Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread III: Les Miserables SEE MOD WARNING POST #1924 + #2755

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Big chance for Rea Jnr, he has gone well since coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭launish116

bilston wrote: »
    Big chance for Rea Jnr, he has gone well since coming on.

He's done very well so far!

I've seen enough in less than 10 minutes to think Marcus Rea has more than a bit about him (although he just gave away a penalty).

A good full pre-season and no reason why he can't start pushing for game time next season!

Great try by Shanahan

• Advertisement

Pretty galling that McFadden should score that

Pretty galling that McFadden should score that

Clancy has been terrible, equally for both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

McFadden to Ulster?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I’d say claiming Clancy has been equally bad is being a bit diplomatic. He’s shafted Ulster with that red card decision

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I love Ferg but can he not fcuk off when he's playing Ulster. Every fcuking game....

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    I love Ferg but can he not fcuk off when he's playing Ulster. Every fcuking game....

He's like Rob Kearney, always a solid bet for a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

launish116 wrote: »
    He's like Rob Kearney, always a solid bet for a card.

Or in fergs case a try.

Don't think that's a try.

Marcus Rea is really putting his hand up!

McPhillips hasn't a clue

Brilliant spot by Rea

Great by Rea.

Our forwards are going to be drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

He's offside there.

Left foot ahead of the ball. That should have been a Leinster penalty.

Far be it from me to question Dan McFarland, but why has it taken until 27th April this season for Marcus Rea to get a chance.

troyzer wrote: »
    He's offside there.

Left foot ahead of the ball. That should have been a Leinster penalty.

I wondered that myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I wondered that myself

Surprised it wasn't checked.

Fair play to Ulster's forward.

Please re-sign Nagle!

That's a great win. Well deserved. Some of the young cubs were excellent. McBurney and O'Toole had a big impact and young Marcus Rea showed he has a big future.

It wasn't pretty but it will give the whole squad a big lift ahead of next week.

That's a great win. Well deserved. Some of the young cubs were excellent. McBurney and O'Toole had a big impact and young Marcus Rea showed he has a big future.

It wasn't pretty but it will give the whole squad a big lift ahead of next week.

Indeed, hard points grinded out. Forwards earned their wage today!

Marcus Rea really put his hand up! great to see. After a decent pre-season Rea, McBurney and O'Toole should be seriously putting their hands up for game/bench time.

Is Rea Jnr a 8 normally?

Get Nagle signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Indeed, hard points grinded out. Forwards earned their wage today!

Marcus Rea really put his hand up! great to see. After a decent pre-season Rea, McBurney and O'Toole should be seriously putting their hands up for game/bench time.

Is Rea Jnr a 8 normally?

He's an 8/6 but has filled in for the A's at 7 I think. Pleasantly surprised by him, put in some shift.

He's an 8/6 but has filled in for the A's at 7 I think. Pleasantly surprised by him, put in some shift.

Agreed, was worried when he came on so early his conditioning would struggle at this level. Noticed he had the smart at a couple of rucks including his try to pick and go fast rather than wait for support.

Agreed, was worried when he came on so early his conditioning would struggle at this level. Noticed he had the smart at a couple of rucks including his try to pick and go fast rather than wait for support.

He was definitely out on his feet in the moments before his try.

As you say a proper pre season behind him and it will do him the world of good.

Dan knows he can play him at Pro 14 level now without too many fears. It's only a couple of years ago that he was captain of the Ireland U19s so he has some pedigree

Seeing McBurney is a hooker in Best's mould, always threatening the turnover swell!

Always great to see the future putting their hand up. Things really are on the up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Yes. Mcphillips looked very, very rusty. This time last season he helped keep us in Europe. The more game time he got the better he became. I hope he gets more opportunities next season. I know everyone sings the praises of Lowry and he is a bag of tricks but I worry about his physical resilience. If he is a 10 then he needs to play at 10. We look better with Addison at 15 so we then need to continue to develop our young 13s to play alongside our other centres.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement