Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public/Private worker gap to grow

Options
  • 21-04-2019 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

Public so called workers to get full parental pay for 7 weeks while us idiots in the private sector will just get the dole equivalent.

WTF is this government doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Public so called workers to get full parental pay for 7 weeks while us idiots in the private sector will just get the dole equivalent.

You should get a better job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

dresden8 wrote: »
    You should get a better job.

Or unionise and demand a livable level of parental pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Rabble, rabble, rabble.

Nothing is stopping private sector employers from topping up their employees wages, but many of them obviously won't do that.

It isn't up to the Government to make sure their employees get no more than those in private enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

So-called post by a so-called boards user. This is my so-called reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Easy to spot the lefty unemployed or underemployed on boards!

Shame on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Great news. The more time parents can spend with their children during their formative years the better for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Shame on you.

Gainfully employed my so-called friend. Maybe you need a so-called hobby, might take the so-called edge off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Shame on you.

I work six days a week for the private sector. Does it bother me that I don't reap the same rewards as people doing the same job in the public sector? Yes, it does a bit, but I'm not about to start whining like a baby about a situation that I walked into with my eyes open, and could walk out of tomorrow if I wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Do you know how many people are classified as Public Sector workers in Ireland? Or about diversifications that exist in terms of work they do? No you don't have a clue I imagine, because you are playing one of the most tired tropes that has ever existed in Irish public discourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,780 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

When did this start? And what is parental pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

*shrugs* my sprog producing days are behind me…

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

When did this start? And what is parental pay?

I've never heard of 7 weeks paid parental pay

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Supporting parents to raise their families at a difficult time perhaps?

But if you do want to compare public and private, make sure you do a full comparison. Make sure you include all those benefits that white collar workers have, include work from home (aka cutting the grass time), health insurance, disability insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Yurt! wrote: »
    Gainfully employed my so-called friend. Maybe you need a so-called hobby, might take the so-called edge off.

'I should never have taught him that word'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Plenty of jobs going in the public sector.

Publicjobs.ie»»»»»

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Abba987 wrote: »
    I've never heard of 7 weeks paid parental pay

Surely if public sector employees are to get that, paid out of general taxation, then private sector employees and self employed will GET THE SAME PAY out of general taxation?

Like hell they will.

If it's any consolation to the OP and his spectacularly benighted worldview the vast majority of the 300,000 "lefties" who constitute Ireland's public sector pay an extra 10%, or more, per annum in tax than other PAYE taxpayers do. Time to google PRD/ASC.

It is, nevertheless, a really extraordinarily special kind of special to focus on other PAYE workers when there are hundreds of thousands of "cash in the hand" members of Ireland's self-employed sector for whom tax evasion is an integral part of their business model. Start with tradesmen, move on to structural engineers, architects, medical doctors, all owners of retail businesses...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Stop whinging. I'm in the private sector and doing fine. You get what you put in. Plenty of opportunities and rewards. Stop comparing yourself to others and do your best.

Weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You need to take it up with your employer. Two of our family, who are Private Sector workers, got full pay less the amount of the Paternity Benefit payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

You need to take it up with your employer.

Most small businesses cannot afford to give their employees an extra 7 weeks holidays on full pay. And will the government pay self employed and businesses the same as it does its own employees for these extra holidays? No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

janfebmar wrote: »
    Surely if public sector employees are to get that, paid out of general taxation, then private sector employees and self employed will GET THE SAME PAY out of general taxation?

Like hell they will.

But are they getting It? Genuine question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

All whinge and no action.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

mad muffin wrote: »
    *shrugs* my sprog producing days are behind me…

I prefer the term 'Ballbag Gremlins'

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Source?

A wild imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I prefer the term 'Ballbag Gremlins'

Crotch goblin is my personal favourite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hey op
    Stop moaning and get a job in the public sector if it bothers you that much.

You're all the same. Moan moan moan about what others are getting. But don't tell me, when posed with the obvious question of why don't you do the same you like to reply with "*moan* why I do I have to it's not fair"

Life ain't fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

banie01 wrote: »
    Crotch goblin is my personal favourite :)

That's the one! Reddit pic?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That's the one! Reddit pic?

Yep! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

You need to take it up with your employer. Two of our family, who are Private Sector workers, got full pay less the amount of the Paternity Benefit payment.

I'm very well paid and not in need of this additional free money for civil servants.

It is nonetheless disgraceful that a sector of our workforce gets every gold plated benefit going, while the hard working private sector tax payer foot their bills.

But hey, dont worry, the ultra hard left never let the facts get in the way of their opinion.

Advertisement