Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We need a hardcore fetish techno act or we are doomed for failure.
    Dustin should go again. If Johnny Logan can do it, El Dusto can do so as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,291 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Marty was so funny forecasting what way the professional votes would go i.e. countries voting for their neighbours. Most of the time he was on the nail.

The public vote seems to count for more. They voted for a real song rather than the gimmicky ones.

I did love the Australian one though. The tune was very catchy, but not very singable for ordinary voices. Loved the "no gravity effect" on the swaying poles.
    The Aussie staging was quite brilliant but the song was a very blatant rip off of defying gravity from wicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Uk gave us 3 in the televote
    Italy gave us 8 and 5 from Moldova in the juries!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So the Netherlands are the winner. It was a nice ballad but I thought Denmark and Italy were better. Australia's Entry was rather good too..very eye catching.

It really shows you how everything can change when the votes of each country’s jury is changed by the public vote.

Graham Norton was really upset the U.K. did very badly. :pac: He was bitching when our jury gave the U.K. nul points. I didn’t watch their song...was it really abysmal?

And Iceland doing that pro-Palestine protest when the camera honed in on the group during the voting. I foresee potentially frosty diplomatic relations between Israel and Iceland over this. :eek:

Madonna was meh...her act could have been so much better and I thought she looked nervous when interviewed by the presenters.

So...Netherlands next year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

They won a few years ago with an awful song

I actually thought it was a great song. That year was an anomaly for Germany

• Advertisement

3817- how does this rank on contributions to a live TV show on boards.ie?

We gave the UK 3 in the televote. Fair's fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We came 18th in our semi final!(Last with 16 points).

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Sweden won the Jury vote win 239
    Norway won the Televote with 291

Norway were shafted by the Juries!

And this shows the complete disconnect between the 'experts' and the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭worded

Liked Slovenia song

https://youtu.be/vGtPNQ6g6Ng

• Advertisement

I'm trying to see the positive here...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,291 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm trying to see the positive here...:pac:
    They might have to finally ditch the guy in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I actually thought it was a great song. That year was an anomaly for Germany

Thought it was very basic but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

E4+1 right now. Fr Ted. Song for Eurovision.

Timely

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Seeing the cocky Swedish lad get hardly anything from the public would be a great Gogglebox moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭jeoun

gmisk wrote: »
    They might have to finally ditch the guy in charge?

Hopefully last place might be the kick RTÉ need to finally send a decent act. We should at least be qualifying for the final. If RTÉ don’t want to even try anymore, let TG4 or Virgin Media select an artist for us.

Norway got shafted by the juries

• Registered Users Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That puts a lot of pressure back onto RTE. An internally selected song finishing stone last in a semi final is not acceptable......they will probably have to change the system again (it's impossible to stand over a result like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Is it me or are RTE subtlely showing their anti Israeli bias by putting on the Producer's, springtime for Hitler etc., right now.

I don't think Sinead Kennedy thanked the hosts or told them it was a great show, just 'here's the votes', but maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭jeoun

STB. wrote: »
    E4+1 right now. Fr Ted. Song for Eurovision.

Timely

This stupid episode is what made Ireland think of Eurovision as a joke. We are still the country with the most wins but no one would think it with the trash we keep sending (excluding 2018 - Ryan was the exception).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

3817- how does this rank on contributions to a live TV show on boards.ie?

Went for 359 pages in 2015, while this is a big thread, it's been dropping since then

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93646608

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Well done guys & gals on keeping the boards eurovision flame burning. 'Til the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Ireland finished last in their semi with 16 points. Not at all surprised (actually thought it would be worse than 16 points). Bland as bland gets you nothing and that's what our entry was this year. What a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    The bookies are always right.

pretty much and after the jury vote it was odds on netherlands and 5/2 or thereabouts italy with around 8s switz
    russia were 9/2 2 weeks ago...33s before it started earlier
    norway were around 25s

pretty sure Italy were a decent price before it started however, possibly 25s or higher

mailburner wrote: »
    netherlands by a landslide for me

exciting finish thought not a landslide, if the ozzie song was a european entry It might have won or come close

didnt see anything in the italian song apart from the message they were sending

So Netherlands were neither the Juries #1 or Televote #1... Compromise candidate anyone...

I don't think Sinead Kennedy thanked the hosts or told them it was a great show, just 'here's the votes', but maybe I'm wrong.

She went, 12 Sweden, and fcuked off if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Israel has raised the bar far as production goes. Tough act to follow for the winning country next year.

San Marino in the top 10 with public vote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

Where are these results published?
    Dan man wrote: »
    Ireland finished last in their semi with 16 points. Not at all surprised (actually thought it would be worse than 16 points). Bland as bland gets you nothing and that's what our entry was this year. What a shambles.

• Advertisement

Israel has raised the bar far as production goes. Tough act to follow for the winning country next year.

Yeah the effects for Australia, Serbia and Estonia were really good.

I think the Dutch have a few quid, so they'll probably use the same tech next year.

Advertisement