan
    Ross From Friends
    Saint Sister

Won't be going this year I guess. Weak on the monday. Elbow, Saint Sister and First Aid Kit.

Disappointed with the Monday yeah, usually the day that attracts me most.

Think it'll just be ATN for me next year so

• Advertisement

SKepta
    Jon Hopkins
    Paul Kalkeberner
    Daniel Avery
    Home shake
    Maribou State
    Elbow
    First Aid kit
    Danny Brown
    Mura Masa
    Mall grab
    Polo & Pan
    Ross From Friends
    Saint Sister

Won't be going this year I guess. Weak on the monday. Elbow, Saint Sister and First Aid Kit.

Meh, probably not enough to attract me to any of the days, if a couple of the right electronic acts were playing on the same day then maybe. Not interested in any of the headliners though.

Jon Hopkins, Mura Masa, Maribou State, First Aid Kit, Mall Grab, Ross from friends all played festivals here in 2018, Elbow, Skepta, Danny Brown all 2017. Then again I was giving out about the Primavera lineup saying the acts are obscure :pac: maybe 2019 just doesn't have the acts touring!

Advertisement