Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Jaysis AerClub is still a bit of a disaster. Booking transatlantic and wanted to make sure I got the full 50 Tier Credits each way. With full fare credits it's three return trips make it to 300 points, but six return trips on the promo fares. I travel an awful lot but I got snared on that a few times last year and barely passed the threshold for silver.

Transatlantic Flights|
    Fare Type | Tier Credits (one-way flight)
    Saver | 15
    Smart (Sale or promotional fares - A, Z, W, T, O and R fare classes) | 25
    Smart | 50

Website says to ring them to get the Smart fare class, so we have problem number 1: need to ring them to get a non-promotional fare. Can't buy online. That's not ideal.

But it's not the end of the world so I spend half an hour on the phone but eventually get the full fare, paying a bit more than the price shown online.

But then the confirmation email arrives and we have problem number 2: says I'm in an A fare class... but the whole point of the phone call was to avoid fare class A, Z, W, T, O, R.

Quick chat on Twitter confirms it's half tier credits but problem number 3: they can't alter bookings, so they refer me to Upcoming Travel Enquiry form. Emails comes back and we have problem number 4: "we must require all changes that cannot be processed by our website to be processed by phone. So neither Twitter nor the Upcoming Travel Enquiry Form people can help me.

So we're back on the phone. Agent confirms booking is in fare class A but insists that it's a "special fare code A", different to online fare code A, that will get me full tier credits. Problem number 5: who's in the right? The website that says fare class A is half tier credits and the Twitter who confirmed it, or the person on the phone?

This is all madness. Who am I to believe?

There is no A class that would get 50 credits, it would be max 25.

You need to ask for next fare class after R, whatever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

A loyalty program that actively promotes disloyalty by being so convoluted and archaic in its structures. Really well done EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

How do you check tier credits due/received for any given flight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

For future reference, the agent on the phone did tell me the relevant fare codes that are regular non-discounted Smart as in full 50 tier credits were S, Q, E, and L. Mind you, she also swore blind that she had access to a special A-class that gave full credits too. She said her manager would ring me back, but that was about 20 hours ago now.

One of the worst things here is I feel I've exhausted my options. I've been in touch with EI on Twitter, via email, and over the phone. I've really tried to give them every opportunity and still have no resolution. I simply don't know how to escalate/fix this unless they ring me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

banchang wrote: »
    How do you check tier credits due/received for any given flight ?

On the website when you go to My AerClub tab in your profile. Down at the end of the page. Will show what you've received only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Nijmegen wrote: »
    A loyalty program that actively promotes disloyalty by being so convoluted and archaic in its structures. Really well done EI.
    Yup, compare and contrast with Lufthansa/Swiss Miles and More and AF/KLM Flying Blue, so much better and so much easier to follow your progress. Your flights are automatically credited within hours of taking them, if not within hours of reporting it. On Flying Blue when you submit a claim for missing points they get credited to your account instantly. You can also monitor your progress through the levels as it's based on the number of flights you take not some arbitrary fare code which is meaningless to most people, 30 flights with M&M silver, another thirty for gold regardless of the fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Looks like nothing has changed since the Gold Circle days. Shame.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

What's the deal with EI Elite lounge access? Anything on the horizon similar to OneWorld where anyone =/> Sapphire gets reciprocal access to partner lounges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Noxegon wrote: »
    Looks like nothing has changed since the Gold Circle days. Shame.

Maybe it’s rose tinted glasses but I think things have gone backwards since then. I don’t remember much trouble getting credits and status, the most basic stuff at least.

Maybe it’s rose tinted glasses but I think things have gone backwards since then. I don’t remember much trouble getting credits and status, the most basic stuff at least.

I've heard "the best got better" before, but not the other way round...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I see Level are allowing people to order food etc on board through an app and it gets delivered to your seat.

Someone explain please? "Level"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

IAG low cost carrier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_(airline)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As above, part of the IAG group. Apparently they are looking at expanding to markets not served by Iberia and Vueling. Think they are based in Barcelona and Rome at the moment.
    I suspect that A321LRs could be in their future very soon. IAG will be looking at the financials from EI getting them later this year.

Their marketing is atrocious, “an airline for the tech savvy traveler who isn’t constrained by brands”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

cson wrote: »
    What's the deal with EI Elite lounge access? Anything on the horizon similar to OneWorld where anyone =/> Sapphire gets reciprocal access to partner lounges?

Had this exact thought today in Brisbane and Hong Kong where I currently am. Not flying with Star Alliance so figured maybe my EI card would be accepted by some of the OneWorld carriers.

Nope, and apparently not since 2007?

Basically AerClub seems to be completely useless unless your flying with EI or BA, I can't see the point otherwise?

ironclaw wrote: »
    Basically AerClub seems to be completely useless

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

ironclaw wrote: »

Basically AerClub seems to be completely useless unless your flying with EI or BA, I can't see the point otherwise?

If nothing else it shows how good some of their rival's loyalty schemes are run...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

How is the fare class calculated?

Booked transatlantic flights @ €700 per person and the fare is listed as Z

No mention of sale etc ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

lordlame wrote: »
    How is the fare class calculated?

Booked transatlantic flights @ €700 per person and the fare is listed as Z

No mention of sale etc ..

If its a Smart fare you will only get 25 not 50. Z class is promo.

Select about your fare for class details before you pay to see what class it is.

Short Haul Saver 50% credits apply to A,Z,W,T class.
    Long Haul Smart 50% credits apply to A,Z,W,T,O,R class.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Have a aer lingus flight booked tomorrow morning to Germany. And return booked on Friday. Booked are checked in already. An not taking the flight out now but will need the flight back. Will this be a problem on Friday

st1979 wrote: »
    Have a aer lingus flight booked tomorrow morning to Germany. And return booked on Friday. Booked are checked in already. An not taking the flight out now but will need the flight back. Will this be a problem on Friday

Generally speaking, if you don't take the outbound leg of a round trip on the same booking, the whole trip is cancelled. You'll need to get in touch with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

For EU flights a no show should not cancel the remaining sectors as they are priced as two singles.

On US/Canada flights it will cancel as the fares are priced as a return.

For peace of mind as its the outbound leg, call EI today on the phone and get them to uncheck you and then at least you can apply for refund on the taxes. Will save the gate agents having to double check if you are present or not

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Rang today hadn't all the details first time. The first person said I did need to inform them. Then when I rang back had all details of booking the guy said no need to tell them. But think I could of claimed back taxes if I had of been able to deal with first person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

If nothing else it shows how good some of their rival's loyalty schemes are run...

It's a function of the amount of competition on routes out of Dublin.

AerClub doesn't need to have a gold (or even silver) plated service & offering.

IAG sees this & has acted accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

Is anyone else having issues with the website today? Trying to manage a booking since last night and all i get is a spinning wheel.....not computer, have changed networks and used three different computers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

I think that i know the answer to this question already, but i have conflicting info so i will ask here anyway....

Travelling to Hong Kong on Cathay next week (economy), can i use the Aer Lingus lounge or not ? In previous days gone by you used to have to be travelling on an EI flight, but the Concierge helpline indicated to me that i could use it, but i am not sure. Does anyone have any recent experience of something similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Answer is no unless its a EI operated flight

In the land of concierge there has been historically some suggestion that they don't care, I'll have to ask the ever helpful lounge staff when I pass through.

Generally found that the higher the tier, the less likely they are to care unless the lounge in question is very busy. Ask nicely, have your card on show and I've usually been waved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

I've been sucessful a few times getting a guest in with me on Silver in partner lounges too. Just play dumb at the desk and they'll often just waive you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

anyone familiar with the Aer Lingus lounge in TXL Berlin? I'll be there Wednesday evening and would love if they had the Champions league on a telly somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Can I get into a lounge without the physical card?

I'm a Silver member but they told me it will take a month (a bloody month) for me to get the card. I fly again on Weds and can probably get by with the app showing my status in Dublin but will Manchester allow it?

Anyone got any experience?

Advertisement