Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

threein99 wrote: »
    Its all subjective.

Its really not. Nothing subjective when you can hear echo bouncing back in from the bar area. Thats just shít sound.

When the seats are all down and the standing area is smaller the place sounds great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The Nal wrote: »
    Its really not. Nothing subjective when you can hear echo bouncing back in from the bar area. Thats just shít sound.

When the seats are all down and the standing area is smaller the place sounds great.

I'm sure there are people who say they were better in 03 than 2018, its entirely subjective.

I'm sure there are people who say they were better in 03 than 2018, its entirely subjective.

Course. Should clarify, I was only referring to the sound in the 3Arena which is unrelated.

The sound in the old Point was great. As were the Stones in 03.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,965 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Nal wrote: »
    Course. Should clarify, I was only referring to the sound in the 3Arena which is unrelated.

The sound in the old Point was great. As were the Stones in 03.

Jeez from memory sound in old point was abysmal, only band I saw make anything of it was REM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strumms wrote: »
    Jeez from memory sound in old point was abysmal, only band I saw make anything of it was REM

I remember seeing Chemical Bothers and it was awful, it was like a community centre with a one speakered hi fi

• Advertisement

lambayire wrote: »
    It's a pitch thing. Spoke to a Croker staff member over the weekend.
    The heard groundsman is positively neurotic about his grass. He did use to be in charge of the Emirates Stadium pitch at Arsenal.

So no open glassed beverages allowed on the pitch. Pints, wine etc...

Plastic bottles are allowed as the is some hope that the drink won't be spilled onto the precious grass.

Maybe I am going mad here, but was the pitch not covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,039 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just saw the dits music video with Jagger and bowie

My Christ Mick is the definition of ???. Hes not gay/ he's not straight, hes his own man and my god he can move for his age. A true legend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Just saw the dits music video with Jagger and bowie

My Christ Mick is the definition of ???. Hes not gay/ he's not straight, hes his own man and my god he can move for his age. A true legend

Sure the two boys were supposedly found in bed together. We know bowie was fair game for a bit of flute anyway. Two heros.

thebull85 wrote: »
    Sure the two boys were supposedly found in bed together. We know bowie was fair game for a bit of flute anyway. Two heros.

The stuff those 2 lads prob done in there lifes (Mick prob still at it) was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Hey I may have missed it but looked back over 10 pages and didnt see it. Antbody got a setlist, there are gaps in my memory due to... reasons. Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Maybe I am going mad here, but was the pitch not covered!

Beer has the unique property of being able to seep through a plastic board filled with holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Was at both and the 2003 gig in the point was probably the best gig I ever attended, small venue (for the stones) and they kicked ass. Electric atmosphere.

I loved last week too but smaller gigs always trump stadium gigs in my opinion.

Similar to AC/DC in 3 arena versus Punchestown, no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭corm500

Was at both and the 2003 gig in the point was probably the best gig I ever attended, small venue (for the stones) and they kicked ass. Electric atmosphere.

I loved last week too but smaller gigs always trump stadium gigs in my opinion.

Similar to AC/DC in 3 arena versus Punchestown, no comparison.
    I'm with you about 2003. Best gig I ever saw, hands down. and I've seen a few.:D

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    Beer has the unique property of being able to seep through a plastic board filled with holes.

I honestly can't remember what was the covering, and I wasn't even drunk. Hence the query. No need to be sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

My ticket for Manchester just arrived, can’t wait for round 2!!

Sadly the tickets are light paper and aren’t as tough as the Ticketmaster ones, hopfully they make it back in one piece for the collection

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My ticket for Manchester just arrived, can’t wait for round 2!!

Sadly the tickets are light paper and aren’t as tough as the Ticketmaster ones, hopfully they make it back in one piece for the collection

stick it in an envelope with a bit of hard card cut to the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Anyone know the setlist for the support act The Academic? I not very fimilar with their music but I'd liked them a lot. I checked on setlist.fm but no one updated the setlist so I don't know all the songs

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Just wondering would anyone have a spare show programme from the Dublin gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone know the setlist for the support act The Academic? I not very fimilar with their music but I'd liked them a lot. I checked on setlist.fm but no one updated the setlist so I don't know all the songs
    don't know what it was in Croker, but if you go back through previous setlists, they tended to be playing the same songs for most gigs, so it was probably mostly the same as this:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-academic/2018/c-mine-cultuurcentrum-genk-belgium-1becf5dc.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Goodlaaaaad

Brilliant gig. Mick Jagger defies the laws of ageing.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Am I the only person who thought the gig was v average!?

I'm surprised people didn't pick up on the sloopy playing, Keith was having an off day, Ronnie could never fill his shoes, and Charlie was.... Elsewhere.

I know there very much so getting on, but by their standard and from the videos from London I've seen, Croker was a sub par gig!

As for Mick, what a force of nature!
    The man is dynamite still!!!
    Was the only saving grace in Croker!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Any idea when The Stones will begin at? I'm going to the Coventry show tonight.

Jesus a year ago this Friday How time flys!!

What a gig it was even if MCD ****ed up the support and put a bunch or teeny boppers on. Stones were on fire that night amazing for there age

Mick seems ready too go again after his recent health problems. There not human

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

One of the best gigs I've ever gone to, well worth spending the extra to get into the golden circle.

Just popped up on my google photos, this day last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Missed it as was traveling for work that Friday

Still annoying

Will we ever see them back here I wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭corm500

Missed it as was traveling for work that Friday

Still annoying

Will we ever see them back here I wonder

I doubt it. I think we are nearing the end of The Rolling Stones story, ill health is taking its toll on the band. Not bad going for a band that have been together almost 60 years. I will be happy to be proved wrong on this as I would love to see them again.

Advertisement