Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARE you going to vote

Options

Comments

is_that_so wrote: »
    You can just write it on and spoil your vote!

No. Because there are numerous reasons that all fall under the header of spoiled vote. I would like to hear the declared numbers who voted none of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Casey has an opinion? It is barely formulated tbh.

Your really shouldn't use 'tbh', honesty seems to be an issue for you. Anyhoo I'm not helping you turn this thread into a car crash. Like your buddy its time to put you on ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Kivaro wrote: »
    I will vote a certain way in order to send Varadkar a message:
    Don't lie to us and say that you will look after the workers/contributors of this country. Liar.

If enough people vote like this, then the message will get through.
    If they don't, then more of the same (lies) will follow.

Do you mean by voting for a certain candidate or you're going to blow up a polling station?

• Registered Users Posts: 66,997 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Your really shouldn't use 'tbh', honesty seems to be an issue for you. Anyhoo I'm not helping you turn this thread into a car crash. Like your buddy its time to put you on ignore.

Whenever you are ready to stop fighting some battle you have going on in your head and are ready to deal with the points made, get back to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Absolutely everyone should be made to vote.
    I'll be voting for Rita harrold I think she would be an excellent representative for Ireland

Joking?

Why should people be forced to participate?

• Advertisement

Do you mean by voting for a certain candidate or you're going to blow up a polling station?

Like the saying goes, 'If you want to send a message, use the post office'. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

begbysback wrote: »
    Joking?

Civic duty

Absolutely everyone should be made to vote. I'll be voting for Rita harrold I think she would be an excellent representative for Ireland

She's going to work for the planet? Good she is setting her sights high, pity she hasn't a snowballs chance though.

Joking?

It has it's merits I have to say. Mandatory voting isn't new and is used in Australia and Brazil I think.

Whenever you are ready to stop fighting some battle you have going on in your head and are ready to deal with the points made, get back to us.

Francie as I asked you yesterday whos this 'we' you speak for and now today 'us' ? Is that the bunch of ( pick a name) who made the compliant about Casey to the Guards yourself included?

• Advertisement

Francie as I asked you yesterday whos this 'we' you speak for and now today 'us' ? Is that the bunch of ( pick a name) who made the compliant about Casey to the Guards yourself included?

'We' as in all of us here on Boards. I don't speak for them. But I am sure they'll all be delighted to see you engaging with the actual points being made.

'We' as in all of us here on Boards. I don't speak for them. But I am sure they'll all be delighted to see you engaging with the actual points being made.

You seem to have appointed yourself as spokesman. I'm sure most my self included don't care what you think. I have enough of you and your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I set up one of those doodle polls the other day to decide when a club should meet; Monday from 6-7pm or Tuesday from 6-7pm.
    Most people didn't vote. Of those that did, most people voted for Monday, and so the meeting will be on Monday.

The people who voted for Tuesday certainly have a right to be displeased. Those who didn't vote, less so, absolutely. What about the people who voted for Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I am currently looking into moving to Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown so I can vote for Grace Tallon.

Or maybe a meritocracy process, where those who have already contributed most are elected?

The benefit to society would be enormous, politicians would have to produce, on paper, what has been already been achieved, rather than a piece of paper stating what they are going to achieve.

Politicians having to fulfil their promises? You’re living in lala land :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I'll be voting for Rita harrold I think she would be an excellent representative for Ireland

Mandatory voting yes as for Rita.... I think I’ll pass

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Mandatory voting yes as for Rita.... I think I’ll pass

Vote for whomever you like just vote

Vote for whomever you like just vote

That’s the idea, pity so many are that let down by past candidates that they don’t see the point. Most of them aren’t lazy unemployed people just sick of hoping things will be different this time around.

That’s the idea, pity so many are that let down by past candidates that they don’t see the point. Most of them aren’t lazy unemployed people just sick of hoping things will be different this time around.

But it’s never going to be different, is it?

Mandatory voting would help to enforce in politicians minds that they are representatives of all the people. Might help to get rid of that feeling of marginalisation too.

• Advertisement

Not without a massive amount of people getting involved in politics at a very local level and by us having a party for nearly every different outlook which in reality ain’t really gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I've literally voted in every single election and referendum since I turned 18.

I don't think I'm an overly patriotic person, but as a citizen of Ireland I genuinely believe it is my civic duty to vote.

I've given almost every party a preference except for Fianna Fail as I believe they have had too much power and control over the last 100 years. Also would never vote for any far right racist political parties.

For example, if Simon Coveney delivers the Event Center for Cork City I might give him a 1 or 3. Otherwise he'll get no number from me.

It nearly always boils down to the parish pump. It's unfortunate but is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Im going to vote a few times.

Mandatory voting would help to enforce in politicians minds that they are representatives of all the people. Might help to get rid of that feeling of marginalisation too.

I firmly believe that a decent whack of those who shout the loudest regarding cutbacks, the government, etc, have probably never bothered their arses to go out and vote.

I vote, I love the excitement around results but right now I’m giving 2 votes out to candidates from my village. The reason being - I have no idea who the others are and popping a pamphlet through my door once every 4 years isn’t putting in the legwork as far as I concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Indeed she would. Furthermore, it would be nice for Ming to have someone to laugh at. It must get lonely being the European Parliament's resident buffoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

I've literally voted in every single election and referendum since I turned 18.

I don't think I'm an overly patriotic person, but as a citizen of Ireland I genuinely believe it is my civic duty to vote.

I've given almost every party a preference except fpr Fianna Fail as I believe they have had too much power and control over the last 100 years. Also would never vote for any far right racist political patties.

For example, if Simon Coveney delivers the Event Centre for Cork City I might give him a 1 or 3. Otherwise he'll get no number from me.

It nearly always boils down to the parish pump. It's unfortunate but is true.

But Simon isn't running on 26 May!

Clare Daly and Mick Wallace are though. I’m sure I read that. How can they run when they are TDs?

Clare Daly and Mick Wallace are though. I’m sure I read that. How can they run when they are TDs?

Sitting TD's can run for Europe. Fitzgerald is running she is a current backbencher for FG.

How is it allowed? You can’t possibly represent your national electorate if you’re concentrating on the fun and games in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

How is it allowed? You can’t possibly represent your national electorate if you’re concentrating on the fun and games in Europe.

By-election......

Advertisement