Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Croagh Patrick in Mayo today, sitting pretty above the clouds. Inversion was at just over 2,000ft at lunchtime when I arrived, it rose closer to summit level later in the afternoon. Crystal clear above the inversion, distant mountain tops looked very close (Nephin is in shot here)

All in all a nice day out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

highdef wrote: »
    Oh I love when you talk dirty!

2z2pgm.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The ECM is showing a lot of Sahara dust arriving over Ireland early Tuesday and into Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The ECM is showing a lot of Sahara dust arriving over Ireland early Tuesday and into Wednesday.

A would that have any affect on the planes you fly reduced vizability ect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sryanbruen wrote: »
    That would be remarkable as its April record is only 22.2c on 20th April 1943 and 16th April 2003 - it has a higher March temp record of 23.4c on 29th March 1965.

For curiosity sakes, Dunsany's April temp record is 22.1c on 25th April 1975 with the old manual station whilst 20.9c on 22nd April 2011 (Good Friday) with the automatic station that began its records in 2006.

No record at Phoenix Park but Dunsany had a max of 22.3c making it the warmest April day on record at the station for both the automatic station and all-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Actually seems Sunnier today when I was expecting more clouds.
    But more of a breeze though.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Beautiful morning in d9

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ZX7R wrote: »

It wouldn't reduce visibility that drastically no.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

amazing day here in Meath, much stronger sunshine than yesterday. Currently 20C. 21C reported at Phoenix Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

ZX7R wrote: »

For airliners, no, but for light aircraft flying visually, possibly. The past week has already been difficult in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭squarecircles

16jne5u.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy and only about 12 degrees down here in West cork. Cork airport reporting 13 degrees and cloudy at home in the city so similar there too I'm assuming. Total opposite of yesterday, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Windy in Arklow gusting to 35kmh off the cold sea,so just 16c here now but sumny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

21.1c at Dublin Airport, new April record beating 20.5c in 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Cloudy and only about 12 degrees down here in West cork. Cork airport reporting 13 degrees and cloudy at home in the city so similar there too I'm assuming. Total opposite of yesterday, :(

Beautiful day near Mallow just about missing out on that cloud on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Beautiful day near Mallow just about missing out on that cloud on the coast.

Weather forecast was pretty spot on last night. Showed.the coast and the city having cloud from from just above the city clear skies and warmer. Enjoy it! :)

Edit: city has clear skies too actually. Just a thick cloud down here :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

WJ8I0hz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sryanbruen wrote: »
    21.1c at Dublin Airport, new April record beating 20.5c in 1987.

Reporting a rounded 22°c at 2:30pm, even higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dull NE Galway :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still glorious sunny day here with gin blue skies.

glad i'm not on holidays in south of Spain this easter.

https://www.webcamfuengirola.com/webcam-paseo/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭acequion

WJ8I0hz.jpg

Just got back late last night and am delighted with it here in Tralee. A beautiful spring day. What on earth do we want with 22C in April! :eek: But from June on, yes please. :pac:

acequion wrote: »
    Just got back late last night and am delighted with it here in Tralee. A beautiful spring day. What on earth do we want with 22C in April! :eek: But from June on, yes please. :pac:

I'd be perfectly happy with this every single day between now and October 7th.

Hopefully we will get some days up to 30C in June, July and maybe August.

Gonzo wrote: »
    still glorious sunny day here with gin blue skies.

glad i'm not on holidays in south of Spain this easter.

https://www.webcamfuengirola.com/webcam-paseo/

Back in the noughties I used to go to southern Spain at Easter. And generally got lousy weather there while it was good at home. Seems to be the case again this year.

Nothing worse than weather like a bad Irish summer when you go away for a bit of sun. The trick is go to Spain in the summer to escape a bad Irish summer. ;) That's what I try to do nowadays.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'd be perfectly happy with this every single day between now and October 7th.

Hopefully we will get some days up to 30C in June, July and maybe August.

I wouldn't. I love seasons. I love warmth from June to end of September and then I love to see autumn arriving. And then a nice crispy winter.

Generally doesn't happen in Kerry. And temps up to 30C. Dream on! Sorry to be a party pooper but we could get a right let down this summer. I'd still be planning the get aways to Spain just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭highdef

I wouldn't. I love seasons. I love warmth from June to end of September and then I love to see autumn arriving. And then a nice crispy winter.

Generally doesn't happen in Kerry. And temps up to 30C. Dream on! Sorry to be a party pooper but we could get a right let down this summer. I'd still be planning the get aways to Spain just in case!

Eh, temperatures exceeded 30c in my bank garden last June. And that wasn't a dream either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭squarecircles

im not sure whether to go to the off license,the pub or go to bed,

no wonder theres an alcohol problem in this country.

right now right across mainland europe everyones out enjoying the early summer like weather.brilliant blue skies and plenty of uv light.

youd hardly find a bench to sit on in this country.

such appalling recreactive infrastrutre,and its obvious why now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,164 ✭✭✭✭km79

im not sure whether to go to the off license,the pub or go to bed,

no wonder theres an alcohol problem in this country.

right now right across mainland europe everyones out enjoying the early summer like weather.brilliant blue skies and plenty of uv light.

youd hardly find a bench to sit on in this country.

such appalling recreactive infrastrutre,and its obvious why now.

I cut the lawn earlier and then went for a cycle with the young lad
    Spent most of yday in Coole Park

It’s a wonderful country with plenty to do when the sun is shining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭esposito

Sorry to be a party pooper but we could get a right let down this summer. I'd still be planning the get aways to Spain just in case!

You could well be right - this summer could be a major disappointment but my hunch is that we will get something similar to last year. It would be nice to have a warm and sunny August for a change. It has been a long time since that happened. Still, I am booking a trip to Spain in July as usually June tends to be our best summer month here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭OldRio

Overcast all day. Fed up.
    Leitrim

Advertisement