Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Traded this in the other day

Really like division 1 and initially really liked this one too but just felt little to no interest in playing it again one day

Preferred New York setting and found they went in the other direction with too much loot everywhere

Not a bad game, just got tired far quicker than the original game

You might be burned out on the type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's certainly too much loot and most of it is crap, these games seem to spend a lot of time patching stuff out that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    I really like the game still and getting a lot out of it but you could list a ton of things that are bewildering

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Traded this in the other day

Really like division 1 and initially really liked this one too but just felt little to no interest in playing it again one day

Preferred New York setting and found they went in the other direction with too much loot everywhere

Not a bad game, just got tired far quicker than the original game

I'm pretty much in the same boat, was really enjoying this, but gave it a rest for a day or two and never managed to go back. The gear sets being total trash killed it for me. I'm not huge into spending time min-maxing, so was hoping that gear sets would give me something to chase, but they're about as useful as chocolate teapot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

On the flip side, im thoroughly enjoying it. Its a lot easier than the 1st and gameplay much more fluid and enjoyable. Im up to lvl 14 and have pretty much played solo so far.
    I see most of the ps4 players are already at lvl 30 so my one complaint would be is that ive no one to play through with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Keep getting an anti cheat pop up that boots me out of game. message saying I may need to reinstall. Anyone else getting this on PC???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

@glebee go into uplay and choose repair game files,that will fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

weiland79 wrote: »
    On the flip side, im thoroughly enjoying it. Its a lot easier than the 1st and gameplay much more fluid and enjoyable. Im up to lvl 14 and have pretty much played solo so far.
    I see most of the ps4 players are already at lvl 30 so my one complaint would be is that ive no one to play through with.

Sorry I couldn’t accept your invite last night. Was just finishing up a game and bed was calling.

Im roughly the same level. Maybe slightly lower, can’t remember.

Definitely up for some coop one of the nights soon.

I played with randoms last night on a mission through matchmaking just before it and it actually worked out well. No chat but people played well together. Worth a shot if like me you solo’d up to now with the other lads at lvl 30 already.

matchmaking co-op works really well, there is very little chat but you don't really need it for most activities, the raid will likely be different. you always run the risk of getting booted but hasn't happened here and it was fairly rare in the first game too.

I'm running around the LZ every 24 hours with my level 17 character trying not to engage the enemy and opening the loot containers for blue and purple mods. the worthwhile drop rate is low. The best I've got so far is 5% protection from elites, 5% AR damage and 5% freaking pistol damage in about 2.5 runs (counting a run as 32 containers)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    matchmaking co-op works really well, there is very little chat but you don't really need it for most activities, the raid will likely be different. you always run the risk of getting booted but hasn't happened here and it was fairly rare in the first game too.

I'm running around the LZ every 24 hours with my level 17 character trying not to engage the enemy and opening the loot containers for blue and purple mods. the worthwhile drop rate is low. The best I've got so far is 5% protection from elites, 5% AR damage and 5% freaking pistol damage in about 2.5 runs (counting a run as 32 containers)

Just out of curiosity why are you running two characters?

Made sense in Destiny as the different characters had different abilities etc but I can’t see why you’d do it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Made sense in Destiny as the different characters had different abilities etc but I can’t see why you’d do it here.

I think it's because once you hit 30 and go into the WT's, all mods drop as high ends. At the moment, some (most) high ends mods have extremely high, or unobtainable, score requirements for them to activate. So the lower Blues/Purples are actually more beneficial.

• Advertisement

Two characters pfft. I have three. I was actually considering starting a fourth yesterday 'cos I thought I'd messed up the third. The reason I had two was I thought I may need it to run different weekly end game events for loot drops. In Div 1 I'd run several incursions during the week to farm div tech, gear sets and exotics. Also there was a bit of a lull with content early on and I didn't mind making a second.
    The reason I made the third was to farm low level mods 15-19 as Solevable says. some of the low mods have crazy specific stat rolls eg. 6% assault rifle damage

As it stands I didn't need the second but may still at some point. The way gear drops and the variables involved it's too confusing building different characters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Have they made the game harder??

Just went on and did a daily hard mission and OMG I dont know how many times I got dropped and our squad got wiped a couple of times! it was tough work. We were all lv500+ (although one dude was level 30...)but we should have been able to carry him no probs.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I played the hard daily yesterday and didn't notice any difference. They're actually making it easier for people like you :)

Seriously though enemies at any level can hit very hard and this stuff can sometimes happen,especially on particular missions and in full groups. I do think there's too big of a gap in difficulty between challenging and heroic. I'm all for heroic being difficult and it's not impossible but it can get insane

I don't agree with the nerfs they are bringing in hard - massive, challenging -moderate and heroic - negligible, although I guess this could still change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

93 hours in and finally hit wt4. Might forego my slow pace and try to go full wt5 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

smokingman wrote: »
    93 hours in and finally hit wt4. Might forego my slow pace and try to go full wt5 tonight.

Go big or go home....no point in wasting your time in WT4. you need to get to WT 5 and start getting GS500 items then you can start optimizing and building load-outs.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Go big or go home....no point in wasting your time in WT4. you need to get to WT 5 and start getting GS500 items then you can start optimizing and building load-outs.

Oh I know alright, just having so much fun with it that I've taken the scenic route up to now.
    Is wt5 like the others? i.e. one invaded mission then one stronghold?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh I know alright, just having so much fun with it that I've taken the scenic route up to now.
    Is wt5 like the others? i.e. one invaded mission then one stronghold?

Several really, last week was 4 missions then the stronghold.

Stronghold rotates to annoy you greatly if you after exotic drops.

Spent last night just doing a load of side missions to get the mods I was missing. Up to 420 gear score now so might get the last of them tonight before a weekend push into wt5

Few side missions and the chatterbox blueprint done last night so getting the beers in for tonight's Tidal Basin attempt.

Home early...Couldn't help meself.
    Tidal Basin complete...now to builds...

• Advertisement

any build you make is likely to be destroyed by the next patch
    I must have 250-300 bits of gear / guns across various characters and in the stash waiting in anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Few side missions and the chatterbox blueprint done last night so getting the beers in for tonight's Tidal Basin attempt.

One of the chatterbox mods will not drop for me.. have tried the hyena box about 20 times still no joy.. The mod that drops in the police station bsement.

there's another hyena box out in the world in that location, are you sure you don't already have it and it's not of the other ones you need? I'm always getting them mixed up
    rng can be bad but that's brutal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's another hyena box out in the world in that location, are you sure you don't already have it and it's not of the other ones you need? I'm always getting them mixed up
    rng can be bad but that's brutal

Yeah, I have looked in that one too.. still no joy..

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have looked in that one too.. still no joy..

I got mine following this vid. Nice that I didn't need to complete any missions for them.
    https://youtu.be/knEyqQgMgH4

I got mine following this vid. Nice that I didn't need to complete any missions for them.
    https://youtu.be/knEyqQgMgH4

Thanks. I will that a go, I deffo want to get the chatterbox..

got a 497 merciless which had more damage than the 498 I had, Junk the 498 and use the 497 to craft a 500 which has less damage than the 498
    for
    fux
    sake

randoms must be very squishy,on the space administration mission yesterday, all three dead. Me v the boss, a shotgunner, foamguy and two annoying red npcs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hey all,

Just started and I'm level 12. I joined a Clan and got one hitted straight away!

Do I need to join a clan at my level? I thought I read somewhere that levels even out in multiplayer...

I'd like to join a clan here - never played multiplayer though. Any sopts available?!

Thanks

The PvP can be difficult. There are specific PvP modes and then 3 DZ zones which have a combined Pve & PvP. I'm a PvE player but played a bit of PvP this weekend and found it fun (in small doses). If you come up against a good PvP build and you're not optimised you'll notice it. I got demolished by one guy and was dead in a blink.

The DZs are normalised except for one of them which rotates and Gear Score and builds matter. Even in the normalised DZ if you come up against a high level you'll notice the difference. You don't need to be in a clan to PvP but it is more fun with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Coyler

So... who in the PC clan are coming back for the raid? It's very quiet in the clan lately and from what I can see the players are coalescing into the clan structures more and more. The official discord servers have nowhere near the same active users as liked mined players are grouping up in private communities. It might be worth merging with another clan in order to improve the experience both all parties involved.

Anyway, just a thought. I'm a PvE filthy casual so I'd like to keep it that way :P

Advertisement