Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

sKeith wrote: »
    What is that if not shade?

And you're shading me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Kolido wrote: »
    So if Keithy is munched Tuesday, we can lynch Pter, assuming he wasnt framed.

Wagonomics (where do they get these names) could be important in this game with no other tools to work with.

setting up a mislynch?

I am not shading, I am bring up your past posts.

You wrote them.

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader
    Impossible to read this early in a slow game, I'd take it with a pince of salt.

He's got me wrong for starters.

How was i wrong? Where you not casting shade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

My reply to guns n roses was clearly a joke.

My reply to guns n roses was clearly a joke.

Well, I'll be watching your progression on people.

Clearly, very slight inkling of wolf equity is the very lightest of sorts,

Your joke and the mislynch setup got you there.

You may disagree with my reads, but they are not wrong.

Instead of trying to discredit my reads, why not give some of your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Will we get much information from the munch tomorrow? Can someone confirm do the wolves always have a BR so they’d know who each other are? I’d imagine they’ll go for someone who hasn’t posted or who hasn’t said much if they themselves have been posting so as to not draw attention to posts they’ve made to the person munched.

With that in mind I think it would be good tonight for those people to speak now or forever hold your peace.

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Will we get much information from the munch tomorrow? Can someone confirm do the wolves always have a BR so they’d know who each other are? I’d imagine they’ll go for someone who hasn’t posted or who hasn’t said much if they themselves have been posting so as to not draw attention to posts they’ve made to the person munched.

With that in mind I think it would be good tonight for those people to speak now or forever hold your peace.

All munchee will be vanillagers.

Wolves will have a backroom and know who each other are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Will we get much information from the munch tomorrow?

That depends on who they munch and what that villager has posted really. Someone much clever than me will be able to sort out some fancy wagonomics for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

I look at this and I think this is an odd post...

... just a touch of “I’m a newbie”...

...just a pinch of “I don’t know how these usually work”....

....then straight in with a remainder of a post that says the exact opposite

Very strange....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

tritium wrote: »

Very strange....

I disagree, easy to not be sure on a new game type. Could easily be assumed what was being asked, newbie or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

https://youtu.be/zIYqhhUNanA

Love this song

Old soul, waiting my turn
    I know a few things, but I still got a lot to learn
    So I'm alright with a slow burn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Very strange....

I agree. The casual do the wolfies always have a backroom spiked my interest. Touch of newbie innocence mixed with I’m no wolfie because otherwise I’d know the answer.

DublinAndy2 pulled up in his black sedan with tinted windows and independent suspension in the village, outside of the creepy building that houses the only B and B that has space left for it. All those years of experience teaching yet he could feel the nerves shooting through his body as he knocked on the door of the guesthouse.

The kind but wearied looking owner of the guesthouse welcomed him in with warm but glazed eyes. Was she under a spell? Was she suffering from wolfmania or was she simply tired from staying up to watch got the night before, anything could be possible.

DublinAndy2 walked past what looked like a doorway to a communal area and could here someone shouting da 2 randomly, he poked his head in expecting someone to be looking after their elderly father and could see agent SKeith waving at him frantically with a big smile, ah DublinAndy2 thought, da2, SKeith was fond of shortening down names and waved at him back.

As they got to the top of the stairs and turned left the woman paused, looking slightly scared, with a whisper she mumbled, ‘I’m sorry sir but we overbooked, we’ve had to pair you up with someone’. Wondering why she looked so afraid DublinAndy2 told her not to worry, took the key from her and sent her on the way, shaking his head while laughing in disbelief that she thought he would be so bothered. He swung the door open and laying on one of the beds it was him, his mouth dropped open and the door key fell to the floor making a dramatic loud bang as it bounced of the varnished exposed floorboards.

‘You..... he said with a stammer, how did you get here?’ While thinking to himself he looked rather smooth, like he just had a shave.

The occupier smirked and looked back at him and said with a tone of voice only Green&Red could make. ‘You alrite duck? Me old Mucker, I’m going to make your life hell and make you beg to be munched’

DublinAndy2 closed the door behind him, picked up his key from the floor and said to himself, let the fun and games begin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Speechless

Nite

In fairness the amount of people he’s argued with outnumbers the amount of wolves in game. He doesn’t need to distract from people questioning him anyway, he just chooses to ignore them. Don’t think I missed that SK ;)

Sounds like you seem to think you have some valid points to make about me ignoring thing, but have chosen to not produce them and ask me why i ignore this or that or whatever you are talking about and decided to go the shade route instead.

Why don't you quote the things that I have supossedly ignored and ask me what my opinions are about the question or actions or whatever it is that you haven't missed that you think i am choosing to ignore.

From what I gathered though you’re saying your lock clear because of your previous posting style as an NRV, is that correct or did I miss something else? If that is the case that proves nothing to be honest, it could be that either G&R is a wolf too and brought it up to “clear” you or you saw it as an opportunity to “clear” yourself.

Is the whole point of being a wolf not to make yourself look like a villager? That’s a good way to go about it should the opportunity arise

Maybe its this. Why would I explain to the wolves how I am lock clear if they missed it.

I'll present that evidence before a potential mislynch on me and be satisfied that the wolves were not clever enough to pick up on it and munch me which will narrow my window for the 3 wolves significantly.
    It'd be great if thats the case, but the chances of randng 3 wolves from the group and the wolves not spotting it is quite low. So, you'll have to wait until Wednesday for that reveal.

Very strange....

That’s fair, I am a newbie though and I’m not 100% sure how these work. This is my second game and it’s a lot different to the last so still figuring some things out :o

Someone posted earlier about what information we’ll gather from the munch and that got me thinking about how the wolves can use it to their advantage. I know it was a slow burn weekend but if everyone had got even a little involved it would give us something to work with after the munch. Not much but better than nothing.

Maybe its this. Why would I explain to the wolves how I am lock clear if they missed it.

I'll present that evidence before a potential mislynch on me and be satisfied that the wolves were not clever enough to pick up on it and munch me which will narrow my window for the 3 wolves significantly.
    It'd be great if thats the case, but the chances of randng 3 wolves from the group and the wolves not spotting it is quite low. So, you'll have to wait until Wednesday for that reveal.

That’s exactly it and you ignored Bounty Hunter asking you about it too. You were being very evasive and just stating you were lock clear. You could have just given that explanation in the first place. I don’t see how claiming your lock clear and have evidence but keeping it close to your chest will help against the wolves? Surely the fact you’re claiming your lock clear and have evidence would make you a target already.

And the reason I didn’t ask you why you ignored things was because you didn’t respond to my last post to you and it wasn’t worth getting into an argument over. So yes I threw major shade with the wink face on purpose because you seem to love using the word so much.

You previously said to me about not acting like a villager but what angle are you playing here? I can’t see how your constant bickering with people is in the best interest of the village? You’re not weeding out potential wolves, you’re just putting doubts in people’s heads as to whose team you’re playing for.

• Advertisement

That’s exactly it and you ignored Bounty Hunter asking you about it too. You were being very evasive and just stating you were lock clear. You could have just given that explanation in the first place. I don’t see how claiming your lock clear and have evidence but keeping it close to your chest will help against the wolves? Surely the fact you’re claiming your lock clear and have evidence would make you a target already.

And the reason I didn’t ask you why you ignored things was because you didn’t respond to my last post to you and it wasn’t worth getting into an argument over. So yes I threw major shade with the wink face on purpose because you seem to love using the word so much.

You previously said to me about not acting like a villager but what angle are you playing here? I can’t see how your constant bickering with people is in the best interest of the village? You’re not weeding out potential wolves, you’re just putting doubts in people’s heads as to whose team you’re playing for.

What the actual f*ck? That made me laugh and uncomfortable at the same time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

DublinAndy2 pulled up in his black sedan with tinted windows and independent suspension in the village, outside of the creepy building that houses the only B and B that has space left for it. All those years of experience teaching yet he could feel the nerves shooting through his body as he knocked on the door of the guesthouse.

The kind but wearied looking owner of the guesthouse welcomed him in with warm but glazed eyes. Was she under a spell? Was she suffering from wolfmania or was she simply tired from staying up to watch got the night before, anything could be possible.

DublinAndy2 walked past what looked like a doorway to a communal area and could here someone shouting da 2 randomly, he poked his head in expecting someone to be looking after their elderly father and could see agent SKeith waving at him frantically with a big smile, ah DublinAndy2 thought, da2, SKeith was fond of shortening down names and waved at him back.

As they got to the top of the stairs and turned left the woman paused, looking slightly scared, with a whisper she mumbled, ‘I’m sorry sir but we overbooked, we’ve had to pair you up with someone’. Wondering why she looked so afraid DublinAndy2 told her not to worry, took the key from her and sent her on the way, shaking his head while laughing in disbelief that she thought he would be so bothered. He swung the door open and laying on one of the beds it was him, his mouth dropped open and the door key fell to the floor making a dramatic loud bang as it bounced of the varnished exposed floorboards.

‘You..... he said with a stammer, how did you get here?’ While thinking to himself he looked rather smooth, like he just had a shave.

The occupier smirked and looked back at him and said with a tone of voice only Green&Red could make. ‘You alrite duck? Me old Mucker, I’m going to make your life hell and make you beg to be munched’

DublinAndy2 closed the door behind him, picked up his key from the floor and said to himself, let the fun and games begin.....

TB wondered to herself if this Andy lad was one of those clowns who always talked about himself in the 3rd person!!

I don't know why that double quoted everything,!

Well today’s the big day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOLIDO!

TB wondered to herself if this Andy lad was one of those clowns who always talked about himself in the 3rd person!!

Clowns tend to be silent so I've heard, but I heard that from myself so DublinAndy2 may be wrong :D

Well today’s the big day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOLIDO!

This deserves a double quotation!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

You mean the British royal family?

tritium wrote:
    You mean the British royal family?

Absolutely!

• Advertisement

As I said a few days ago, I plan on firing a vote on somebody as soon as lynch form opens then declaring it on thread. Let that person argue their case and see if they can sway my opinion off them and onto someone else.

Also, I think we should all declare who we voted for after the lynch deadline but before the thread closes. Keep a note of your last vote time too. If I’m dead at 10, please try this out in my honour?

Advertisement