Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARE you going to vote

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,246 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is avoiding answering the line of questioning a general tactic you employ with your youngest too?

If you can't be bothered informing yourself and wish to vote at random you have already decided NOT to vote.
    What's the next question...'What if I fire darts at the ballot paper?' ??

Jesus. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'll be in Spain.
    First time not voting in 12 years unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ26_iHkx6dPdLPBpXYjdQNLjbfokMqIERNFZ_9ZUP8HadZD295

NEVER!

WYnQYRt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you vote yes say goodbye to daddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I usually do but this time I just don't know. There's little difference in the local candidates who put some bland ideas on their literature (and the USP of a few of them, according to their posters, is that they are actually local) and the Europeans don't do much. I'd probably vote yes in the referendum.

Last time I voted for an independent on an anti-junket anti-corruption platform and tbf he did raise a stink, but I think he's gone back to the day job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If you can't be bothered informing yourself and wish to vote at random you have already decided NOT to vote.
    Okay, so we've established it's only informed voting that counts, thanks. I presume you have some definition of what constitutes sufficiently informed voting - e.g., one can't vote for a candidate just because they're physically attractive, or have promised to fix the pothole on your street?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

#hometovoteCasey
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

#hometovoteCasey

Edgy, kicking a hornet's nest with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yip I am going to base my vote on who's posters annoy me the least over the next few weeks
    To the local labour fella- you are gone because you have 10 posters in a row on every pole on 1 road in to town

Edgy, kicking a hornet's nest with that one.

I'm sure all those that were advocating emigres to bend the rules to return for the recent referendums will have no problem with people returning to vote Casey.

They wouldn't want to be hypocrites now would they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you vote yes say goodbye to daddy!
    elaborate on that?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Okay, so we've established it's only informed voting that counts, thanks. I presume you have some definition of what constitutes sufficiently informed voting - e.g., one can't vote for a candidate just because they're physically attractive, or have promised to fix the pothole on your street?

I'll let you work it out for yourself. You are getting there.

They wouldn't want to be hypocrites now would they?

Of course they would , sure don't you know anyone willing to vote for Casey is a racist according to some.

elaborate on that?

"Hello Divorce goodbye daddy" was a No campaign poster in the 95 referendum.

Not sure if their fears proved to be founded. Do father's get custody/equal access in the Irish system?

anyone willing to vote for Casey

I'd have a more basic view of them tbh. Racism requires some degree of cognitive ability after all.

To vote for a candidate in a mostly rural constituency whose only contributionto a debate on farming, is to say 'Look at farming...sure it's (turn palms upward despairingly)....' is just baffling.

I’d like to see a “none of the above” option on the ballot paper. That would truly be democratic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

elaborate on that?

Divorce referendum is on the same say as local elections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I will vote a certain way in order to send Varadkar a message:
    Don't lie to us and say that you will look after the workers/contributors of this country. Liar.

If enough people vote like this, then the message will get through.
    If they don't, then more of the same (lies) will follow.

I'd have a more basic view of them tbh. Racism requires some degree of cognitive ability after all.

Your posting from yesterday shows you are anything but honest. The rest of your comment is as always, condescending nonsense due to your inability to accept an opinion at variance to your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kivaro wrote: »
    I will vote a certain way in order to send Varadkar a message:
    Don't lie to us and say that you will look after the workers/contributors of this country. Liar.

If enough people vote like this, then the message will get through.
    If they don't, then more of the same (lies) will follow.
    So what form will this actually take? It's very cryptic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I’d like to see a “none of the above” option on the ballot paper. That would truly be democratic.
    You can just write it on and spoil your vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Are there any Russian controlled candidates?

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

I was kicked off the register, so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

is_that_so wrote: »
    So what form will this actually take? It's very cryptic.

One can only assume it will involve a drawing of a crude cock and balls. Possibly with the word “****” scrawled across it, the “R” backwards, of course.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Or maybe a meritocracy process, where those who have already contributed most are elected?

The benefit to society would be enormous, politicians would have to produce, on paper, what has been already been achieved, rather than a piece of paper stating what they are going to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

May 24th - YES
    May 26th - NO

Your posting from yesterday shows you are anything but honest. The rest of your comment is as always, condescending nonsense due to your inability to accept an opinion at variance to your own.

Casey has an opinion? It is barely formulated tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Balanadan wrote: »
    I was kicked off the register, so probably not.

Off one and on to another?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Never missed a vote I was eligible for yet. There’s only two candidates in our area that I’ve heard of. 1 I’ve heard of because he’s my neighbor, the other because she goes above and beyond helping out people locally. I’ll be telling the neighbor I’m voting for him, but he’s a waster, and I wouldn’t dream of actually doing it :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Absolutely everyone should be made to vote.
    I'll be voting for Rita harrold I think she would be an excellent representative for Ireland

Advertisement