Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think that’s a very cruel way to reveal the voting. Poor Czech Republic, Northern Macedonia and Sweden were never really in with a shout in all reality and I think the Macedonian act knew it well, she seemed very surprised to be doing so well as the juries came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Time to place another bet...

Come on Watford!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Rotterdam 2020. Till next year lads.

It could be Rotterdam, or anywhere....

Liverpool, or Rome.

But definitely not Stockholm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

murpho999 wrote:
    What was confusing about it?

It was just all over the place. I understood it eventually. It was a great way to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Great nights entertainment here, ye miserable shower!

Until next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

I already know all the words to that song

Life must be riveting for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

7 points for the czechs...what the hell!
    I knew Macedonia would bomb with public, shocked Sweden did so poorly with public though, they didn't deserve to win with that song

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Was that the cutie blondie from The Common Linnets on stage there?

They were robbed back in 2014!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

How did Germany get zero points?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Marty was rubbish but it was one of the best for many year well done to the Netherlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Great thread one and all. Great thread.

Now I'm off to listen to KISS :cool:

leahyl wrote: »
    One of the many Worst parts of the night was Madonna

FYP:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How did Germany get zero points?

I blame Shkrodan Mustafi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I was wondering why the song was so popular but I always find that at the end when they perform it again you can see that the audience nearly always get it right....although last years winner was shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

gmisk wrote: »
    7 points for the czechs...what the hell!
    I knew Macedonia would bomb with public, shocked Sweden did so poorly with public though, they didn't deserve to win with that song

Even though I really liked the Czech song, the look on their faces was priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    It's the European Broadcasting Union, of which Australia has been apart of for years. That's why we get programmes like Home & Away etc etc.

Yeah, load of bollix...So, for how long has Home & Away been shown in Ireland (and other EU countries)?

Farce

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

Despite a bit of a let down win with the favourite taking it, I must say that was a brilliant Eurovision. A bit long, but the intro was superb with the plane and country flags. The interval acts were all decent bar madonna. Especially that wonderful Cypriot Fuego bird was just about nude.

I loved the high tech LED and floor and the CGI effects too. Looks like that's the new standard for Eurovision staging.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Brain frazzled. Adding in the public vote cranks up the tension no end.

Germany handed a nul points in the most public way I can remember in a long time. Ouch!

Even though I really liked the Czech song, the look on their faces was priceless
    They looked heart broken bless them.
    I was expecting 80 minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

The ‘professional’ jury’s murdered Norway’s chances of winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'll never forget the look on the Swedish singers face when he realized he'd lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

FYP:p

Ah now, not a lot can come close to Mamuttondressedaslambdonna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Really enjoyed the show. We voted for The Netherlands, and our 2nd favourite was Italy. 😄. We couldn't understand the love for the swedish song at all.

When do we find out how horrendously Ireland did in semi 2....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

gmisk wrote: »
    They looked heart broken bless them.
    I was expecting 80 minimum
    Blame Brexit

NKante wrote: »
    Despite a bit of a let down win with the favourite taking it, I must say that was a brilliant Eurovision. A bit long, but the intro was superb with the plane and country flags. The interval acts were all decent bar madonna. Especially that wonderful Cypriot Fuego bird was just about nude.

I loved the high tech LED and floor and the CGI effects too. Looks like that's the new standard for Eurovision staging.[/quotebar]
    Bar the presenters and Madonna it was terrific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Won money on UK finishing last and Norway top Nordic county, so I'm happy enough lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,888 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Xodar wrote: »
    Yeah, load of bollix...So, for how long has Home & Away been shown in Ireland (and other EU countries)?

Farce

Home and Away has been on screen in Ireland for over thirty years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I really thought the Swedish guy was going to get sick he looked so stressed and then, bang, a kick in the clackers too. Poor guy.

• Advertisement

My PP account is up by €3.33 since last year. Win/lose I’m nudging above bookies in a tiny way. An absolute mug’s game if sucked into more bets as they all try to get you to do. My one has given up on me, knows I’m in it just for the annual Eurovision where they know they make a tiny loss.

Advertisement