Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VW e-Golf

• 04-02-2019 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I couldn’t find a recent post for egolf owners ( there isn’t too much of us to be fair ) so I thought I would start one.

I’ve had my ee egolf since the start of January and I am wondering how other owners are finding the range and efficiency. I don’t have a heat pump. I have the lights pack and the 17” tyres. I have just hit 2,000 km with an average of 18.7kw/100km from mixed driving.

Yesterday I wasn’t in a rush so I done a 100km trip with the eco plus mode on and b mode active with the speed at 95km/hr. The lights were on and so was my heated seat. I got 18.3kw/100km out of it which impressed me since I usually have it between 100km/hr and 110km/hr for motorway driving and it’s 20+kw/100km. My range when fully charged has been sitting at around 180km.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,730 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mupchease wrote: »
    I couldn’t find a recent post for egolf owners ( there isn’t too much of us to be fair ) so I thought I would start one.

I’ve had my ee egolf since the start of January and I am wondering how other owners are finding the range and efficiency. I don’t have a heat pump. I have the lights pack and the 17” tyres. I have just hit 2,000 km with an average of 18.7kw/100km from mixed driving.

Yesterday I wasn’t in a rush so I done a 100km trip with the eco plus mode on and b mode active with the speed at 95km/hr. The lights were on and so was my heated seat. I got 18.3kw/100km out of it which impressed me since I usually have it between 100km/hr and 110km/hr for motorway driving and it’s 20+kw/100km. My range when fully charged has been sitting at around 180km.

Looks like your figures are about right. Averaging 18.7kWh/100km with the about 31.5kWh your eGolf has available means a real life range of about 170km

This should improve to about 200km in summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Give it another month, once the temp come up that little bit you will notice a huge jump in performance with the eGolf.

It really loves the warm weather, it has a huge difference in range.

Summer months I think I got 12/14kWh per 100km one of the days

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Heat pumps vs resistive heating really make a big difference.

liamog wrote: »
    Heat pumps vs resistive heating really make a big difference.
    https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-vii-pa/explore/e-golf-range

Good website to show advantage of heat pump

The air con without heat pump will take circa 20km of range. Each heated seat will take 1km of range

So preheat and then use the heat seat if travelling with 2 people. If you have the kids then just fire them a hot water bottle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So preheat and then use the heat seat if travelling with 2 people. If you have the kids then just fire them a hot water bottle :P

Not getting the heat pump is my only regret. It’s fine on shorter drives but longer ones it would have been handy on the days when I forget to pre heat.

• Advertisement

Not getting the heat pump is my only regret. It’s fine on shorter drives but longer ones it would have been handy on the days when I forget to pre heat.

The problem is the Irish dealer have no idea the advantage of the heat pump. I explained it to them when I was going to swap to a 181 but they had no idea and just kept telling me it would be a 9 month wait if I wanted it

My 2015 doesnt even have the option so I dont really miss it.

When I do go to swap I will make sure it is included

I thought I’d post a driving update for anybody considering an egolf or other egolf owners to compare.

Last night I pre heated the car to 22 degrees before setting off on a 107km trip which was nearly all motorway. I drove in eco mode and had the driver and passenger heat on for the leg area at 22 degrees. My speed was set to 95km/hr and I had B mode on although only one or two cars made me even regen ( I should have left this off and just overtaken ) according to the car the temperature setting off was 4/5 degrees and it was 8 when I arrived at my destination. I managed to get 17.8kw/100km.

( reminder I’ve no heat pump and the 17” tyres )

I thought I’d post a driving update for anybody considering an egolf or other egolf owners to compare.

Last night I pre heated the car to 22 degrees before setting off on a 107km trip which was nearly all motorway. I drove in eco mode and had the driver and passenger heat on for the leg area at 22 degrees. My speed was set to 95km/hr and I had B mode on although only one or two cars made me even regen ( I should have left this off and just overtaken ) according to the car the temperature setting off was 4/5 degrees and it was 8 when I arrived at my destination. I managed to get 17.8kw/100km.

( reminder I’ve no heat pump and the 17” tyres )

That's about right, once the heat goes up a bit that will drop to circa 15kWh/100km

Personally

I would preheat car to 28/29 degree before you leave.....

At 22 degree in eco mode the heating is really not doing much but using up battery, so I would turn it off unless you need to clear the windows, flick on heated seats to warm your bum :p they only use a minimal range compared to air con

When on air con if you push the menu button you can change the performance of the air con. Low/Medium/high. I had car ages before I realized.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

LEAF 40 with heatpump has been averaging 17.X kWh/100 km this winter so not much better than you. I expect your consumption to reduce to 12-14 kWh/100 km in the summer driving similar speeds. LEAF manages about 14-15 for us in summer.

samih wrote: »
    LEAF 40 with heatpump has been averaging 17.X kWh/100 km this winter so not much better than you. I expect your consumption to reduce to 12-14 kWh/100 km in the summer driving similar speeds. LEAF manages about 14-15 for us in summer.

14kWh in summer unless you drive like a granny :p

• Advertisement

Im curious on what people pay to service the egolf and also insurance ? Also has anybody put any extras into their cars ?

Im curious on what people pay to service the egolf and also insurance ? Also has anybody put any extras into their cars ?

I had my "big" service last weekend. If it was diesel it was either 300 or 350 for the service.

I was quoted 120 for the service. Everything checked out on the car to make sure no faults. All software updated, new pollen filter installed...in the end he charged me 100 quid in VW.....

Insurance is a mind game and depends on so many factors. My insurance went down when I swapped but I was coming from a 2ltr diesel. If you are swapping from combustion to electric and the cars are the same value you should get a reduced insurance. If you have a 2k car and swap to a new 30k car the insurance will go up.....

Extra's, not yet. Supposed to get windows tinted but never got around to it. I did install a Multimac for the kids...

eGolf websites on facebook, loads of people in america doing all sorts to the cars, so you can do more or less anything you can do with combustion Golf....somethings like alloys do have a small effect on range.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I had my "big" service last weekend. If it was diesel it was either 300 or 350 for the service.

I was quoted 120 for the service. Everything checked out on the car to make sure no faults. All software updated, new pollen filter installed...in the end he charged me 100 quid in VW.....

Insurance is a mind game and depends on so many factors. My insurance went down when I swapped but I was coming from a 2ltr diesel. If you are swapping from combustion to electric and the cars are the same value you should get a reduced insurance. If you have a 2k car and swap to a new 30k car the insurance will go up.....

Extra's, not yet. Supposed to get windows tinted but never got around to it. I did install a Multimac for the kids...

eGolf websites on facebook, loads of people in america doing all sorts to the cars, so you can do more or less anything you can do with combustion Golf....somethings like alloys do have a small effect on range.....

I scrapped a 05 1.9tdi Golf to get an 191 Ioniq and got an insurance refund for the year. Was very surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,730 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I scrapped a 05 1.9tdi Golf to get an 191 Ioniq and got an insurance refund for the year. Was very surprised!

I scrapped an '01 Jaguar S-type 3l V6 petrol auto to get a brand new Ioniq EV and I got a substantial refund too :)

From worthless car to car worth EUR25k, the latter being cheaper to insure...

unkel wrote: »
    I scrapped an '01 Jaguar S-type 3l V6 petrol auto to get a brand new Ioniq EV and I got a substantial refund too :)

From worthless car to car worth EUR25k, the latter being cheaper to insure...

As I said insurance is a mind game....I was looking at a cheap old 1ltr car, it would cost nearly double the insurance of the eGolf and it’s value was 1k for car

It was cheaper insurance to buy a 5 series petrol with over 2ltr engine....

Does anybody know a way to make another long term driving data bar in car-net ? I’ve two and I haven’t a clue how I set the second one up all them months ago. I was looking to see how it’s done so I could reset it at the start of every month. I couldn’t find any useful car net information anywhere.

Does anybody know a way to make another long term driving data bar in car-net ? I’ve two and I haven’t a clue how I set the second one up all them months ago. I was looking to see how it’s done so I could reset it at the start of every month. I couldn’t find any useful car net information anywhere.

Not 100% sure what you are trying to do?

If you go into your car you will have driving data on right hand side.

Click on More
    Then at the bottom you will have icon of a tray with an arrow pointing into it. This is download

You can set the period of time you want to analyze once you click on this, from one month to another or just download your entire time with car

Not 100% sure what you are trying to do?

If you go into your car you will have driving data on right hand side.

Click on More
    Then at the bottom you will have icon of a tray with an arrow pointing into it. This is download

You can set the period of time you want to analyze once you click on this, from one month to another or just download your entire time with car

Is that on the android version of the app ? I haven’t gotten that option on the iPhone. That’s sounds brilliant if that’s possible.

[Edit]
    I just had a quick look in the car too and I clicked menu, vehicle , settings , instrument cluster , scrolled to the bottom , reset “ long-term “ driving data. This has at least given me a new start point to monitor my driving for the month rather than how the app shows me per start or since charge.

Is that on the android version of the app ? I haven’t gotten that option on the iPhone.

Laptop....I only use the app to turn the heating on and off....

https://www.volkswagen-car-net.com/portal/en_IE/web/guest/home?a=1

https://www.volkswagen-car-net.com/portal/en_IE/web/guest/home?a=1[/quote]

This is perfect ! Exactly the data I was looking for.

• Advertisement

This is perfect ! Exactly the data I was looking for.[/QUOTE]

The information I find is brill from the website, tell you everything about the car

The egolf has moved up to third most sold electric car this year. Vw are now doing a 0% finance deal.

I still haven’t seen another egolf in the wild ...

The egolf has moved up to third most sold electric car this year. Vw are now doing a 0% finance deal.

I still haven’t seen another egolf in the wild ...

They look the exact same as the Golf. Unless you know what you are looking for you won't spot them.

I have had people come up behind me in Dublin looking strange at the back of my car trying to work out what it is....the tell tale sign was the strips of lights under the head lights but I have seen some other high spec Golf's have them as well now, it used to just be the eGolf

A good few in the D15 area

Got asked a question and no idea how it work....

He is looking to get an eGolf off company car scheme. At the moment he has got quoted the following numbers
    Standard eGolf: 40,995
    Executive eGolf: 44,495

According to the eGolf price book the car should e
    Standard eGolf: 45,995
    Executive eGolf: 49,495

Now maybe I am wrong but are those numbers wrong? it looks like the reduction of 5k but should another 3800 come off that or am I talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Got asked a question and no idea how it work

He is looking to get an eGolf off company car scheme. At the moment he has got quoted the following numbers

Now maybe I am wrong but are those numbers wrong? it looks like the reduction of 5k but should another 3800 come off that or am I talking nonsense.

I'd have thought the same tbh.

Didnt really type that out right, it is a friend who is offered a company car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Didnt really type that out right, it is a friend who is offered a company car

Yes that's exactly how I read your original post.

Everything I read is that the VRT rebate is automatic for any car. Company car or not.

That would suggest the 5k off.

Then from my reading instead of the additional 5k it would be 3800 instead? so he should expect another 3800 off the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,069 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Got asked a question and no idea how it work....

Everything I read is that the VRT rebate is automatic for any car. Company car or not.

That would suggest the 5k off.

Then from my reading instead of the additional 5k it would be 3800 instead? so he should expect another 3800 off the price?

The OTR price for a private individual is €35,995 (i.e. €10k off the €45995).

As you said, for a company its €8800 off not €10k as the SEAI grant is less for a company so it would be €37195 for a company.

I'd say they have quoted the price prior to grant.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    The OTR price for a private individual is €35,995 (i.e. €10k off the €45995).

As you said, for a company its €8800 off not €10k as the SEAI grant is less for a company so it would be €37195 for a company.

I'd say they have quoted the price prior to grant.

Yes but they have given an official quote and monthly price based on it....even he checked the Leaf and it seems to be same error

Advertisement