Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

sades89 wrote: »
    Aw thanks for getting back to me! Not hopeful for more calls tomorrow then.

Good luck with all your training!

You never know, I got my call last month on a Thursday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

At risk of sounding silly and overthinking things, do they leave a message or whatever if you miss them?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

W221 wrote: »
    At risk of sounding silly and overthinking things, do they leave a message or whatever if you miss them?

Yes they do! I used to worry that I’d constantly have to have to sit staring at my phone but they’re fairly sound about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Just got the call!!! Merit list 740-60

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sades89

Slatprh wrote: »
    Just got the call!!! Merit list 740-60

Well done! Glad to hear calls are still going out today. You must be over the moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 HunterStraid

Got the call at 10am, 740-750 on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

I’m within touching distance now, hoping for more calls today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

Do you all think that could be calls finished for this intake?

Do you all think that could be calls finished for this intake?

I would say so if you haven’t received a call. I was hoping your message was to say you had got
    Your call meaning my husband would be so much closer as he is just above you on ML.

Problem is what happens now? Are there even any calls for July and August?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

sades89 wrote: »
    I would say so if you haven’t received a call. I was hoping your message was to say you had got
    Your call meaning my husband would be so much closer as he is just above you on ML.

Problem is what happens now? Are there even any calls for July and August?

There isn’t usually an intake in July (unless that has changed due to the need for officers) so I suspect August will be the next date.

• Advertisement

There isn’t usually an intake in July (unless that has changed due to the need for officers) so I suspect August will be the next date.

I really hope so, just worries me as they only definitively confirmed training courses starting April May and June.

Fingers crossed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Anyone else from ROI get the call for June intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sun1710

Got the call on Wednesday merit list 730-740.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

Seeing as this is the most used thread at the moment and cabt really see anything about it elsewhere.
    I am wondering if anyone knows once you are in and passed out do you have the option of taking your weapon home as personal protection? I've heard yes but I'm not 100% convinced.

I am just about to go down the route of getting a firearms licence for a PPW but might not bother if the above applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

L85a3 wrote: »
    Seeing as this is the most used thread at the moment and cabt really see anything about it elsewhere.
    I am wondering if anyone knows once you are in and passed out do you have the option of taking your weapon home as personal protection? I've heard yes but I'm not 100% convinced.

I am just about to go down the route of getting a firearms licence for a PPW but might not bother if the above applies.

I think that is something you will have to ask should you get the call. Or if you already have at induction. This is not the place for that type of discussion!

Finally, I received a call after being held up 4 months through no fault of my own! Chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Yes you can take it home

Slatprh wrote: »
    Yes you can take it home

That's all I needed to know, thank you

Gymshark wrote: »
    I think that is something you will have to ask should you get the call. Or if you already have at induction. This is not the place for that type of discussion!

Finally, I received a call after being held up 4 months through no fault of my own! Chuffed!
    Calm your ham, it was only a question. And now that it's been answered it is now one you don't need to ask further down the line.

Congrats on getting the call, I know you’ve been mighty frustrated of late!

Calm your ham, it was only a question. And now that it's been answered it is now one you don't need to ask further down the line.

I already knew the answer but that’s neither here nor there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Pretty valid question tbh mate. Not all people are in the know.

Yes you can take it home.

But some peelers don't. And some get a PPW firearms cert to get something a bit less obtrusive to carry.

W221 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the call, I know you’ve been mighty frustrated of late!

Thank you. I have been but after clearing up a few issues that recruitment made I finally received an offer! Not before time if I’m honest!

I already knew the answer but that’s neither here nor there.

So why not just provide a knowledge based useful answer?

No need to act like that to anyone who only asks a question.

Thank you. I have been but after clearing up a few issues that recruitment made I finally received an offer! Not before time if I’m honest!

What happened? Admin errors?

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Pretty valid question tbh mate. Not all people are in the know.

Yes you can take it home.

But some peelers don't. And some get a PPW firearms cert to get something a bit less obtrusive to carry.

Nice one, thanks for the insight mate, saves me a few hundred quid then!

Nice one, thanks for the insight mate, saves me a few hundred quid then!

My friend (peeler) takes theirs home a lot of the time. I think I probably would too given the opportunity. I’m already a certified firearms holder for sporting as well.

Because that’s a question which has security ramifications and not one for a public forum.

Because that’s a question which has security ramifications and not one for a public forum.

Mate everyone knows peelers can carry off duty. So what ramifications are these?

Mate everyone knows peelers can carry off duty. So what ramifications are these?

If everyone knows then why would he need to ask? You don’t know who you are talking to on here, coming from a job with an already heightened security risk, I know this not something that should be discussed on a public forum!

• Advertisement

If everyone knows then why would he need to ask? You don’t know who you are talking to on here, coming from a job with an already heightened security risk, I know this not something that should be discussed on a public forum!

Those who wish us harm will know this stuff already so not like they don't know.

Bit of a deterrent actually isn't it?

Advertisement