Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

L1011 wrote: »
    Email today offering automatic points back on JustEat but it isn't offered on the site when go to sign up. Odd partner and odd way to get them; if it actually works at all.

It is on their website. Under the ‘Card Linking’ tab in the ‘On the Ground’ section. 10 Avios per €.
    https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/collecting-avios/#/tab-1-on-the-ground

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

SB Morer wrote: »
    It is on their website. Under the ‘Card Linking’ tab in the ‘On the Ground’ section. 10 Avios per €.
    https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/collecting-avios/#/tab-1-on-the-ground

I was looking at the post login sections which had only two of those on it.

Rarely actually use Justeat myself; my partner does 90% of the ordering from them, but it'll be one or two hundred more points a year.

Need to do the sums on AerCard - already paying for Platinum with BOI anyway so its really negligible difference - as I'm already noticing the lack of SV points that become Avios coming in. I do a LOT of purchasing for work that's expensed back so it should easily pay for itself; will work out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

L1011 wrote: »
    Email today offering automatic points back on JustEat but it isn't offered on the site when go to sign up. Odd partner and odd way to get them; if it actually works at all.

Been chasing them for Avios for an order from a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Been chasing them for Avios for an order from a few weeks back

They have a notice up saying they are aware of the issues and points will be credited when resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They have a notice up saying they are aware of the issues and points will be credited when resolved.

Lovely - cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Corporate travel policies, you don't want to call anything business if you can avoid it

I’d say that’s it. If we can’t charge back the flight to the customer We can’t fly business , we can do premium economy. Which occasionally on BA can be dearer then business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Them the rules sadly, 100 euro per segment + fare difference

The coupon expiry is probably 12 months, but I would have thought 12 from the initial flight

Even if you could change the schedules are 330 days ahead so you could only change to Feb/Mar 2020 at best today

Further question - if the fare difference is negative ie flights are cheaper, what happens them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Unless the ticket is refundable you get no refund of the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Stark wrote: »
    I think it's aimed at people booking a connecting flight on a business class ticket so they can't claim they're being cheated by booking a business class ticket and then being changed to economy class. (And I imagine AL loses a certain amount of connecting flight business from those people). Can't imagine it's worth booking on its own.

So just noticed Advantage is now 40 points down from 50 and Aerspace now occupies this. TBH Advantage had ironically no advantage for folk with Concierge who got flex and luggage anyways.

But you are correct - it's a product for connecting J flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

Has anybody upgraded their Aer Lingus Booking to Business with points?

Was just enquiring about using Lounge, Priority Security as my booking still shows economy booking with Priority Seat in Business and the correct Business baggage allowance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Just did and mine shows the same thing. I presume the lounge will be fine. It says here anyway that you get lounge access with the Avios upgrade: https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/spending-avios/#/tab-2-upgrades-to-business-class . Not sure about priority security, guess have to wait to see what the actual printed ticket says when you checkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

Just did and mine shows the same thing. I presume the lounge will be fine. It says here anyway that you get lounge access with the Avios upgrade: https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/spending-avios/#/tab-2-upgrades-to-business-class . Not sure about priority security, guess have to wait to see what the actual printed ticket says when you checkin.

Thanks, good to hear somebody else is the same. I think I won’t check in online and just go to the business class check in, just in case online boarding pass says economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If a booking is modified by anyone other than yourself the website/app doesn't sync correctly

The boarding card will say business

Going out you will have access to the 51 state lounge after US CBP in Dublin as well as fast track security at both regular security and also at the CBP screening security

Coming back access to the lounge in BOS and also on transfer in Dublin

You can use the Business/AerClub check in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

51st & Green is one of the best lounges out there, would definitely plan to spend some time there. Similar to Amex Centurion's & AA Flagships.

The barista coffee they have there is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

cson wrote: »
    51st & Green is one of the best lounges out there, would definitely plan to spend some time there. Similar to Amex Centurion's & AA Flagships.
    The barista coffee they have there is fantastic.

I am wondering if I am missing something here. Nothing explicitly bad about the lounge but it is far far far far from the the best lounges out there. Again, it is perfectly fine but there is some bold statements here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

cson wrote: »

AA flagships are absolutely crap... Have you tried Virgin Atlantic's lounge in London or Quantas first in Sydney?..;)

51st and Green is ok. The coffee is great, the breakfast is ok, but there is no comparison with other Lounges when it comes to chefs, massage/spa facilities, private showing, private screening and immigration...etc....etc...;)

Business class is all fine and dandy, but it ain't first.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

I am wondering if I am missing something here. Nothing explicitly bad about the lounge but it is far far far far from the the best lounges out there. Again, it is perfectly fine but there is some bold statements here.

My reference points here are the standard US3 lounges (SkyClubs for DL, Admirals for AA, United Clubs for UA), which its far far better than. Centurion's would be better & AA's new Flagship lounge at JFK too.

I haven't had any significant experience of lounges in Asia but I believe they're top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

51st and Green is a good lounge. I'd even put it in the upper range of business class lounges - a tripadvisor 4 out of 5 if you will, and as we all know there are a lot of 2s and 3s that just get the job done. It's probably the best lounge in Dublin airport all around. But I wouldn't go putting it in the absolute best tier, no. It has good food options and the coffee bar is a great touch, good seating and a great view of the airfield. It can be a bit inconsistent in the service delivery (twice I've been in it and encountered dirty cutlery or plates put out by the staff); compared to the 4.5-5 lounges the food is not top tier and showering facilities aren't quite there either. The space makes best use of the view but it lacks the really quiet areas that I often treasure in a lounge.

Its unfair to compare 51st to Asian carrier lounges in one respect in that they don't really compete. But I think the lounge game is really coming up TATL in the US, with the new flagship Polaris lounges etc. The yanks are really making a play at the Asian carriers in that respect. Something that I actually really like in quite a few US lounges is a proper buzzing bar you can sit at.

Anyway, 4 out of 5 and definitely a big upgrade on sitting in the pen outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

mmc272 wrote: »
    Has anybody upgraded their Aer Lingus Booking to Business with points?

Was just enquiring about using Lounge, Priority Security as my booking still shows economy booking with Priority Seat in Business and the correct Business baggage allowance

I have used all of my free upgrades over the last two years to move my other half to Business when she travels to the US, and the whole process from check in to flight is always different.

Yes you can use fast track, though for most mid to late morning US flights this makes little or no difference, you can use the Business line downstairs at US immigration, but it only works for the first security bit, the CBP bit is all bundled into one, and you are fine to use what i think is a very average 51st and Green lounge.

When checking in online, sometimes it shows Business, sometimes Economy, sometimes it shows Business and Economy on the same plane. The Business seat number usually displays online (like yours), but not always. Sometimes it gives her a boarding pass to print at home, other times she has to go to a desk. One time recently she got an inexperienced person at the Aerclub desk that told her that she wasn't in business at all, so she had to queue for 35 mins at the ticket desk to confirm that she was actually in Business.

And if there is a queue at the AerClub checkin desk, and you need to get a boarding pass or drop a bag, we nearly always just go to a machine, far quicker. If there is an issue, just use the shortest queue, Aerclub or not. The Aerclub queue can be abysmally slow at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

mx5ire wrote: »
    The Aerclub queue can be abysmally slow at times.

Agree 100%.

What a way to treat your most loyal customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Finally made it to silver! Cashed in all my Aeroflot points and had a trip to new york on my last trip to Sakhalin as i knew id never be back there again(Hopfully)

What lounge do Aer Lingus use in Shannon?

Also, can i get into the lounge with the Virtual card on the app? As i believe it takes almost two months to get my pack?

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/airport-information/airport-lounges/#/tab-1-all-lounge-locations .

"Burren and Boru lounge"

They let you into the lounge in Dublin with a virtual card. Not sure about the Shannon one as that's not owned by Aer Lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Quick question, can a Silver card holder bring a guest through fast track security at DUB...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Quick question, can a Silver card holder bring a guest through fast track security at DUB...?

It’s not included in Silver benefits. But depending on who is on the desk I’ve seen them let people through accompanying a Silver member

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I have the Schiphol Privium basic, start to finish security and border patrol in under 5 minutes. Its a must for the summer period as i'm there every two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

blackwhite wrote: »
    It’s not included in Silver benefits. But depending on who is on the desk I’ve seen them let people through accompanying a Silver member
    Thanks, the last time I travelled Aer Lingus with my wife I bought her fast track security as I thought the airport would be busy at that time, when I got to the gate the guy told me I didn't need it because I could bring a guest..?
    I don't think I'll bother this time, I'll just go through the normal security with her, I don't fancy having to do 'the walk of shame' if they turn her away...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Thanks, the last time I travelled Aer Lingus with my wife I bought her fast track security as I thought the airport would be busy at that time, when I got to the gate the guy told me I didn't need it because I could bring a guest..?
    I don't think I'll bother this time, I'll just go through the normal security with her, I don't fancy having to do 'the walk of shame' if they turn her away...

I've Platinum and the OH has Silver so it's not something that we encounter when travelling together.
    About 18 months ago we took her parents on a trip and there was no problem bringing them through - but I don't know was that down to one of us having a platinum card.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I went through sometime last year, and a guy in front of me flashed a silver card, and brought through his wife & 3 kids with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Hi all,

Looking for some advice if possible please. I booked a family holiday (5 pax) in late July/early Aug but now need to change the flights and push the dates back by 1 week if possible. I'm an AerClub Platinum member and was hoping to get some relaxation of the €40 per person each way charge - €400 cost to change dates isn't appealing! I had used 82,000 Avios points as part of the booking also.

Spoke to someone on the Aer Lingus ticket desk while passing through Cork last week & they suggested I ring AerClub. Did so and spoke to the most unhelpful person I think I've ever dealt with, who basically said tough luck, unless I was Concierge!

Anyone having experience of making any such changes? I had booked Saver fares so presume I would get very little refund if I cancel and Avios points will have been lost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Advertisement