Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

xPixelx wrote: »
    Thank god thought I was doing something wrong about this, was getting like 5 rounds a challenging stronghold...

5 rounds? , you were lucky I've not seen any in 2-3 hour sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Who do I email again for Boards PC Clan? Sent a request yday ingame :)

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,082 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Who do I email again for Boards PC Clan? Sent a request yday ingame :)

Your username is YOURSONISGAE?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Level 29, team through the stronghold on Roosevelt Island, got to the boss only to be killed by Axe guy at the boat and then I got called away and had to do something. The thought of going over that bridge and doing the whole level again is off putting, way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Level 29, team through the stronghold on Roosevelt Island, got to the boss only to be killed by Axe guy at the boat and then I got called away and had to do something. The thought of going over that bridge and doing the whole level again is off putting, way too long.

If it helps I have probably completed that mission 30+ times since the story ended.

If it helps :)

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If it helps I have probably completed that mission 30+ times since the story ended.

If it helps :)

Actually kinda does, I need to stfu and just get through it. I can almost smell the end game.

Spear wrote: »
    Your username is YOURSONISGAE?

Nope

Im The_Valeyard_

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,082 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nope

Im The_Valeyard_

I've already accepted that one, but I'm sure know this, as I've seen you online since then.

So who's YOURSONISGAE then?

Spear wrote: »
    I've already accepted that one, but I'm sure know this, as I've seen you online since then.

So who's YOURSONISGAE then?

Cheers. Briefly online earlier for a mission.

No idea who that is.

just done an heroic bounty, 3 named bosses got two down, took a while but rushed by the third , managed to push him back,looked over and some fupping medic had revived the first two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    just done an heroic bounty, 3 named bosses got two down, took a while but rushed by the third , managed to push him back,looked over and some fupping medic had revived the first two.

Medics are the worst. Anytime I see one I focus on killing them as fast as possible.

Finally beat Roosevelt Island, that was a tough **** but level 30 now with 1 stronghold to go.

Quick question, once I complete capitol building stronghold, does endgame WT1 automatically start? Just wondering if I should finish control points and projects before the final mission before the activities get harder or does it even matter?

yes but don't worry about completing stuff it'll come with you into the next world tier
    your mission now is gear score up and progress to WT5

Quick question, once I complete capitol building stronghold, does endgame WT1 automatically start? Just wondering if I should finish control points and projects before the final mission before the activities get harder or does it even matter?

You get a 1 minute countdown timer when it automatically changes world tier. The control points and projects aren't going away, so there's no need to worry about them.

I used an M60 most of the game but just got an ACR AR that is absolutely melting people so fast, it feels broken. Next stop, capitol building.

Well that was piss easy.

doctor-strange-endgame.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Well that was piss easy.

doctor-strange-endgame.gif

Yeah capitol building is easy compared to the final part of Roosevelt Island. To move up the tiers just do the invaded missions and strongholds which are much easier in a group

I used an M60 most of the game but just got an ACR AR that is absolutely melting people so fast, it feels broken. Next stop, capitol building.

Same.

Not far from 500 GS and my M60 is fairly useless for challenging missions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh God, I had a proper nerdrage tonight. Grouped up with randomers to do Basin on hard. All good and as soon as we walked in to last room, right before the boss and last area I got dced!!! Came back and looks like everyone dced and progress was wiped!!! Time wasted...

In other news my GS is now 498. I always kept an eye on my build and upgraded gear with higher GS if it was good, not just blindly increasing my GS. Now though I can focus more on build etc.
    Got all points in to Demolitionist spec tree, so I switched to sharpshooter one.

I got all parts for ChatterBox, but still can't get blueprint. Really annoying. Almost each day opening about 5 boxes and nothing.
    How people are getting gear over 500 score? Only class. Weekly cashes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

I got all parts for ChatterBox, but still can't get blueprint. Really annoying. Almost each day opening about 5 boxes and nothing.
    How people are getting gear over 500 score? Only class. Weekly cashes?

Isn't the blueprint a 100% drop on the bank mission when you have all 3 pieces? Calibrating stats ups the gearscore other than a weapon

you need to get the chatterbox blueprint in the Bank mission

the M60 is a top tier LMG. Unhinged, Allegro and use it behind cover or up close. The military one seems to have a higher damage score. Still on the lookout for a 500 well rolled one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

377 build is really the only main build in this game. Only choice is the chest really. Made the build yesterday and my DPS has really come along. Gear is nowhere near perfect, but 1 step at a time.

The Sharpshooter special is the literally the most useless thing in the game.

Am I the only one using Carbines?

Also have shotgun as second primary and sawn off shotgun for pistol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The Sharpshooter special is the literally the most useless thing in the game.

Far from it, bonus to stability,reload speed [both which are straight up DPS increase off the bat], its a fantastic specialization infact, offering viable builds for Assault Rifle builds aswell as rifle and marksman builds all of which a re viable builds.

Im soloing WT5 challenge difficulty missions and level 4 control points with quite a few different builds 3 of which are using the Sharpshooter specialization.
    It gets even better in group play not having to worry about being flanked enabling builds to focus even more on headshot damage where you dont have to spec into rifle damage to balance the build incase you are flanked and need to whip out the rifle.

SVD focused headshot build with 4 million DPS is far from useless.

I think he meant the special as in the sniper rifle which is poor in comparison to the other two. All specializations have strengths and weaknesses

Demolitionist - the grenade launcher and LMG bonus plus the one that reloads everything. SMG buff is pretty nice if you're into that kind of thing

Survivalist - the mfkn grenades and AR buff

Sniper - Stability and reload perks. Try using an LMG with the unhinged perk with this class and it's night and day although you can lose a fair bit of damage if you don't pay attention

They have some other nice buffs and some of it is just down to personal preference. They have some terrible ones too. The health pack perk on the survivalist is dire

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think he meant the special as in the sniper rifle which is poor in comparison to the other two. All specializations have strengths and weaknesses

Demolitionist - the grenade launcher and LMG bonus plus the one that reloads everything. SMG buff is pretty nice if you're into that kind of thing

Survivalist - the mfkn grenades and AR buff

Sniper - Stability and reload perks. Try using an LMG with the unhinged perk with this class and it's night and day although you can lose a fair bit of damage if you don't pay attention

They have some other nice buffs and some of it is just down to personal preference. They have some terrible ones too. The health pack perk on the survivalist is dire

Agree. I am pretty sure OP had in mind the actual weapon you get with spec. And I do agree again with OP, it's garbage even after buff.
    The granade launcher you get with Demo spec is just day and night better.
    The spec themselves are different story. I like demo weapon, but I prefer marksmanship stability and reload buffs. Specially if you play on console. Controlling recoil on console is harder then with mouse on pc.

Well lads, thx for the tip about bank mission. I got my ChatterBox weapon. Did not realise that bench can be upgraded... Was sitting on max mats for very long time and could not understand why I can't get any better blueprints...
    So... I don't know if I like it. D2 is very heavy focused on medium to long range and smg that relies on landing hits just does not work for me. Specially when AI loves to play peekaboo. Messed around with it for a bit and went back to my M60/AR setup.

A bit burning out on game. Still love it and can't wait for new patches, but I do miss good old recalibration station, ability to increase GS score on your gear too. I do think that if you are 499-500 GS score then 500 gear should drop mainly. Kind of annoying that you have to keep GS score high as possible to get gear pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ ShadowHearth The chatterbox is only a stat stick, ie the blabbermouth talent that gives you +20% rate of fire after a you reload withing 5 seconds of a kill [on your main weapon]

Advertisement