Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Can I get into a lounge without the physical card?

I'm a Silver member but they told me it will take a month (a bloody month) for me to get the card. I fly again on Weds and can probably get by with the app showing my status in Dublin but will Manchester allow it?

Anyone got any experience?

App is no problem in any EI-operated lounges.

For the partner lounges (like MAN), it could depend on who's on the desk on the day.

I've gotten into Gatwick with just the app before - but wouldn't guarantee it

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Any ones points get reset by mistake?

I’m close to platinum and checked my account today, reset back to 0 on silver.

Called and was advised it was a mistake and an email was sent to IT to sort out

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

lordlame wrote: »

The credits are reset annually. Date of reset depends on when you joined.

Are you saying they were reset on the wrong date?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

lordlame wrote: »

Mine were reset to zero when I was just about to hit platinum to, I had a few missing points I was chasing up which would have taken me across the line if they’d been credited in time. I went through the motions of trying to get them to wait until all my missing points were properly credited before resetting my account but ‘rules is rules’.
    That was about a year and a half ago, it’s been at zero ever since. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

The credits are reset annually. Date of reset depends on when you joined.

Are you saying they were reset on the wrong date?

Yes - I needed to complete the points by March 2020 - they’ve been reset back to 0

The girl advised it was a mistake and IT would sort out, let’s see how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

I booked an economy plus partner ticket in Jan 2019 for a flight to USA in June, but the reason for flying has now disappeared.

I wanted to move the flight ideally to Summer 2020 but I was told

- any change would cost Eur100 per flight per person (=Eur400)
    - I can only change to a date up to Jan 2020, as ticket is only valid for 1 year from date of booking

Any thoughts on this - is this all correct, or do I have any other options ?

Help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

banchang wrote: »
    I booked an economy plus partner ticket in Jan 2019 for a flight to USA in June, but the reason for flying has now disappeared.

I wanted to move the flight ideally to Summer 2020 but I was told

- any change would cost Eur100 per flight per person (=Eur400)
    - I can only change to a date up to Jan 2020, as ticket is only valid for 1 year from date of booking

Any thoughts on this - is this all correct, or do I have any other options ?

Help appreciated.

Sounds about right to me unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Them the rules sadly, 100 euro per segment + fare difference

The coupon expiry is probably 12 months, but I would have thought 12 from the initial flight

Even if you could change the schedules are 330 days ahead so you could only change to Feb/Mar 2020 at best today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Stupid question:

Likely doing Aberdeen - Heathrow - Cork later in the year but of course can only book this through BA, not Aer Lingus.

The Aberdeen - Heathrow section is with BA, and the Heathrow to Cork is with Aer Lingus. Do I get Aer Lingus tier points for the Heathrow - Cork leg as I'm flying on Aer Lingus metal? (Obviously I'll have to chase it up a bit, I can't see it automatically crediting unless I can use my Aerclub number when booking on BA, which I doubt will work).

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

Stupid question:

Likely doing Aberdeen - Heathrow - Cork later in the year but of course can only book this through BA, not Aer Lingus.

The Aberdeen - Heathrow section is with BA, and the Heathrow to Cork is with Aer Lingus. Do I get Aer Lingus tier points for the Heathrow - Cork leg as I'm flying on Aer Lingus metal? (Obviously I'll have to chase it up a bit, I can't see it automatically crediting unless I can use my Aerclub number when booking on BA, which I doubt will work).

From the Aer Lingus website: “flights must be operated and ticketed by Aer Lingus in order to earn tier credits”
    https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/tiers-and-benefits/#/tab-0-green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

TBH thats a bit stupid, as I'm flying on an Aer Lingus plane and they are getting paid for it. Should get tier points for that IMO

TBH thats a bit stupid, as I'm flying on an Aer Lingus plane and they are getting paid for it. Should get tier points for that IMO

Agreed, but they’re not in an airline alliance so it’s not unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Noxegon

There are a lot of things about AerClub that are a bit stupid.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Noxegon wrote: »
    There are a lot of things Everything about AerClub that are is a bit stupid.

Fixed that for ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

Anyone know do you get tier credits for flights paid for with Avios points?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Sorry if this is a basic question but the AL website is rather vague, my job is sending me to New York on economy class. I'm a Silver Aerclub member. I want to personally pay to upgrade to business class. I have 15k Avios points, are these worth anything and can I use them to upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

tnegun wrote: »
    Anyone know do you get tier credits for flights paid for with Avios points?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a basic question but the AL website is rather vague, my job is sending me to New York on economy class. I'm a Silver Aerclub member. I want to personally pay to upgrade to business class. I have 15k Avios points, are these worth anything and can I use them to upgrade?

Think you need 20k each way

Casati wrote: »
    Think you need 20k each way

True but you might be able to buy some more if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    True but you might be able to buy some more if needed.

is there a number or someone in Aerclub who I can ring to chat about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭blackwhite

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Costs are on the EI website - min 37k avios per leg

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/spending-avios/#/tab-2-upgrades-to-business-class

blackwhite wrote: »

Yep, it’s all quite clear on the website. Upgrades to New York cost 37,000 off-peak and 44,750 peak each way. If you somehow manage to get enough Avios you email aerclubupgrade@aerlingus.com

What do people make of the new inter-Europe Economy meets Business-Class offering from Aer Lingus?
    https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/aer-lingus-news/aerspace/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think it's aimed at people booking a connecting flight on a business class ticket so they can't claim they're being cheated by booking a business class ticket and then being changed to economy class. (And I imagine AL loses a certain amount of connecting flight business from those people). Can't imagine it's worth booking on its own.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote: »
    I think it's aimed at people booking a connecting flight on a business class ticket so they can't claim they're being cheated by booking a business class ticket and then being changed to economy class. (And I imagine AL loses a certain amount of connecting flight business from those people). Can't imagine it's worth booking on its own.

You’d wonder why they just didn’t call it business class, it’s the same as BA business class on SH right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Corporate travel policies, you don't want to call anything business if you can avoid it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    You’d wonder why they just didn’t call it business class, it’s the same as BA business class on SH right?

It seems more like a premium economy product like SAS Plus or Eurowings BIZclass where you just pick something off the BoB menu. SAS Plus doesn't even have blocked middle seats but it is usually a a fair bit cheaper than business class on full service carriers.

BA Club Europe has proper business class catering and is actually pretty good for Euro-business class.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Corporate travel policies, you don't want to call anything business if you can avoid it

And definitely not <1500km or so for the firms that allow it on longhaul.

Plenty of businesses seemed OK with Plus / Advantage fares so may be fine with this too because it avoids that dirty word.

Can't actually check my corporate policy from home because I don't have a VPN client installed but I think it could fall foul of it as it doesn't use the word Business, just "top class" or similar. Do very little business travel anyway but I do have to go to London imminently.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Just looked for random date in October for a flight from Cork to Heathrow €105 difference in the fare from saver to aerspace

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Email today offering automatic points back on JustEat but it isn't offered on the site when go to sign up. Odd partner and odd way to get them; if it actually works at all.

Advertisement