Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

In the same way you are of course
    tenor.gif

I'm heading out for a bit but if you want to explain to those who are questioning you how your clear that'll do the job for me too, cheers ;)

Nobody asked me how I was lock clear, I asked you and now you are avoiding having to answer. I know how I was lock cleared and will answer after you answer how you were 100% cleared.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sKeith wrote: »
    Nobody asked me how I was lock clear, I asked you and now you are avoiding having to answer. I know how I was lock cleared and will answer after you answer how you were 100% cleared.

Why are you so clear now to everyone ? Why would it be such a clear mislynch? after what?

Also seem to just be setting yourself up an obvious munch, what are you going to say if your not munched?

From a page ago, a post you thanked.
    giphy.gif

anyway really out now

From a page ago, a post you thanked.
    giphy.gif

anyway really out now

Why bury your question in a post about the premier league. At the mention of premier league my eyes glazed over. I thanked the post cause you answered my ignorance but because it was premier league, I had no desire to enlighten myself further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

But you made no Accusations. You split your thoughts into two paragraphs and didn't link them.

I'd prefer if someone was calling me a wolf to call me a wolf, not throw smear and shade and being non committal

That’s exactly what they were, thoughts. Which I stated in my second post. I don’t know 100% if you’re a wolf so why would I come out and say it. At this stage there’s nothing concrete to go on, you’re basically saying I can’t have suspicions.

I laid out what came to mind, you responded saying you’re lock clear and I responded by saying why I don’t think that clears you. Also mentioned the reason you’re lock clear and you didn’t respond to that. Much like how you didn’t respond to Bounty outright asking you.

You yourself are picking apart others posts without calling them a wolf outright too so why should it be any different for me?

Why bury your question in a post about the premier league. At the mention of premier league my eyes glazed over. I thanked the post cause you answered my ignorance but because it was premier league, I had no desire to enlighten myself further.

Why put a question to you, in a post directly answering a question from you and directly under a post of yours I quoted within it... cos it seemed like a place where it would get read and responded to (Guess not).
    tenor.gif?itemid=4917608

Pity all the focus is on the Funny Sk however, it'd be great if others were getting involved and scrutinized too. Pfft them thinking this is the best way to survive
    tenor.gif?itemid=5018677

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm torn. Firstly, why would a villager try to clear themselve so early, we have 20 villagers, if we mislynch, its not a huge deal. Your priority should be trying to find wolves, not clear yourself this early. Lynch a wolf this early and it would affect them more.
    Anyone saying they are lock clear look dusty in my book.

On the other hand, why would 2 such experienced players draw so much attention to themselves this early if they were wolves

Kolido wrote: »
    I'm torn. Firstly, why would a villager try to clear themselve so early, we have 20 villagers, if we mislynch, its not a huge deal. Your priority should be trying to find wolves, not clear yourself this early. Lynch a wolf this early and it would affect them more.
    Anyone saying they are lock clear look dusty in my book.

On the other hand, why would 2 such experienced players draw so much attention to themselves this early if they were wolves

If the 2nd of the 2 is me, I was just taking the p!sh by saying im the same as Skeith.

I mean I am good but like him (at least based on what has been offered so far) have nothing solid to prove that to everyone else.

Despite that BH being good is
    source.gif

Eventually Skeith will have to explain himself but he has by a massive margin the most posts right now and although he could be dodgy i'd imagine most of the focus is on him for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

He seems to think he can can tell that a slot is wolf if they say the forgot the game was happening, it was a joke. I've been pretty clear that i dont like this way of finding wolves, but he has given me evidence that its a thing so i wont hold it against him, but i wont be holding the same stance as him on the slots.

So, it dont really matter if you report back or not, if thats his stance on you OP, opening post. :)

Enjoy your sleep.

HA
    I've been working 15 hour days the last 2 weeks, and had my first hot meal last night in over a week. I'm not entirely sure what country I am :)

Actually having my first hot meal, probably makes me look like a wolf cause I eat villages....

Only 2 more weeks left and then I will be unemployed for the summer, I am so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

What did you have clara

duffman13 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I always find posts like this odd, basically saying I forgot the game was on etc, always stinks wolf to me

Anyway, 100 posts per phase max :) I'll do well to do 50. At least it appears to be slow moving anyway

WHY, WHY, WHY?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

This is a slow burner right? How have you all managed to rack up 19 pages on day0?!

I can’t remember who accused me of being fishy because I had a similar op to someone else, but in reply, I’d like to think I’m a bit smarter than to play like that if I were a wolf.

I’ve not got much reads on anyone really yet. There’s not much to go on. It really does baffle me that you’ve all got 19 pages!

How many posts per page do you have set on your account whipper. You can change it you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Pter wrote: »
    How many posts per page do you have set on your account whipper. You can change it you know.

Good to know :) Off to settings I go.

Pter wrote: »
    What did you have clara

It was an awful steak and chips with no vegatables. However I have cooked massaman for tonight, it's been stewing overnight and my house smells devine. PLus I am the queen of Pavlova and there is one ready in the oven.

Back to "another city" in the morning so bank holiday weekend for me. I'm not sure where I am flying to yet, that is tomorrows problem.

Right now my read so far is that people who pick fights for no reason are probably village. The agro defense, probably village too. Any experienced villages want to comment?

sullivlo wrote: »
    Mod Announcement

Hello.

As an oversight on our part, we never mentioned no meta gaming. Whilst we can’t enforce it, we do frown upon it.

And for the love of god, stop quoting posts from other games. They’re not relevant here.

What is meta gaming please?

Also ye all talk a load of ****e so you do

Clarabel wrote: »
    It was an awful steak and chips with no vegatables. However I have cooked massaman for tonight, it's been stewing overnight and my house smells devine. PLus I am the queen of Pavlova and there is one ready in the oven.

Back to "another city" in the morning so bank holiday weekend for me. I'm not sure where I am flying to yet, that is tomorrows problem.

Right now my read so far is that people who pick fights for no reason are probably village. The agro defense, probably village too. Any experienced villages want to comment?
    giphy.gif

Meta gaming is when information from outside of what is available in a game is used to give a player an advantage in-game. For example talking about how a player usually plays and if they are playing differently in this game is an example of meta gaming and one that is sometimes hard to avoid if players have played many non anon games (where we don't use our own accounts).

I'm caught up. It's A LOT of reading for a slow burn. I won't be back possibly til Wednesday morning. I'll be on the eurostar so I'll have an hour to read and post. But I will try read a bit on Tuesday evening after the lynch. I can post evidence of flights to prove I am not a wolf pretending not to hide. Metadata, but i have posted on other sign up threads about being too busy with work!

I'll make sure to post from UNDER THE SEA, that never gets old!

If a mountainous game is so hard for village to win then I don't feel too bad for having no idea who to vote for. Do you want me to declare now incase I don't get back?
    I'd really like everyone to answer my question about the spats for seemingly no reason.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm caught up. It's A LOT of reading for a slow burn. I won't be back possibly til Wednesday morning. I'll be on the eurostar so I'll have an hour to read and post. But I will try read a bit on Tuesday evening after the lynch. I can post evidence of flights to prove I am not a wolf pretending not to hide. Metadata, but i have posted on other sign up threads about being too busy with work!

If a mountainous game is so hard for village to win then I don't feel too bad for having no idea who to vote for. Do you want me to declare now incase I don't get back?
    I'd really like everyone to answer my question about the spats for seemingly no reason.

1st lynch 9pm Irish time Wednesday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod:

Reminder there is to be no editing of posts. Mods will allow it to slide on this one occasion but further breaches will result in a modkill.

If you make a mistake with a gif, or a spelling error - leave it alone, it is not permitted to change anything once posted on the game thread.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Ouch. You really should have read the rules. Rule 2 to be precise.

Clarabel wrote:

There'll be no accusation, just friendly crustaceans.

Necro wrote: »
    Game Mod:

Reminder there is to be no editing of posts. Mods will allow it to slide on this one occasion but further breaches will result in a modkill.

If you make a mistake with a gif, or a spelling error - leave it alone, it is not permitted to change anything once posted on the game thread.

Thanks.

auto pilot, my bad. SORRY.

Mods, given I just broke the rules I know you not likely to want to help but any chance you can update the OP with who has been silenced forever? It'll give a quick reference to someone coming back after a break to 30 pages.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

No need to say who you’re voting for, Clara. It’s far too early.

Mods, given I just broke the rules I know you not likely to want to help but any chance you can update the OP with who has been silenced forever? It'll give a quick reference to someone coming back after a break to 30 pages.

I believe that's what post #2 is reserved for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod:

No one is dead....yet.

First munch will be Tuesday morning at 10am with lynch on Wednesday evening, 8th May at 9pm.

The summary post will be updated as the game progresses.

Game schedule is included in the game OP along with the rules for your perusal. :)

Necro wrote: »
    Game Mod:

No one is dead....yet.

If only mods could lynch eh.

point taken

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If only mods could lynch eh.

point taken

They can. It’s called a modkill :P

Whiplashy wrote: »
    This is a slow burner right? How have you all managed to rack up 19 pages on day0?!

I can’t remember who accused me of being fishy because I had a similar op to someone else, but in reply, I’d like to think I’m a bit smarter than to play like that if I were a wolf.

I’ve not got much reads on anyone really yet. There’s not much to go on. It really does baffle me that you’ve all got 19 pages!

The mods removed all posting limits prior to the first munch on tuesday morning, so slow burner mode is disabled until then :p

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »

only 6 pages for me.

duffman accused you due to your OP.

" There’s not much to go on. It really does baffle me that you’ve all got 19 pages!"

This sentense baffles me. You say there is hardly any content then are confused there is so much content.

Can you explain better what you mean, as you seem to be expecting some magic to come along and solve this game. There is no magic in this game, you need to read the content and figure out how you feel about people and then write a post about it. Thats the only way this game gets solved.

Advertisement