Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

22.5c in Kildare and V Hazy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

After becoming very hazy in Cork City. No longer a blue sky, but still sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

18.5c in Arklow and not a breath of sea breeze
    Unusual
    Pole at 30ft only measuring 3.5kmh SE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

reached 21C here in meath earlier, gone more cloudy now but still nice and warm. Tomorrow could be slightly warmer in the east of the country and looks reasonably good to about Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

It's just so nice to be out and about with the kids.any day you can be outside all day is a perfect day to me , who really cares if there is a bit of high cloud or haze, enjoy it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Slightly cloudy now in Castlebar but still a lovely day, it got up to 20.3C with a gentle northerly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A good bit more cloud tomorrow especially in the north and west.

Some sun breaking through in the east which will hopefully lift temperatures here.

hirlamuk-4-29-0.png?19-11

hirlamuk-41-33-0.png?19-11

Enjoy it though, it's downhill through next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yesterday afternoon was very nice in St. Anne's Park, otherwise just been hazy, misty or cloudy. Disappointing to be honest. Last April's warm spell was similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nice and warm but a lack of sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another really hazy day in Letterkenny, considering what we forecast it's been really disappointing here, very little sunshine all week. Warm today at least and a nice calm evening

Edit: Actually its now totally clouded over, just in time for getting home from work..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yesterday afternoon was very nice in St. Anne's Park, otherwise just been hazy, misty or cloudy. Disappointing to be honest. Last April's warm spell was similar.

I think today is less hazy but of course it has to be cloudy since there's less haze! I remember last year had very reasonable weather after the end of the warm spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭pauldry

Down to 14c in Sligo now after being 21c at 3

The previous 7 to 10 day promised warm spell looks like lasting 1.5 days in Sligo

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I think today is less hazy but of course it has to be cloudy since there's less haze! I remember last year had very reasonable weather after the end of the warm spell.

Indeed it was after some showery days. The Friday 27th to Monday 30th were on the cool side but very sunny whilst it was wet and cold in southeast England, associated with northeasterly winds then of course we had a great May Day bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Overcast but warm evening with no chill breeze.

Ok by me. Nice to be wearing shorts and a tee shirt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 22.3C here near Tralee today, great day.

txint_uk_uku6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Carol25

Anyone know what the current outlook is on the models for tmrw and Monday, out on Achill island at the moment. It was lovely earlier in the day, some lower cloud blew in as the afternoon progressed. Conflicting forecasts on iPhone weather, google weather and met.ie....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Got up to 22.3C here near Tralee today, great day.

txint_uk_uku6.png

Visiting sister in North Kerry for the weekend.. hope it going to hold up.. no doubt our arrival will herald the clouds and a chill breeze

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

lawred2 wrote: »
    Visiting sister in North Kerry for the weekend.. hope it going to hold up.. no doubt our arrival will herald the clouds and a chill breeze

Well, looking for a dry day tomorrow myself to do some block work and laying concrete and it looks dry but cloudy perhaps in Kerry and again looks like cloudy on Sunday leading to bits of rain, mist and drizzle as the day progresses, hopefully it won't spoil your day . On a plus temperatures fairly decent up around 17 -18C and we might squeeze 19C out of it.

iK2pgHr.png

8KdpyDQ.png

7aqgqjg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Typical :rolleyes::rolleyes: Sure I'm coming home [to Tralee] on Sunday. Missed it all :( On the plus side I'm not a fan of such high temps so early and where I am, southern Poland, it's a lovely spring like 17C and all blue skies so no complaints. It would pyss me off a lot more to miss a good spell in summer.

acequion wrote: »
    Typical :rolleyes::rolleyes: Sure I'm coming home [to Tralee] on Sunday. Missed it all :( On the plus side I'm not a fan of such high temps so early and where I am, southern Poland, it's a lovely spring like 17C and all blue skies so no complaints. It would pyss me off a lot more to miss a good spell in summer.

Yeah, been hearing a lot of positive reports from a friend in Poland with this April being exceptionally sunny and dry there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Well, looking for a dry day tomorrow myself to do some block work and laying concrete and it looks dry but cloudy perhaps in Kerry and again looks like cloudy on Sunday leading to bits of rain, mist and drizzle as the day progresses, hopefully it won't spoil your day . On a plus temperatures fairly decent up around 17 -18C and we might squeeze 19C out of it.

iK2pgHr.png

8KdpyDQ.png

7aqgqjg.png

Are those temps for the peninsula accurate? I visit Castlegregory often and never really noticed much difference in temp between there and Tralee.

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Are those temps for the peninsula accurate? I visit Castlegregory often and never really noticed much difference in temp between there and Tralee.

The chart is a bit crude but it would be a bit cooler with onshore sea breeze this time of year I would reckon. Indeed Castlegregory can become quite sheltered in some winds and can often be clear and sunny when it could be cloudy and damp over in Tralee. Sea temperature is just about 10 - 11C atm so an effect on coastal temperatures.

The charts above are also taking account the cloud cover expected along the coast tomorrow and precipitation on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 M50Jct15

Hit 21.8C here in the greater Sandyford area - in very hazy and occasionally cloudy conditions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

M50Jct15 wrote: »
    Hit 21.8C here in the greater Sandyford area - in very hazy and occasionally cloudy conditions. :)

22 c here between 2.00-3.00 pm. SW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Here are some photos from my flight yesterday morning. Again haze was a big feature, but climbing above 3000 ft improved visibility somewhat as the milky murk was left below.

The temperature at 7000 ft was still +8 °C and the wind just 15 kts, so a strong inversion and not much wind to mix out the haze.

These were from 5000 ft, looking east.
    478190.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=478191&d=1555738729

Looking west

478192.jpg

Lough Owel

attachment.php?attachmentid=478193&d=1555738729

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic morning here at Dunshaughlin, wouldn't be out of place in July or August. Already 18C, I can see Phoenix Park getting to at least 22 or 23C today if the sun stays.

Gonzo wrote: »
    fantastic morning here at Dunshaughlin, wouldn't be out of place in July or August. Already 18C, I can see Phoenix Park getting to at least 22 or 23C today if the sun stays.

That would be remarkable as its April record is only 22.2c on 20th April 1943 and 16th April 2003 - it has a higher March temp record of 23.4c on 29th March 1965.

For curiosity sakes, Dunsany's April temp record is 22.1c on 25th April 1975 with the old manual station whilst 20.9c on 22nd April 2011 (Good Friday) with the automatic station that began its records in 2006.

I posted this table over a month ago with an updated version (and completely redesigned manually) of an old Met records table (which only went up to 2010) and now I've just updated it again here with the Malin Head record for April 2019.
    sryanbruen wrote: »
    New redesigned (though in the same general style) table of selected Irish stations' absolute max temp records with the February 2019 ones added.

NQ5Tyf6.png

Data from Met Éireann.

Dunsany 19C and Phoenix Park 20C according to Met Eireann 11am.

Going to prep the bbq, hope everyone gets to enjoy the warm sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

17 degrees at my area of cork city already. Hazy blue skies again but warm

Advertisement