Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

highdef wrote: »
    Got ya. Popped into Tesco Lucan on the way home and sure enough the gin was still at €13.20 so got two bottles. Had two drinks of it this evening and it's quite nice alright. Amazing value indeed.

Yep, the Tesco Finest gins have been discontinued, hence why they're no longer on the UK or Irish websites.

Been replaced by ghost label equivalents from the same distillery it would appear so quite possibly the same contents in the bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭pigtail33

1 litre bottle of spirits €20 in SuperValu today and tomorrow (May 16th & 17th)
    Vodka, gin and rum only.
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/one-litre-spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Tesco 15/5 - 11/6

Carlsberg, Budweiser and Guinness 12x500ml cans.

2 for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bulmers 24 cans for €30 dunnes

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 24,116 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi have an "up to 50% off" wine sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Yellow Dog wrote: »

My condolences on your loss but did you not see the writing in big capital letters in the link that stated "WHILE STOCKS LAST"?

Once again, I'm sorry for your troubles and I would urge you to try and remain strong in the tough times ahead. As always Yellow Dog, I am here anytime you need me and we can get through this together.

Remember, tough times don't last but tough people do.

Tóg go bog é,
    Rows Grower.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,116 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No mention of stock levels in advert
    yGyR2p9.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

zell12 wrote: »
    No mention of stock levels in advert
    yGyR2p9.jpg?1

When do supermarkets ever publish how much stock they have on sale?

If you look at the actual link being referred to you will quite clearly see in capital letters "WHILE STOCKS LAST".

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭highdef

Mainly due to this thread, I now have about 35 bottles of unopened spirits in the home bar and not far off that number of opened bottles. This thread has saved me literally dozens, if not hundreds of euro and I have enough alcohol to last me for quite some time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

highdef wrote: »
    Mainly due to this thread, I now have about 35 bottles of unopened spirits in the home bar and not far off that number of opened bottles. This thread has saved me literally dozens, if not hundreds of euro and I have enough alcohol to last me for quite some time!!!

When’s the boards party :D

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 68,291 ✭✭✭✭L1011

When do supermarkets ever publish how much stock they have on sale?

If you look at the actual link being referred to you will quite clearly see in capital letters "WHILE STOCKS LAST".

Exceptionally rarely in the days of early morning queues for Silvercrest/Tevion/Medion laptops, TVs etc you would occasionally see a number per store posted. For booze the numbers are going to be relatively high and also relatively useless - different stores have different trading patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Brewdog 12 packs for €12 back in stock in my local O’Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

stimpson wrote: »
    Brewdog 12 packs for €12 back in stock in my local O’Briens.

Which is where ...???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

laros wrote: »
    Which is where ...???

Lucan had them back yesterday- no idea about stock levels.

zell12 wrote: »
    Aldi have an "up to 50% off" wine sale
    My condolences on your loss but did you not see the writing in big capital letters in the link that stated "WHILE STOCKS LAST"?

Once again, I'm sorry for your troubles and I would urge you to try and remain strong in the tough times ahead. As always Yellow Dog, I am here anytime you need me and we can get through this together.

Remember, tough times don't last but tough people do.

Tóg go bog é,
    Rows Grower.

Thank you for your concern.

The only reason I mentioned the lack of stock was because they only went on sale two hours before I arrived. I`m sure if I asked they would have found some more. The space on the shelf would only hold about 12 bottles anyway. Will probably drop in again today on my way to Lidl to get more Perlenbacher.

I ordered 5 for €60 which meant free delivery.

Due to arrive between 3 and 4 this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

No brewdog in Obriens Nutgrove as of now.

4 bottles of the Tesco aromatic gin left in nutgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

pigtail33 wrote: »
    1 litre bottle of spirits €20 in SuperValu today and tomorrow (May 16th & 17th)
    Vodka, gin and rum only.
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/one-litre-spirits

Thanks for that.
    Got 4 litres for €65 using the €15 off for signing up to online orders (just ordered to click & collect).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yes thanks for the Super Valu tip off. I needed to buy a bottle of Smirnoff as a thank you (I hate the stuff but the recipient thinks it's the best vodka) so upgrading to a litre makes it a very decent gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    I ordered 5 for €60 which meant free delivery.

Due to arrive between 3 and 4 this afternoon.

I got mine online too, best before 15th July 2019 which isn't too far away.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got mine online too, best before 15th July 2019 which isn't too far away.

60 cans in 60 days. I think I can handle that.

Limit of 2 per customer online now.

Now showing as not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lidl XXL Perlenbacher 8x500mls €7.49 back from Monday 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Turns out that next week is officially XXL week in Lidl, so the previous poster simply got lucky and got in early - this means that, in fact, Perlenbacher 8x500ml for €7.50 should be available in all Lidls next week, while Polish week will be either the week after, or two weeks after. Happy days!

EDIT: Just saw Vicwatson's post above :o

I notice Tesco stores are cutting price on random booze. My local has erdinger cans for 1.73, 4 pack tyskie for 3.50, 4 cans desperado for 5.40 etc. I was in other stores and different stuff on offer. Check out your local.

Anybody get any gushers in the brewdog packs? I opened an Elvis Juice and had to get a cloth. Just followed it with an Indie and the same thing happened. The pack has been sitting in my fridge all week. The one I drank last weekend has no such issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭sceach16

stimpson wrote: »
    Anybody get any gushers in the brewdog packs? I opened an Elvis Juice and had to get a cloth. Just followed it with an Indie and the same thing happened. The pack has been sitting in my fridge all week. The one I drank last weekend has no such issues.

This is ringing bells with me. I have not had any of the current brewdogs. I had a similar problem with a lot of McCargles on special offer last year. I simply do not know if it is a cold fridge OR if it is related to special offers/ destocking/ getting rid of (marginally) iffy products. Any thoughts?

sceach16 wrote: »
    This is ringing bells with me. I have not had any of the current brewdogs. I had a similar problem with a lot of McCargles on special offer last year. I simply do not know if it is a cold fridge OR if it is related to special offers/ destocking/ getting rid of (marginally) iffy products. Any thoughts?

Cold fridge should prevent gushers. From my limited experience in home brewing, it’s caused by an infection in the beer or by over priming causing excess CO2. It’s not an infection as the beer tastes fine.

Just opened a Dead Pony in the sink and it gushed a bit too. The face that they are different beers is the weird thing. I may email them to see what they say.

Im having no issue here. I did have issue with a certain Irish small craft brewer few years back and major gushers, owner wasn't surprised and remembered a lively batch which obviously made its way to me. Surprising in your case that it's different beers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Genghis

On the O'Briens deal. None in Dun Laoghaire, Blackrock or Sandyford. 3 left when I picked up 2 in Newbridge apx 9.30 tonight.

Great deal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement